Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did anyone manage to buy a 3080 today? I was asleep. LOL But I dunno how fast they actually flew off the "virtual shelves."

"One of the better independent metrics I have seen is the number of posted benchmarks. There are a lot for Ampere given where it is in its lifecycle- too many for paper launch and miles ahead of Turing."

A scalped 3080 will benchmark just as well as a user bought 3080. Conspiracy theories aside the Scalperbot phenomenon seems to still be in full force. The only options for a 3080 I see are priced at $1500. NOT COOL!! 😢😢😢

So did anyone manage to buy a 3080 today? I was asleep. LOL But I dunno how fast they actually flew off the "virtual shelves."

"One of the better independent metrics I have seen is the number of posted benchmarks. There are a lot for Ampere given where it is in its lifecycle- too many for paper launch and miles ahead of Turing."

A scalped 3080 will benchmark just as well as a user bought 3080. Conspiracy theories aside the Scalperbot phenomenon seems to still be in full force. The only options for a 3080 I see are priced at $1500. NOT COOL!! 😢😢😢

Get em for 900-1100 on /r/hardwareswap

They are down to 8-900 on face book market. Funny as people are asking 8-900 for the 3070 also. I don’t understand why people think they can get double for a mid range card.

Just got the email from evga for the 3090 if anyone wants to work something out for it. I won't be using it. I have 8 hrs to order if interested

Thats what I did too. Can't wait to try it. Very few reviews online, but there is one Youtube that talks about how cool it says.
Yeah I'm hoping phanteks releases a block for it like they did for the 2080 series otherwise might get a hydrocopper or waterforce when/if they release.

1605583127053.png

What will it be?

I got an alert that Amazon had some 3080 in stock. I click on the link and it's immediately OOS. Literally cannot beat the bots! OOF. This is a nightmare!

Since when is this an Ampere card? ;)
still, I'm curious. It's interesting no matter what shows up. My money is on..... Athlon XP 1600+ Thoroughbred, in that clear plastic retail packaging. It's as likely as anything else.

I got an alert that Amazon had some 3080 in stock. I click on the link and it's immediately OOS. Literally cannot beat the bots! OOF. This is a nightmare!
You'll never win at Amazon. Try Newegg/Zotac - that's where to go. Or the FS/FT forum here gets them regularly now - there are 3090s sitting in folks hands for retail.

I'm on a Discord with Amazon alerts. I've clicked links <10s after they appear in chat and already OOS.

Still can't find a switch in stock

I think companies like intel/apple/nvidia/amazon etc have plenty of money.. just means bigger bonuses for top execs... the random scalper could put food on the table, pay rent/mortgage.. or just be a good consumer and spend that money putting it back into the economy. Insinuating that a scalper is just some low life who is going to smoke cigarettes and get hookers is pretty ridiculous.

So how much should nvidia charge for a 3080 then? because if they priced them at 1200 I guarantee they would still be oos.. so 1500 would be okay price? 2000? Where is the line that makes nvidia the bad guy?
I'm just making a point not saying thats exactly what a scalper would do. But from the perspective of lots of people scalpers are gouging and not exactly the most ethically upstanding people.

I really don't know or care what Nvidia charges or anyone else be it AMD, MS, or Sony. I wouldn't see any problem with them starting at $3000, the market would adjust. When ever the product comes down to your price point you can buy.

The scalper has many down sides, not the least of which is that things like this encourage more scalping and its basically gambling behavior. On top of that why doesn't the person do something more productive with thier life? They add no value to the supply chain. They are just exploiting psychological pitfalls in the market. They are literally bad for the environment.

I think companies like intel/apple/nvidia/amazon etc have plenty of money.. just means bigger bonuses for top execs... the random scalper could put food on the table, pay rent/mortgage.. or just be a good consumer and spend that money putting it back into the economy. Insinuating that a scalper is just some low life who is going to smoke cigarettes and get hookers is pretty ridiculous.
What about bestbuy of the worlds employee ? That could make their year's if bestbuy could gouge price and give big commission during those time to them, could be retailers of all sort that has such tiny margin all year long and need to sales super overpriced items for the few people do not shop around like cables more than going all up.

