Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One card in stock at a Microcenter about 35 minutes from me. Unfortunately, there's now way I'd be able to make it there before it's sold, so I'm not even going to try. Nice to see them getting cards back in stock though.

stock.png

Anybody that has gotten through on the EVGA queue system - any idea when you set it to auto notify? I just checked, and when I try to add it again it says "You have already entered for a notify on the following date/time: 9/21/2020 6:31:40 PM.". You would have to think I'd be close to being at the front of the line by now?

Anybody that has gotten through on the EVGA queue system - any idea when you set it to auto notify? I just checked, and when I try to add it again it says "You have already entered for a notify on the following date/time: 9/21/2020 6:31:40 PM.". You would have to think I'd be close to being at the front of the line by now?
You have several days of people ahead of you.

That notify system is jacked. I did it for the 3070 soon as it showed up and I haven’t seen anything show up yet. They sent god only knows how many cards to online retailers and to microcenter but we can't buy it from their site. Ampere is a joke. I bought a used 2080ti to use and I'll upgrade to whatever gpu's come after ampere. I officially call it quits trying to get one of these cards again

does anyone know if evga has always only had the top tier card available for step up, as in the 3000 series only the ftw ultra cards, or should we expect to see XC3s available for step up in the future?

does anyone know if evga has always only had the top tier card available for step up, as in the 3000 series only the ftw ultra cards, or should we expect to see XC3s available for step up in the future?
This one is an anomaly, normally the step up card is an xc line not a ftw3. They really want to move the cards with larger margins. First day is was both xc3 and ftw3, then the xc3 was removed. They said it may return but they don't know if or when.

You have several days of people ahead of you.
I appreciate the response! I actually lucked into getting a 3080(received it yesterday) from somebody on another forum selling it for close to list price, I was just surprised I never heard anything from EVGA. I'll keep an eye out for the email if it ever comes.

I appreciate the response! I actually lucked into getting a 3080(received it yesterday) from somebody on another forum selling it for close to list price, I was just surprised I never heard anything from EVGA. I'll keep an eye out for the email if it ever comes.
The rate they are going through the queue is on the order a few hours a week, so if you are several days out, it's likely to be a long time. Though I suspect once they get through 9/17 it should speed up, given that was when probably most people first hit the notify button. Then another spike when the queue was announced on 10/5.

The rate they are going through the queue is on the order a few hours a week, so if you are several days out, it's likely to be a long time. Though I suspect once they get through 9/17 it should speed up, given that was when probably most people first hit the notify button. Then another spike when the queue was announced on 10/5.
I appreciate the info! I felt pretty good about my chances since I had done auto-notify before they announced the queue system :ROFLMAO: It sounds like a lot of other people had also selected auto-notify well before the queue system, so I'll wait and see what happens.

This one is an anomaly, normally the step up card is an xc line not a ftw3. They really want to move the cards with larger margins. First day is was both xc3 and ftw3, then the xc3 was removed. They said it may return but they don't know if or when.
I remember seeing the 3090 xc3 as an EU option on day 1. Hoping rumors of a 3060ti around nov 17th prove true, because I sure as hell don't want to step up to a $610 3070. Happy to pay $450 for an EVGA 3060ti, and hoping they arent so dumb that they price a top tier 3060ti over a 3070fe.

someone wants to trade my Gigabyte Vision 3090 for their FE, should i do it?

do people make fun of anyone who gets anything other than ASUS STRIX, EVGA KINGPIN or NVIDIA FE?

I just got an email that my 3090 is ready for pickup at my best buy store I had it shipped to. Too bad I saw the email about 10 minutes too late to make it there before they close. :eek:

what happened on a prior christmas eve?
I'm just kidding, I just mean the night is going to feel longer than usual. If anyone here wants a specific benchmark run, I'll do whatever you want as long as it's free.

someone wants to trade my Gigabyte Vision 3090 for their FE, should i do it?

do people make fun of anyone who gets anything other than ASUS STRIX, EVGA KINGPIN or NVIDIA FE?
just one more thing, I don't think people 'make fun' but rather are hard on brands that appear to cheap out on their cards. I think it was mainly zotac and gigabyte that has the issues at launch revolving around the caps on the backside of the GPU die. I haven't heard anything since then, so I assume the driver fix actually did it's job, and that 'bad' cards didn't ship to anyone. And the vision is IMO one of the best AIB designs out there.

just one more thing, I don't think people 'make fun' but rather are hard on brands that appear to cheap out on their cards. I think it was mainly zotac and gigabyte that has the issues at launch revolving around the caps on the backside of the GPU die. I haven't heard anything since then, so I assume the driver fix actually did it's job, and that 'bad' cards didn't ship to anyone. And the vision is IMO one of the best AIB designs out there.
would most enthusiasts still value the FE over the Vision?

