Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do these new cards come with the COD bundle yet? Supposed to be the new game giveaway starting today.

At this point I think my Bestbuy birthday coupon is going to expire. Oh well. Not valid on their black friday deals, and they can't sell me a GPU. I totally woulda bought a 3090 for $1350+ tax and actually used it vs sell it. Buying the 6900XT from AMD for $999 + a new freesync monitor (1440/ips/etc) would have cost more than using my existing G-sync + 3090.

Looks like the 3070 is much easier to get. I managed to snag a 3070 Vision this morning, which is much more in like with the white and silver build that I'm going for, and the 3070 Gaming is now extra. I could sell it to someone here for near MSRP (plus what I paid for taxes and shipping, so I don't lose anything).

Assuming that they both ship, anyway.
I might be interested for my best friend's wife. She's on an old 1060 right now. I'll find out what res she's playing at though.

https://discord.gg/QEAd2kQ

Not that it does any good. I’ve not seen anything in stock by the time the discord alert chimes for weeks. Lots of false positives. Lots of instant clicks as I’m using my phone and still out of stock. The bots are still going strong. I suspect with the 3070 release and the upcoming AMD news it will soon start to become easier to get a 3080 card!
Thanks. I ordered a 3090 from best buy on wednesday but so far it hasn't shipped yet.....so I guess I should still keep my finger on the pulse of this whole debacle. I was running my own distill.io tracker specifically on the 3090FE page on best buy to get mine btw, by the time I got the email I thought I was too late but managed to snag it. Well, if it ships that is.

Thanks. I ordered a 3090 from best buy on wednesday but so far it hasn't shipped yet.....so I guess I should still keep my finger on the pulse of this whole debacle. I was running my own distill.io tracker specifically on the 3090FE page on best buy to get mine btw, by the time I got the email I thought I was too late but managed to snag it. Well, if it ships that is.

Mine never got tracking and just showed up from best buy. Also by far the worst packaging I've ever had, it was literally thrown in a bigger cardboard box with nothing else, you could hear it being tossed around.

Mine never got tracking and just showed up from best buy. Also by far the worst packaging I've ever had, it was literally thrown in a bigger cardboard box with nothing else, you could hear it being tossed around.
I selected ship to store, so not sure if it gets UPS'ed to a store or if it ships with their regular inventory. So your order went from preparing for shipment to just at your door?

update: Kansas City Microcenter has 4 x EVGA RTX FTW Ultra 3090 left out of 6 when I was there around 1030am this morning. Might be a few still in stock.

Would be awesome if people here helped each other out and grabbed cards from MC and shipped to fellow members here. I’d gladly throw an extra $50 for the trouble

Market probably about to collapse on 3090 with 6900xts coming soon. I wonder if Nvidia is going to lower the price. I doubt it cause of the outrage they will receive.

Still 5-6 weeks away. Besides, a bird in hand is worth two in the bush or something like that.

Nvidia won't lower the price. They'll just point to the fact that it has more VRAM than the 6900XT.

Market probably about to collapse on 3090 with 6900xts coming soon. I wonder if Nvidia is going to lower the price. I doubt it cause of the outrage they will receive.
Yup, people are becoming cautious now with the new AMD cards coming out shortly.

However, RT performance on the new AMD cards is about 25% - 30% slower than nVidia. So if RT is important to you, then you might want to factor that in before making your next purchase.

I've been playing Watchdogs Legion and the RTX in that game is amazing, especially with HDR running on my LG OLED C9 with RTX.

Reactions: Epos7
like this
Still 5-6 weeks away. Besides, a bird in hand is worth two in the bush or something like that.

Nvidia won't lower the price. They'll just point to the fact that it has more VRAM than the 6900XT.

That an better RT performance. nVidia will not offer any rebates / refunds to current 3090 owners. That would be extremely shocking if so.

I can see Nvidia lowering the price if the 6900XT shows to be truly toe to toe with the 3090. But they probably won’t lower it any lower than $1200-1300 since they, like you said, will cite the fact they have more VRAM.

I can see Nvidia lowering the price if the 6900XT shows to be truly toe to toe with the 3090. But they probably won’t lower it any lower than $1200-1300 since they, like you said, will cite the fact they have more VRAM.
What I am worried about along with a few of my other 3090 friends is that if they do lower prices, how will they address the fact that just very recently people were spending $1800 - $2000? on 3090s? That's going to royally upset a lot of people. Me personally, I won't care. Easy come, easy go. I can also see Intel lowering the price on the 10900K / 10850k models. Wow, what a great time to be a PC gamer.

I returned my 10900k/3080 prebuilt I bought (the second one) sort of on impulse unopened to BestBuy.

Kudos to them on an amazing return policy. No questions as to why. Gave my phone number, 20 seconds later boom done, money back in my paypal account.

I’ll just stick with the 2080ti in the main rig at this point.

The ampere in stock discord has been lighting up a lot. A lot at Newegg. Apparently best chance is using the Newegg App.