And neither necessarily will Nvidia - that will become shareholder equity, which gets distributed (generally) as part of the dividend, supposedly. Or paid in bonuses. Some will get reinvested, but they only have so many R&D projects going at a time.

Demand - to meet that, you need more fabs. Fabs are massive investments - billions of dollars and 5+ years, and only so many places that you can put them. That's not something they're interested in investing in - there's a reason everyone is starting to go fabless and farm that out (running your own is a major cost you might never get back).
This is simple logical task. If Joe scalper gets the money your chances of it improving any product are next to zero. If AMD or nvidia get the money sure it could go to bonus, or shareholders, and it could also go toward the product so you actually have a decent chance here vs the near 0% chance you get with scalper. Think about it.. If you think I am wrong look a apple. They are rich as hell, and that affords them the ability to buy thier way into any product they please to pass on to thier customer. And that is something they do. And on the flip side AMD was hurting hard for many years and we all lost out because of that. Some extra money would have been Hella helpful for them.

This is simple logical task. If Joe scalper gets the money your chances of it improving any product are next to zero. If AMD or nvidia get the money sure it could go to bonus, or shareholders, and it could also go toward the product so you actually have a decent chance here vs the near 0% chance you get with scalper. Think about it.. If you think I am wrong look a apple. They are rich as hell, and that affords them the ability to buy thier way into any product they please to pass on to thier customer. And that is something they do. And on the flip side AMD was hurting hard for many years and we all lost out because of that. Some extra money would have been Hella helpful for them.
You're right, but that doesn't imply that nvidia WOULD invest it in R&D and not return it to the shareholders. When you need cash flow, you need cash flow. Nvidia doesn't - neither does apple. So - they return it as dividend to the stockholders, because ballooning stockholder equity that isn't paid out makes your stock price do some weird things.

I am pretty sure if Nvidia came out and said 3080s were going to cost 1599 and 3090s 2999 there would be a lot more crying over that than from a few months of people scalping. Were crypto miners low lifes too a few years ago when everything was oos and retailers were scalping. Newegg, Bestbuy, all of them.. they were selling 1060 3gb for 300-400 bucks.. I know.. I bought like 50 of them :)

You're right, but that doesn't imply that nvidia WOULD invest it in R&D and not return it to the shareholders. When you need cash flow, you need cash flow. Nvidia doesn't - neither does apple. So - they return it as dividend to the stockholders, because ballooning stockholder equity that isn't paid out makes your stock price do some weird things.
growing dynamic company (those who can) tend to be timid on dividend:

https://www.marketbeat.com/stocks/NASDAQ/NVDA/dividend/

0.1, 0.2, 0.4%

That is very little (about 3-4% of revenues) versus the 26% of annual revenues they spend in R&D.

Has for cash flow need (I could not explain why) but often those company still like them:
https://appleinsider.com/articles/2...lans to sell $5.5,billion taking place in May.
https://www.cooley.com/news/coverage/2020/2020-04-03-nvidia-5-billion-investment-grade-bond-offering

They seem to often still borrow many billions.

I am pretty sure if Nvidia came out and said 3080s were going to cost 1599 and 3090s 2999 there would be a lot more crying over that than from a few months of people scalping. Were crypto miners low lifes too a few years ago when everything was oos and retailers were scalping. Newegg, Bestbuy, all of them.. they were selling 1060 3gb for 300-400 bucks.. I know.. I bought like 50 of them :)
Yes it would be a terrible PR nightmare, probably worst for console (and the reason console are so popular is because they are so popular and inexpensive at entry).

growing dynamic company (those who can) tend to be timid on dividend:

https://www.marketbeat.com/stocks/NASDAQ/NVDA/dividend/

0.1, 0.2, 0.4%

That is very little (about 3-4% of revenues) versus the 26% of annual revenues they spend in R&D.