Gamer's Nexus said that the FE has about the worst Thermal and Noise profiles:

(note: Eagle is basically the same as the Vision):

would most enthusiasts still value the FE over the Vision?

Gamer's Nexus said that the FE has about the worst Thermal and Noise profiles:

(note: Eagle is basically the same as the Vision):

I can't speak for anyone else personally. The vision is 30MHz faster than the eagle OC. I went FE because it exhausts some heat out of the case whereas the AIB cards do not specifically do this, so if I go SFF it matters to me. It also (hopefully) matches the color of my case.

That Gigabyte wins the ugliest card contest hands down.
The vision? If you have a white case it probably looks pretty great.

The Eagle one that Steve reviewed. Agree that the Vision in a white case would likely be ok. I'm an EVGA guy myself although I'll admit I'm not a big fan of the red lip on the FTW cards.

The Eagle one that Steve reviewed. Agree that the Vision in a white case would likely be ok. I'm an EVGA guy myself although I'll admit I'm not a big fan of the red lip on the FTW cards.
ah yeah, the eagle is ugly for sure. But at least you only see one side of it. The EVGA thing was definitely a weird choice that, shape aside, didn't make sense for people who don't want a big red accent in their case. The FE and the vision are the only ones that don't look like toys....

ah yeah, the eagle is ugly for sure. But at least you only see one side of it. The EVGA thing was definitely a weird choice that, shape aside, didn't make sense for people who don't want a big red accent in their case. The FE and the vision are the only ones that don't look like toys....

Opinion? Though my case isn't white themed...

Reactions: MrC4
like this
To say it's moving slowly would be an intergalactic understatement. They just hit 9am 9/17 (still day one) on the highest demand/most produced card: The FTW3 Ultra. It's only "improved" to moving maybe 30 minutes a week from 10 minutes. And while everyone keeps saying "oh, look, it's getting faster as we get out of the big heavy sign up time in the first hour.." That's largely wishful thinking as the quantity of cards coming in is going up and that seems to be causing more movement than thinning of email sign-ups.

I'm at around 1:20pm 9/17 (over 4 hours away) and at this pace, even accounting for some acceleration as we go it could still be WEEKS.

Anyone who signed up after day one of notifications... don't bother. Stock will be available to buy at regular online retailers before EVGA gets enough cards at their own e-commerce site to get to you.

I'm just telling it like it is so no one gets the wrong idea about what is really going on. EVGA is doing a great thing, but they aren't being honest about how far they will ever get in this queue. It'll become meaningless LONG before they reach the end of notify day 1 or 2 at this rate.

Anyone who signed up after day one of notifications... don't bother. Stock will be available to buy at regular online retailers before EVGA gets enough cards at their own e-commerce site to get to you.

I agree with this. Been in the queue for a while now and I'm assuming I can buy one at a retailer before I'll get notified by EVGA.

I'm at around 1:20pm 9/17 (over 4 hours away) and at this pace, even accounting for some acceleration as we go it could still be WEEKS.

I'm just telling it like it is so no one gets the wrong idea about what is really going on. EVGA is doing a great thing, but they aren't being honest about how far they will ever get in this queue. It'll become meaningless LONG before they reach the end of notify day 1 or 2 at this rate.

Oof. Well, good to know at least. I figured since I signed up for notifications before the queue system was announced I was likely to be early on it, but that's not the case at all.

Right.

I'll gladly pay anyone here an extra $100 on card price + shipping if anyone has an extra 3090 TUF, a 3090 FTW, or STRIX they were looking to sell to a fellow [H] member. I don't want to appease scalpers but I would want to give someone at least some money for the extra trouble they went through.
If you can keep track of the in stock; pm me I live near the dallas location and can try to pickup on my way to work and ship but I stay pretty busy and dont usually monitor the website keep track of stock.

Of the people who have been able to buy 3080's and 3090's lately, how many non-Founder's Edition cards have been sold at the respective FE MSRP $699 and $1,499 price points? How many were about $50 over? about $100 over? or about $150+ over?

Of the people who have been able to buy 3080's and 3090's lately, how many non-Founder's Edition cards have been sold at the respective FE MSRP $699 and $1,499 price points? How many were about $50 over? about $100 over? or about $150+ over?

Most alerts I get are 0-50 on the 3080 and 3090 I grabbed an FE for msrp. I don’t pay much attention to the 3090s. Maybe around $1700?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back