Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the people who have been able to buy 3080's and 3090's lately, how many non-Founder's Edition cards have been sold at the respective FE MSRP $699 and $1,499 price points? How many were about $50 over? about $100 over? or about $150+ over?
I think BB is the only one selling FE cards currently, most of them are AIBs which are all over the $699 price for the most part. Most in the $750-800 range.

Of the people who have been able to buy 3080's and 3090's lately, how many non-Founder's Edition cards have been sold at the respective FE MSRP $699 and $1,499 price points? How many were about $50 over? about $100 over? or about $150+ over?

I've seen loads of Zotac Trinity cards selling for $729 over the past month. Zotac tends to have inventory every few days. I bought my Strix 3080 OC for $850. BB has had 2-3 major drops of FE cards with 150-300 cards each time.

I've seen loads of Zotac Trinity cards selling for $729 over the past month. Zotac tends to have inventory every few days. I bought my Strix 3080 OC for $850. BB has had 2-3 major drops of FE cards with 150-300 cards each time.
Zotac’s store is always dropping.

F1FAEC62-B732-41F8-B70B-B35FF4DFA536.gif

I bought a PNY 3090 for retail.

I was able to get a Zotac 3090 for a friend. While the card has no overclocking ability it works fine. It boosts to about 1900mhz while gaming. It does run a bit hot compared to the FE though. About 10c hotter. You can mitigate that with a custom fan curve.

People are acting like the AIBs aren't always over MSRP...

Here's what you're missing. AIB's aren't exactly making the "cheaper" variants of their cards and are instead pushing out the higher end ones with higher margins. You're not even getting a performance boost with your extra cost. There is very little OCing headroom on any card. Meaning that a $699 FE is going to perform like a $810 FTW3. The only difference is that the AIB makes more money (which I don't blame them for doing that...I'm a capitalist afterall). You're not even getting a binned card with higher boost clocks for your extra money. You're just paying more money.

The Aarhus warehouse still have 7 of the 3090 in stock (was 10 this morning when I replied initially). My brother actually lives in Aarhus (I'm from Denmark but have lived in the states for a long time now). But unless he can buy one on my behalf and prove I'm don't reside in Denmark, perhaps they can remove the 25% VAT but probably a long shot not worth pursuing...

For clarification, are you asking about cards that have an MSRP of $699 that are being sold/scalped for a higher price, or cards where the MSRP is higher than Nvidia's $699 FE MSRP?

I think it's an important clarification because there are plenty of cards that have a higher MSRP than $699, but they are better cards than the FE. I picked up a FTW3 Ultra (MSRP is $809, but I paid $769 w/ an associates code through Evga. I've got no issues paying $70 over Nvidia's MSRP since I got a better product. It's not scalping or taking advantage of a shortage or anything like that, it's just a better card, so it's more expensive.

It's pretty straightforward in that an AiB can set whatever price it wants for its Ampere 30xx cards and a retail or e-tail store can adjust from there. How many of those AiB cards are being sold at $699 and $1,499 respectively for 3080s and 3090s?

In your case it was not a $699 card and would be in the approximately $50+ category. Whether the changes to the circuit board and/or cooling solution are actually worth the extra $70 you paid is a separate matter entirely.

It's pretty straightforward in that an AiB can set whatever price it wants for its Ampere 30xx cards and a retail or e-tail store can adjust from there. How many of those AiB cards are being sold at $699 and $1,499 respectively for 3080s and 3090s?

In your case it was not a $699 card and would be in the approximately $50+ category. Whether the changes to the circuit board and/or cooling solution are actually worth the extra $70 you paid is a separate matter entirely.

I think Nvidia was asking for 20% to be at the $699 price point. Whether or not that happened is up to debate (unlikely IMO).

I really needed to buy a gpu so i bought a 2070s thinking that by Nov/Dec i can just do the step up.... I dont think i'll be able to step for for a long time =[

I really needed to buy a gpu so i bought a 2070s thinking that by Nov/Dec i can just do the step up.... I dont think i'll be able to step for for a long time =[
Everything will change after the 6800 series releases. Have faith.

Just make sure you're in the queue before your 90 days go by.

people who ordered from Zotac direct....If I completed the purchase and my CC was charged, does that mean i actually snagged one?

I ordered from Zotac and got a shipping email with UPS tracking number. Until then, I was still wondering if my order actually went through.

Reactions: Dan
like this
Is Zotac the best place to sign up for in-stock notifications? Any real sense of what sites are getting inventory back at a decent rate?

EVGA 3080 XC3 Black from Amazon finally being delivered tomorrow. Long wait from 9/28 order. Can't wait!

Inventory in stores is still a matter of seconds, especially for 3080. There's an army of legit buyers, scalpers and bots monitoring availability, so unless you're like queued up with the page pre-loaded, logged in, payment info all set to go with minimum clicks/1 click, it's going to be tough to get one outside of the queueing / pre-order opportunities (or standing in line at Microcenter) in the US. Other than EVGA pre-orders, in the US I don't think signing up for email notifications has any real chance of working in the short term. Discord and twitter push notifications with everything queued up is what's working for some people.

I wonder.. can american express members get one through their exclusive shop. They sometimes do stuff like that.

is there a new link to the stock tracker discord server? I left by mistake. The icon was like a grey head/avatar. thanks!

So I was at MC just now and the guy at the diy section told me they got 20 3080 and 4 3090 this morning. They have people lining up everyday to buy cards. He says they generally get stock Thursday, Friday and Monday. He also says they been getting more and more cards delivery.

Good luck to all of you seeking out these cards. Seems like an awful lot of work to get one.

Finally! I got my EVGA notice just a bit ago....I "think" I signed up for notifications on 10/3? I'm sorry...I forget...I know it wasn't when every one else did...I think it was a week after the official launch date. So it looks like things are moving along now! Good Luck Everyone!

Finally! I got my EVGA notice just a bit ago....I "think" I signed up for notifications on 10/3? I'm sorry...I forget...I know it wasn't when every one else did...I think it was a week after the official launch date. So it looks like things are moving along now! Good Luck Everyone!
Nice... I didn't register until Oct 6th after the big spike the day before :(. I doubt I'll see it anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back