Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL Dude you can have the 3090s ;p. Too rich for me. I have a plane to buy ;). I will stick with the 3080s and will enter thunderdome for one ;) (j/k). Its a bit far for me so I rely on calling the store to check....
A plane to buy? Dude, even a cheap 1972 Cessna is like 18K+ right? lol.

What plane are you trying to buy?

I wouldn't mind owning a Hondajet Elite or a Cessna Citation X+ that can almost do Mach 1. How cool would that be?

A plane to buy? Dude, even a cheap 1972 Cessna is like 18K+ right? lol.

What plane are you trying to buy?

I wouldn't mind owning a Hondajet Elite or a Cessna Citation X+ that can almost do Mach 1. How cool would that be?

Well plane prices are currently inflated due to covid. A used 172 is around 80k. I am seeking a 2000 or newer piper Arrow which normally goes for 80-100k but are currently listed at 150k+ (insane). A Citation is going to run you like 23 mil new.

I will be financing but yeah...trying to limit my expenses atm to save up for the downpayment. Hence the 3080 vs the 1k more 3090. First world problems I know lol.

Well plane prices are currently inflated due to covid. A used 172 is around 80k. I am seeking a 2000 or newer piper Arrow which normally goes for 80-100k but are currently listed at 150k+ (insane). A Citation is going to run you like 23 mil new.

I will be financing but yeah...trying to limit my expenses atm to save up for the downpayment. Hence the 3080 vs the 1k more 3090. First world problems I know lol.
I went with a 3090 instead of an SR-71.

Yeah, you can get a used Citation with low hours for around 9 mill +

Thanks for sharing. Sorry to get off target.

Good luck!

I just another in stock alert from EVGA for the 10G-P5-3881-KR. If anyone wants it, LMK.

Looks like the 3090 supply issue is coming to an end? Hopefully lots of scalpers are beyond their return window.
I think we are close to saturating the limited demand for such a card at this time. Wouldn't be surprised if they are just in stock everywhere by the end of the year.

Looks like the 3090 supply issue is coming to an end? Hopefully lots of scalpers are beyond their return window.
Slowly seems like it. Coming into stock multiple times per day across various retailers. Sells out usually in 5-10 minutes instead of instantly like before.

FUaHuLu.jpg

so amazing.
Witcher looks sickkkk.
Now I just need games to play newer than TF2, GTA5, and Witcher :D
RTX 3070 replacing a 3GB 1060 :O

Last edited:
Slowly seems like it. Coming into stock multiple times per day across various retailers. Sells out usually in 5-10 minutes instead of instantly like before.
Every round it'll get better. Despite what some people here seem to think, there's not an unlimited demand for graphics cards in the $1500-2000 range. That is a LOT of money for what is effectively a toy. The demand is slowly getting satisfied.

You have to be super impatient (or the rare customer who need the 24GB) to buy the 3090 if the rumors of the 3080ti are remotely true.

I did notice the EVGA backlog was in late oct before. Does sound like the supply shortage is coming to an end.

Are the 3070s coming back into stock as well? Haven't been checking much. At this point I am waiting for AMD's benchmarks.

Are the 3070s coming back into stock as well? Haven't been checking much. At this point I am waiting for AMD's benchmarks.
Trickling in, and scalpers/bots are instantly snatching them up. The 3070 has the highest demand, so it will likely be quite some time before they are readily available.

If you are in the US, check out Newegg starting around 4PM PST on weekdays. They restock the 3000 series often. Usually the 3070 and 3090.

Honestly the 3080 is 50% more cuda cores for 40% more cost, plus VRAM, if you can swing it... it’s the better value card. I have a Ventus which is one of the cheaper ones and it’s great.

You have to be super impatient (or the rare customer who need the 24GB) to buy the 3090 if the rumors of the 3080ti are remotely true.

I did notice the EVGA backlog was in late oct before. Does sound like the supply shortage is coming to an end.

For which card? I put my auto notify in on 10/7 for the 3080s and have yet to get an email. Or were you referring to the 3090 cards?

Maybe I will go to fleabay and put in a few $900 bids on a 3090 ;p. Suck It scalpers.