I selected ship to store, so not sure if it gets UPS'ed to a store or if it ships with their regular inventory. So your order went from preparing for shipment to just at your door?
Yeah it charged my PayPal, then it showed as processing or preparing to ship, then it arrived. I couldn't change the shipping either which was weird, because I could on my 3080 order. This has never happened with all my other best buy orders. Only with the 3090

Would be awesome if people here helped each other out and grabbed cards from MC and shipped to fellow members here. I’d gladly throw an extra $50 for the trouble
Yea I'm in Wichita just a couple of hours from that KC store but would have to take off from work and no way to know if I'd even get one. Really frustrating.

What I am worried about along with a few of my other 3090 friends is that if they do lower prices, how will they address the fact that just very recently people were spending $1800 - $2000? on 3090s? That's going to royally upset a lot of people. Me personally, I won't care. Easy come, easy go. I can also see Intel lowering the price on the 10900K / 10850k models. Wow, what a great time to be a PC gamer.

They won't. As the saying goes "You pays your money and you takes your chances." Companies almost never give refunds if they lower prices later. You pays what you pays and if the price is lower later, well you could have waited.

The only exception would be you might get a partial refund from a retailer, if you purchased within their refund window. Like Best Buy will refund you in most, if not all, cases if you buy something and it goes on sale in the next 30 days since they have 30 day refunds and you could just bring it back, fully refund, and then rebuy (which they don't want you doing). But manufacturers? No.

As for if nVidia will drop the price it'll be entirely based on two things:

1) Do sales have a huge drop? If AMD manages to seriously cut in to their sales then they'll look at dropping the price. However if they still can't produce them fast enough to keep up with demand then no, they aren't going to lower the price. No need to.

2) What do they cost to make? If the chip and RAM are truly so expensive that margins are very thin, then even if AMD starts to poach sales they may keep the price where it is because they aren't interested in selling at a loss. Unlike a console they don't have other stuff to make it up on later. However if they do have good margins on it, as is often the case with an ultra high end product, they'll be more willing to cut the price down to fight for sales.

I don’t expect 3090 prices to drop considering they are still instantly OOS and they offer features / VRAM / capabilities (DL) above AMD’s card.

Besides that most 3090 users were probably Titan/2080ti users. We know what we sign up for ;).

I don’t expect 3090 prices to drop considering they are still instantly OOS and they offer features / VRAM / capabilities (DL) above AMD’s card.
nvidia would sooner release an rtx 3089 with 1 fewer cuda core at a lower price point than admit they overpriced an item. And I don't really think the 3090is overpriced at msrp.

nvidia would sooner release an rtx 3089 with 1 fewer cuda core at a lower price point than admit they overpriced an item. And I don't really think the 3090is overpriced at msrp.
To each their own but for strictly gaming the 3090 is massively overpriced in my opinion for 10% more performance on average. Overpriced by $200-$300. Especially if the 6900XT pans out.

If you use it for productivity work that utilizes it to the full potential then that’s a different story.

But 3090 buyers already know what they’re getting for the price they’re paying...at least I hope.

And does RT better...so it seems.

To each their own but for strictly gaming the 3090 is massively overpriced in my opinion for 10% more performance on average. Overpriced by $200-$300. Especially if the 6900XT pans out.

If you use it for productivity work that utilizes it to the full potential then that’s a different story.

But 3090 buyers already know what they’re getting for the price they’re paying...at least I hope.
We had 4 of the 3090s come in tuesday where I work. Only 1 was spoken for so I said fuck it, i've never had a flagship card before and who knows how availability is going to shake out in the coming months.

I think some people are still in the "if I can get this card now I will" mindset because who knows how much stock AMD will actually have? It sounds like availability on the 6900 XT specifically will be low.

I agree with you that the 3090 is a terrible value, but that's where some people are at right now. Pay an extra few hundred dollars to have the card a month or two sooner.

I wouldn't count your chickens until they ship the card. At this point, you're just as likely to get an e-mail canceling your order.
Got tracking!

Attachments

• 3070 1.jpg
    3070 1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 0
We had 4 of the 3090s come in tuesday where I work. Only 1 was spoken for so I said fuck it, i've never had a flagship card before and who knows how availability is going to shake out in the coming months.

Sweet, can I get one of those with my next coffee order? Maybe some kind of combo deal? :LOL: Really liked the Ethiopia Hamasho btw!

It's only a terrible value if you buy it for gaming, but I guess that's how most companies are advertising it.
even without the titan drivers, it is very useful for 'work'. There are plenty of professional workloads that can utilize more than 10GB of vram that the 3080 has. The 3090 is still a fraction of an rtx titan cost.

Tempted to drive like 4 hours to my nearest microcenter, as it shows they still have 3070s in stock. Can grab a PSU while I'm at it.

I probably should talk myself out of this, though

Tempted to drive like 4 hours to my nearest microcenter, as it shows they still have 3070s in stock. Can grab a PSU while I'm at it.

I probably should talk myself out of this, though
Do it!

(Actually don't)

Right.

I'll gladly pay anyone here an extra $100 on card price + shipping if anyone has an extra 3090 TUF, a 3090 FTW, or STRIX they were looking to sell to a fellow [H] member. I don't want to appease scalpers but I would want to give someone at least some money for the extra trouble they went through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back