Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called up my 2 local Micro Center's here in NYC...one of the stores said mid-November for the 3080--maybe...looks like the NYC stores don't get regular drops like other parts of the country

I'm going to buy the 3080 FTW for an [H] member. Anyone have an EVGA affiliate code?
I case you don't get a different one, I use r/buildapcsales as it's the only one I know of. (copied and pasted it all below)

EVGA has an affiliate code program which allows you to save on your purchase (limitations apply, see here for details and here for terms). They have granted /r/buildapcsales a sub-wide code. This code is not tied to any individual.

Please use this code S1UQP0HAKH2GPDI.

Savings below:

• Audio: 10%
  • Cases: 10%
  • Cooling (CLC products, HYBRID Kits and HYDRO COPPER Kits): 10%
  • Graphics (not include RTX Accessories, such as Trim Kits, Shields, etc.): 5%
  • Motherboards: 5%
  • Power Supplies: 10%

Last edited:
My notification came first thing this morning! So I have a 3090 FTW3 Ultra on the way. Even though I used an associate code, I admit that the FTW3 Ultra is pretty dang expensive. I could have potentially snagged one of the lesser cards from the scalpers (Zotac or Gigabyte) on Ebay for less money. Having said that, this is one of the cards I was aiming for I'm glad I got it for MSRP, even though the MSRP + tax on this item is pretty dang steep...

At least my hunt is over. I can rest easy and now hope to fully enjoy my LG OLED CX 77".
When did you put your notification in to EVGA?

I finally got the EVGA notification to purchase a 3080 FTW card but I already have a 3090 FE. I guess I'll just let it expire.
When did you sign up for the notification?

I'm still in the queue for the 3080 FTW3 Ultra. If mine comes up I could potentially buy one for a member here, if that happens before they're widely available.

I believe t1137duder put his notification on 10/05 > I did mine on 10/03 @ 7pm. and got my email last Friday @ 4pm.

I'm surprised they're already up to October...I put my request in on 10/7 11:56 PM for the FTW3 Ultra...I'm not even sure if I want that card anymore...I prefer the Asus TUF, Gigabyte Master/Extreme or MSI Gaming X Trio

I'm surprised they're already up to October...I put my request in on 10/7 11:56 PM for the FTW3 Ultra...I'm not even sure if I want that card anymore...I prefer the Asus TUF, Gigabyte Master/Extreme or MSI Gaming X Trio
I completely agree that the FTW3 Ultra isn't the ideal pick. Having said that, after doing comparisons and doing hard looks at the data...the differences between all of these cards are very minor. Maybe if I had the 2080 Ti or something newer I'd be more patient to get my exact choice but I'm dying to get off the 1080 Ti and into 4k 120Hz HDR gaming gooodness.

What’s your reasoning? I am interested in TUF 3080 series for its barebones price, excellent cooler, and extra HDMI port. What’s the draw to the MSI?
Gigabyte Extreme or Master?
Really all these cards will be within spitting distance of each other. I’d rather just pocket the extra money by buying the Tuf. If EVGA has two HDMI ports it’d be my brand choice. I’ve been really pleased with EVGA over the years, but since I still have been unable to land a 3080, I’m just going to sit out until the Tuf 3080 is available at $700 without tax from Newegg. The longer they make me wait, the pickier I’m gonna be.

What’s your reasoning? I am interested in TUF 3080 series for its barebones price but cooler and extra HDMI port. What’s the draw to the MSI?
Gigabyte Extreme or Master?
Really all these cards will be within spitting distance of each other. I’d rather just pocket the extra money by buying the Tuf. If EVGA has two HDMI ports it’d be my brand choice. I’ve been really pleased with EVGA over the years.

all the cards basically perform the same so it's all about the cooling, temps and aesthetics...Asus seems to have the best cooling and MSI seems to be the quietest

I would also say buy one and sell it to a member at cost.

all the cards basically perform the same so it's all about the cooling, temps and aesthetics...Asus seems to have the best cooling and MSI seems to be the quietest
I don't know man. Maybe I'm not seeing what you're seeing, but from what I've seen it might suggest what you're saying on the surface but I think there's a little more to the data. It's difficult to find standardized data between these cards, but TechPowerUp has at least measured the Strix, Ftw3 Ultra, and the MSI.

comparison.png

I know maybe not the most go-to source but I haven't really seen these cards compared elsewhere. Looking here, I see the FTW3 Ultra is quieter + cooler under load than the Gaming Trio. The ASUS runs cooler, sure...but at what cost? Even the quiet BIOS is louder than the FTW3 Ultra, and runs hotter. To me this suggests that if you were to attempt to normalize the data for noise, by adjusting the fan curve for example, the FTW3 Ultra would likely provided the coolest thermals *and* the quietest temperature. "But what about the performance?", the FTW3 Ultra on average is around 1% percent slower average than the MSI in games, 2% slower average than the Strix in games, which could easily be balanced out by overclocking the FTW3 Ultra (while most likely maintaining better temperatures and volumes as well). It's hard to tell which card is actually the best unless someone actually took the time to see what card gets the best FPS and thermal performance standardized to a specific noise level.