If you are in the US, check out Newegg starting around 4PM PST on weekdays. They restock the 3000 series often. Usually the 3070 and 3090.

Just checked and a two fan ASUS was in stock, clicked on it and now it looks like it is out of stock. $570.

Waiting for the EVGA model at MSRP (they have one model at that price). At $570 I wouldn't get a 3070.

For which card? I put my auto notify in on 10/7 for the 3080s and have yet to get an email. Or were you referring to the 3090 cards?

Maybe I will go to fleabay and put in a few $900 bids on a 3090 ;p. Suck It scalpers.

I was talking about the 3090s.

Nice! Try Control with RT and DLSS. It's a good ray tracing demo, and a really good game with a great story.
Thanks, I never know what's out there, picked it up on Kinguin for $29 after fees.

In case anyone is wondering I paid $625 total, which really isn't terrible(lol) considering after tax and stuff the cost is like $585. Seller was cool too.

Reactions: Epos7
like this

Yeah even with the 3080s, it depends which one you wanted. I got in pretty early for the xc3 ultra. Still got nothing. Most of what has shown up has been FTW cards. xc3 ultras haven't even reached lunchtime on 9-17 yet. xc3 black hasn't even hit breakfast on 9-17. FTW3 ultras have been received by people who joined the queue in november.

I had limited choice due to case size, so I'm glad I snagged a 3080 FE. I don't think the AIBs really intend to deliver cheaper cards ever.

Yeah even with the 3080s, it depends which one you wanted. I got in pretty early for the xc3 ultra. Still got nothing. Most of what has shown up has been FTW cards. xc3 ultras haven't even reached lunchtime on 9-17 yet. xc3 black hasn't even hit breakfast on 9-17. FTW3 ultras have been received by people who joined the queue in november.

I had limited choice due to case size, so I'm glad I snagged a 3080 FE. I don't think the AIBs really intend to deliver cheaper cards ever.

I put in for the 3080 FTW3 Ultra in Oct and have not gotten my email yet.

You have already entered for a notify on the following date/time: 10/7/2020 6:52:35 AM.
. I did not miss any email either.

Last edited:

3080 FTW3 Ultra emails are still being sent to people who signed up for notification on Sept 17th (I believe they're in the evening hours now on that date) according to the spreadsheet on Reddit.

I'm also in the late to signup club. I at least picked the right two 3080's to request notifications for; but it looks like late january for the first of them. Hopefully supply will be less snafu by then; EVGA's not my first choice this time around anyway: I've got 2 HDMI only monitors and want another plug shifting dongle about as much as I want another hole in the head.

3080 FTW3 Ultra emails are still being sent to people who signed up for notification on Sept 17th (I believe they're in the evening hours now on that date) according to the spreadsheet on Reddit.
This is why I think I'll get notified about the 3090 I asked to be notified about before I hear about my 3080 step up.

Nice! Try Control with RT and DLSS. It's a good ray tracing demo, and a really good game with a great story.
This game is straight fire/lit/fat or whatever. Has a Doom meets Deus Ex vibe to it

TF2 still dips down to 70fps at time with a 6600k at 4.4 allcore

Just the worst optimized game of the decade.

received my HP Reverb G2 today! Beat Saber runs @ 44% res on my 1660Ti. Really needing to snag a 3080 now. Some games I can play close to 100% resolution, but there's some serious headroom with the 90hz screens.

This game is straight fire/lit/fat or whatever. Has a Doom meets Deus Ex vibe to it
Sort of off-topic but I wouldn't say Control has much Doom or Deus Ex in it at all. It's basically a third person shooter + SCP. It does seem like a fun game, though.

LOL Dude you can have the 3090s ;p. Too rich for me. I have a plane to buy ;). I will stick with the 3080s and will enter thunderdome for one ;) (j/k). Its a bit far for me so I rely on calling the store to check....

“The two happiest days in a boat owner's life: the day you buy the boat, and the day you sell the boat.” Heard this applies to airplanes as well. Have a friend that has a 182 and he is constantly dumping money into it for maintenance. That doesn't include operating costs. If you can swing it, it is awesome, but if your budgeting for it...

On topic, looking forward to lower than msrp 3090's in For Sale sections soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back