Has for cash flow need (I could not explain why) but often those company still like them:
https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/08/13/apple-to-issue-55b-bond-sale-amid-tech-industry-borrowing-boom#:~:text=Apple plans to sell $5.5,billion taking place in May.
https://www.cooley.com/news/coverage/2020/2020-04-03-nvidia-5-billion-investment-grade-bond-offering

They seem to often still borrow many billions.
Lots of reasons for the bonds; changes how the accounting works for earnings vs using cash. Deep conversation there

Microcenter in Overland Park got 30 x RTX 3090's Monday morning. I think they have maybe 15+ left .. .a guess. I know around 10+ sold yesterday up until my contact stopped feeding me information, went home or just got busy doing something else. They are all the EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 cards @ $1799 each + $180 tax or around $2,000. The performance on these are very slightly better than the Asus Strix OC RTX 3090

I think supply and demand could ease up a bit from about Black Friday on as people will obviously shift their resources toward the Holidays.

In keeping with the spirit of community solidarity, also consider the following -

I heard a "rumor" that the Overland Park location has around 10 to 15 x AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT's and 20+ RX 6800's. This "rumor" includes a handful of Zen 3 5950's and 20+ 5900's as well. I believe this information has good merit and is fairly accurate. Of course since this is a "Ampre" thread, the same rumor is telling me there will be some RTX 3080's and possibly some RTX 3070 cards as well.

This is relevant information as the Ampre cards are in very short supply along with the new AMD "Big-Navi" GPU's having very similar performance. It's definitely an alternative consideration.

If you want a 5950x or 6800 XT ... a group of people are going up early on the 17th possible as soon as 6 or 7pm. I would estimate at least 5 people, maybe 10 people at this point.

From my personal experience, expect 5 to 10 people before 10pm the 17th, 15 - 20 people before 12 midnight to 1am, 30 people up until around 4am and as many as 50+ people in-line before the doors open at 9am. Factors are, 6800 XT and 6800 official launch. Microcenter attempting to "line-up products" i.e. Zen 3 cpu's to drive sales the day of ( the 18th ) as well as the demand for nVidia 3xxx series cards. Also, the weather forecast appears to be mild ( 50's ). The Zen 3 cpu's have largely been confirmed for stores as California received 30+ Zen 3 CPU's Monday morning. Source - unofficial Microcenter Discord channel.

So if you are near the Microcenter in Overland Park, there is a VERY good chance to ( possibly ) get you a new nVidia "Ampre" video card among other new to market upgrades the 17th and 18th. If you have deep pockets and or are a hardcore PC gamer, the EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090's are in stock right now. ( This is NOT reflected on their Web Store ) Limited quantity so get there this AM.

Good luck -

Last edited:
I'm just waiting out for my step up from EVGA at this point. I check several times a day and nothing in stock anywhere.

Microcenter in Overland Park got 30 x RTX 3090's Monday morning. I think they have maybe 15+ left .. .a guess. I know around 10+ sold yesterday up until my contact stopped feeding me information, went home or just got busy doing something else. They are all the EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 cards @ $1799 each + $180 tax or around $2,000. The performance on these are very slightly better than the Asus Strix OC RTX 3090

I think supply and demand could ease up a bit from about Black Friday on as people will obviously shift their resources toward the Holidays.

In keeping with the spirit of community solidarity, also consider the following -

I heard a "rumor" that the Overland Park location has around 10 to 15 x AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT's and 20+ RX 6800's. This "rumor" includes a handful of Zen 3 5950's and 20+ 5900's as well. I believe this information has good merit and is fairly accurate. Of course since this is a "Ampre" thread, the same rumor is telling me there will be some RTX 3080's and possibly some RTX 3070 cards as well.