I know maybe not the most go-to source but I haven't really seen these cards compared elsewhere. Looking here, I see the FTW3 Ultra is quieter + cooler under load than the Gaming Trio. The ASUS runs cooler, sure...but at what cost? Even the quiet BIOS is louder than the FTW3 Ultra, and runs hotter. To me this suggests that if you were to attempt to normalize the data for noise, by adjusting the fan curve for example, the FTW3 Ultra would likely provided the coolest thermals *and* the quietest temperature. "But what about the performance?", the FTW3 Ultra on average is around 1% percent slower average than the MSI in games, 2% slower average than the Strix in games, which could easily be balanced out by overclocking the FTW3 Ultra (while most likely maintaining better temperatures and volumes as well). It's hard to tell which card is actually the best unless someone actually took the time to see what card gets the best FPS and thermal performance standardized to a specific noise level.

I need to go back and research all the reviews I've read but it's more about the TUF models then the STRIX as far as temps...the TUF line is also much closer to MSRP...the STRIX does seem overpriced...the MSI Gaming X Trio even in that chart you linked does show excellent noise levels...the FTW Ultra card shows much better performance in the chart you linked but I've read multiple reviews on the TUF and Gaming X Trio where I have them listed in my Top 3 (the Gigabyte 3080 Master/Extreme cards I put in my list but I'm not as confident in them compared to Asus)

in the end I don't think you can go wrong with an EVGA FTW3 (especially taking the Step-Up Warranty into consideration) but I'd still prefer an Asus TUF

Meanwhile, I put my notify in for an XC3 card on 9/18 and haven't heard anything.

Given the very minor differences between cards I'd much rather deal with EVGA than ASUS if I ever needed a warranty claim.

I'm going to watercool so I don't care about the cooler.

My notification came first thing this morning! So I have a 3090 FTW3 Ultra on the way. Even though I used an associate code, I admit that the FTW3 Ultra is pretty dang expensive. I could have potentially snagged one of the lesser cards from the scalpers (Zotac or Gigabyte) on Ebay for less money. Having said that, this is one of the cards I was aiming for I'm glad I got it for MSRP, even though the MSRP + tax on this item is pretty dang steep...

At least my hunt is over. I can rest easy and now hope to fully enjoy my LG OLED CX 77".
When did you sign up for your notification?

3080 is out of stock already according to when I added it to my card. Not available for shipping or pickup anywhere near me.
it isnt. I just added one to my card and got to checkout. You need to select a BB store to ship to, I had plenty of options but decided not to.

Yeah its says unavailable for every zip near me...
sucks, it wouldn't let me ship to home anymore, and when I put in a new hampshire zip, it only listed ship to store availability for massachusetts stores.

sucks, it wouldn't let me ship to home anymore, and when I put in a new hampshire zip, it only listed ship to store availability for massachusetts stores.

Funny I am in southern MA and I got "no stores within 250 miles available for pickup". What a shitshow.

Same, any store I added for pickup near me at Best Buy would say "We're sorry, these items are no longer available for store pickup at the location you've selected" FUCK!

weird, I got everything from danvers to seekonk.

Yeah...and I just tried a NH zip and it showed me those and then it said "sorry we've just detected this is out of stock." fuckers.

I am kinda beyond pissed. It was added to my cart after their stupid wait and click again. I was in the middle of fucking checkout after selecting a store the fist time (when adding to the cart) and then it just goes "nope. No stores near you. Fuck off. " Tried a new zip, saw stores within 250 miles, tried to click continue and got "sorry sold out!".

Ugh this is borderline ridiculous at this point. I literally was one click away on Best Buy to place the order. It took 2 mins to get my verification code which is probably the downfall of my attempt. It kind of pisses me off though, there is a verification code system and after you validate (which I did), they can't guarantee a 5 min slot or something after you verify to finish the order details and place it.

Ugh this is borderline ridiculous at this point. I literally was one click away on Best Buy to place the order. It took 2 mins to get my verification code which is probably the downfall of my attempt. It kind of pisses me off though, there is a verification code system and after you validate (which I did), they can't guarantee a 5 min slot or something after you verify to finish the order details and place it.

They could but they have no incentive to do so. Wtf do they care who buys it as long as it sells?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back