Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I bought this one yesterday. I saw the notification in discord, clicked it and added to cart no problem, contemplated actually buying it for a minute, then went on to payment and newegg had errors. I waited another minute and tried again, still errors. Then I tried checkout with paypal and that worked.

This was probably close to 5 minutes after it went on sale *A NEW RECORD*. Probably all due to the newegg payment service failure which likely prevented any bots from buying, and most people from getting it.

I've got a buddy what wants me to build him a monster game machine, he's after a 3090. I'd like a 3080 for myself. Don't see it happening before the first of the year, and I've kept my eyes open but I don't sit an refresh order screens.....

If AMD gets their stuff together, and it's in stock.....well, hmm......

I've got a buddy what wants me to build him a monster game machine, he's after a 3090. I'd like a 3080 for myself. Don't see it happening before the first of the year, and I've kept my eyes open but I don't sit an refresh order screens.....

If AMD gets their stuff together, and it's in stock.....well, hmm......

Zotac has been the only relatively consistently available 3090 I've seen lately. Managed to snag one with overnight shipping for cheaper than most other vendors. Ordered late on day 1, they shipped on day 2, and it is here today.

Zotac has been the only relatively consistently available 3090 I've seen lately. Managed to snag one with overnight shipping for cheaper than most other vendors. Ordered late on day 1, they shipped on day 2, and it is here today.
If you are willing and able to have an open window with the discord thread you will have better luck. I am at my PC for most of the day/night and could have bought various 3070s, 3080s, and 3090s from all different manufactures. I do agree though that the Zotac are the ones appearing to have the most availability.

Oh, I have been, but even with the Discord notifications, I've never been able to get anything but the Zotacs into a cart let alone actually purchased.

Yep, I got my Zotac 3090 on Tuesday. Works good. Not an overclock card but fine otherwise. I haven't even had any trouble with their software. I was able to squeeze 3 to 5 percent out of it with a core clock bump despite the low 350watt limit.

Antonline has some, but they are combo's....you could always sell the chip
https://www.antonline.com/Computers/Multimedia_Devices/Video_Cards/Graphic_Cards/GeForce
https://www.antonline.com/Evga/Computers/Multimedia_Devices/Video_Cards/Graphic_Cards/1412771
$800 GPU + $400 (last gen) CPU = $1600 good fuck all, yeah it was an "MSI problem" everyone is getting their scalp on. Get rid of old stock, by combining it with a much desired item, fuck all going to add $400 on top of that.

Yup, give zero fucks of the technology that's coming out now whether it's graphics cards by Nvidia or AMD (because you know the same shit will happen there), and next gen AMD cpus? Yeah, certainly giving less than zero fucks on that until normalcy returns to this world or everyone who's trying to make a quick buck flipping a desired item catches COVID and dies.

https://www.antonline.com/Evga/Computers/Multimedia_Devices/Video_Cards/Graphic_Cards/1412771
$800 GPU + $400 (last gen) CPU = $1600 good fuck all, yeah it was an "MSI problem" everyone is getting their scalp on. Get rid of old stock, by combining it with a much desired item, fuck all going to add $400 on top of that.

Yup, give zero fucks of the technology that's coming out now whether it's graphics cards by Nvidia or AMD (because you know the same shit will happen there), and next gen AMD cpus? Yeah, certainly giving less than zero fucks on that until normalcy returns to this world or everyone who's trying to make a quick buck flipping a desired item catches COVID and dies.
sounds like you give a lot of fucks to the point you literally just hoped people caught covid and died...... Relax man, GPU ain't changing your life here.....

There was a 3090 available at ZOTAC just now but site slowed way down as I was checking out and it was gone by the time I “finished”.

There was a 3090 available at ZOTAC just now but site slowed way down as I was checking out and it was gone by the time I “finished”.
The trick for me was to use the direct to paypal checkout link they posted on the Discord server. Skips all of those checkout steps where the Zotac server usually takes a dump.

I'm becoming more content to wait for January and pick up the 20GB 3080 Ti...by that time stocks should normalize as well and I would have my pick between AIB 3080, 3080 Ti, 3070 Ti
You think you will be able to just go in and pick up a 3080ti lol? They are going to be gone even faster. I plan on going to MC at 5:30 for one on release day.

Last edited:
You think you will be able to just go in and pick up a 3080to lol? They are going to be gone even faster. I plan on going to MC at 5:30 for one on release day.

as the price hits $1000+ I don't see as many people running out to buy one...plus stock levels have to normalize sometime

Uh 3090? Stock might be ok for 3080/3070 but 3080ti will be the hot new thing and what people really wanted.

I don't think demand for the 3090 is anywhere near what demand is for the 3080/3070...the problem is that Nvidia has even lower quantities of 3090 cards being sent out...

What's considered the best 3080? Asus TUF still?

all the cards perform basically the same so it's all about temps, noise and aesthetics...I'd put the TUF/Strix cards on top (although I'm not sure the price premium on the Strix is worth it)...Gigabyte Master/Extreme and MSI Gaming X Trio...

Microcenter in Columbus OH has a cabinet with about a dozen+ 3090s.
No 70/80
When was this? Their website is showing all 3000 series out of stock. Or, is the actual store stock never being reflected on their website? I check every day, and every card is always out of stock.

When was this? Their website is showing all 3000 series out of stock. Or, is the actual store stock never being reflected on their website? I check every day, and every card is always out of stock.
Last night.
They dont sell them on the web, in store only..
I went there on opening day for the 3070 (Not to buy a GPU) and they basically threw the 3070 at me when I walked in..

anyone in the NY area been to any of the NYC Micro Center locations and have any luck picking up a 3080 (or even 3070)?

Finally have a RTX 3090 shipped after a long backorder (ASUS TUF). Not sure I'm going to keep it - I'll look at the box and decide then.

I got a Zotac in today. Create an account, and be logged in by 8:30 CST have your PayPal logged in as well. I'm happy with the card. Great temps, and it fits in my NR200.

I ran to Micro Center in Columbus, Ohio on my lunch break, and just like TheGeekFreek said, they had NINE EVGA FTW 3090's in the glass case @ $1799. While I was there for ~5 minutes, 3 other guys walked in asking for 3080's (that's what I was after).

I ran to Micro Center in Columbus, Ohio on my lunch break, and just like TheGeekFreek said, they had NINE EVGA FTW 3090's in the glass case @ $1799. While I was there for ~5 minutes, 3 other guys walked in asking for 3080's (that's what I was after).
The FTWs seem more available than the xc3 models. Wish I could fit 2.75 slots in my streacom DA2 (without resorting to a hacksaw).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back