This is relevant information as the Ampre cards are in very short supply along with the new AMD "Big-Navi" GPU's having very similar performance.

If you want a 5950x or 6800 XT ... a group of people are going up early on the 17th possible as soon as 6 or 7pm. I would estimate at least 5 people, maybe 10 people at this point.

From my personal experience, expect 5 to 10 people before 10pm the 17th, 15 - 20 people before 12 midnight to 1am, 30 people up until around 4am and as many as 50+ people in-line before the doors open at 9am. Factors are, 6800 XT and 6800 official launch. Microcenter attempting to "line-up products" i.e. Zen 3 cpu's to drive sales the day of ( the 18th ) as well as the demand for nVidia 3xxx series cards. Also, the weather forecast appears to be mild ( 50's ). The Zen 3 cpu's have largely been confirmed for stores as California received 30+ Zen 3 CPU's Monday morning. Source - unofficial Microcenter Discord channel.

So if you are near the Microcenter in Overland Park, there is a VERY good chance to ( possibly ) get you a new nVidia "Ampre" video card among other new to market upgrades the 17th and 18th. If you have deep pockets and or are a hardcore PC gamer, the EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090's are in stock right now. ( This is NOT reflected on their Web Store ) Limited quantity so get there this AM.

Good luck -
Yea I am willing to get there before 6am but 10pm the night before? Fuck that.

Anything earlier than 5am for a say 8am opening time is fucking insane. Not worth your time.
No waiting necessary this particular morning if your looking for a RTX 3090, the EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090's are in stock. Just go at 9am and pick one up.

Good luck.

No waiting necessary this particular morning if your looking for a RTX 3090, the EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090's are in stock. Just go at 9am and pick one up.

Good luck.
Yeah, there were 10+ as of yesterday mid afternoon when i was there. Saw two or three people out front when i drove by 30min ago.
I'd still like to get a hold of a 3080 and a 5950 .

Good luck.

Not near me, at least according to the website and the guy on the phone when I called. All OOS. I was tempted but a 3090 is a bit much price wise imo. Thanks for the tip though.

Not near you? You're near the OP Microcenter?

I just walked in 5 mins ago. They have a few RTX 3090's in stock. I'm tempted to get another one but I don't want to run 2 different modeled 3090's in SLI .... going to save money for the 6900 XT and or 3080 Ti.

So, yeah, about the web site ... it is NEVER accurate for video cards other than open box and I wouldn't even trust that.

I am willing to ask for a voucher for you if you can get here within the hour. I have errands to run in the area. You will need $1950+ dollars with tax.

Please let me know ASAP.

Not near you? You're near the OP Microcenter?

I just walked in 5 mins ago. They have a few RTX 3090's in stock. I'm tempted to get another one but I don't want to run 2 different modeled 3090's in SLI .... going to save money for the 6900 XT and or 3080 Ti.

So, yeah, about the web site ... it is NEVER accurate for video cards other than open box and I wouldn't even trust that.

I am willing to ask for a voucher for you if you can get here within the hour. I have errands to run in the area. You will need $1950+ dollars with tax.

Please let me know ASAP.

Nope, I am in MA. I was clarifying for the person who commented saying they were in stock at that MC. Apparently I didn't clarify well enough (sorry!) - but thanks for the offer of helping out. Its appreciated.

Nope, I am in MA. I was clarifying for the person who commented saying they were in stock at that MC. Apparently I didn't clarify well enough (sorry!) - but thanks for the offer of helping out. Its appreciated.
No, he was replying to me and collaborating my story.

Last edited:
the cambridge microcenter is my turf.

the cambridge microcenter is my turf.

LOL Dude you can have the 3090s ;p. Too rich for me. I have a plane to buy ;). I will stick with the 3080s and will enter thunderdome for one ;) (j/k). Its a bit far for me so I rely on calling the store to check....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back