Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Newegg Canada has the Asus basic model in stock. I can add to cart and it has a price in cart, but I don't need one.

Screenshot_20201029-073344.png

Yea I was ready 6am to see the drop had best buy and newegg ready to go... newegg is a laugh never even showed in stock for me best buy I managed to get all the way to payment information and it just kept telling me it couldn't ship. Screw best buy. Screw nvidia. Bring on AMD

Kansas City store still has cards for those of you near, FE's, EVGA and Gigabytes.

Lot of guys are getting the EVGA's for the stepup program

It's a 4 hour drive, I thought of driving up in the morning tomorrow, in hopes of a 3080, or a 3070. Doubt they will have any.

My Microcenter has a Asus Strix 3070 in stock. $629. LOL
I thought they cost $499.

Gosh Ampere is a huge fail.

My Microcenter has a Asus Strix 3070 in stock. $629. LOL
I thought they cost $499.

Gosh Ampere is a huge fail.
yeah, over $100 more than FE is just bullshit on a $500 card. I'm pissed that the EVGA step up program is the same way, in that if I want to step my 2060 up to a 3070, I have to get the $610 FTW Ultra. Nonsense, I'll just sell the 2060 and buy a cheaper 3070 if I want, or wait and see if a 3060 comes out.

What the hell has happened that you can easily get a launch day console, but launch day GPU is insanely difficult!

let's hope no one in their right mind will pay a $300-500 markup on a $500 card.
They will. Whiney entitled people always pay.

What the hell has happened that you can easily get a launch day console, but launch day GPU is insanely difficult!

Except its not launch day for all the cards and hasn't been for a over a month now....and they are still hard to get. Freaken tickle me Elmo cards...

Kansas City MC has a few XC3, and like 65 more FEs prob as if right now for people in KC. Lot of people here. I saw several people buy more than one card

You look at Ebay and you see all those microcenter cards being scalped. People suck
Yep, read through this thread. Those who are close to MC stores going every day, getting multiple 3080s for the past few weeks. I am sure they just have "multiple PCs" ....

I’m at Best Buy now and only 8 people here. See if they got stock or not since it won’t let me ship it to my house

Yep, read through this thread. Those who are close to MC stores going every day, getting multiple 3080s for the past few weeks. I am sure they just have "multiple PCs" ....
Greed is a terrible thing... I have 2 3080's one for my wife and one for myself. I have two more pc's for my nephews that are getting 6800's,I could have gotten more 3080's to sell but that's just not the spirit in how I do this hobby and my nephews know that this is about having fun when they make it about hurting someone else I won't include them. Taking advantage of mentally weak people isn't something I approve of.

Best Buy didn’t get a single card in. The guy working that I talked to was a complete dick about the situation. I said it was in stock online but it won’t ship to my house when I go to check out. He said well what do you want me to do about it all snarky.
I walked away before I said something stupid

Best Buy didn’t get a single card in. The guy working that I talked to was a complete dick about the situation. I said it was in stock online but it won’t ship to my house when I go to check out. He said well what do you want me to do about it all snarky.
I walked away before I said something stupid
you are a better man than me. I hate people like that.

I feel bad for people who sold off their 20 series cards for cheap thinking that they would walk into a 3000 series card. I go lucky in the fact that I sold my 2080ti months ago, and picked up a 5700xt as a hold over.

you are a better man than me. I hate people like that.

I would've told him I expected him to take a card and do something anatomically incorrect with it. He probably wouldn't have understood.

I just realized, I have auto notify at all these places that came in stock....and not a single fucking email came to me.

I did it for evga and haven’t got a single email yet. The New queue system works great

The more you buy, the more you save. Folks... it's that simple. The more you buy the more you save. It just works.

I'm afraid we will see the same next week with Ryzen 5000 and later this month with RX6000 :(
I just want to finish my build. I mean I still rock my 1080ti and it still runs pretty good, but since I'm living alone and work from home since March, I just wanted to get my hands on some new hardware and rebuild my PC.

They didn't even bother selling any FE in Europe AFAIK, lol.

I could have bought a 3070 priced as high as a 3080 FE, of course (well, I could have tried). But even those disappeared quickly.

I miss my old microcenter so bad right now. I love south Florida but mid mayfield heights Ohio for stuff like this

I miss my old microcenter so bad right now. I love south Florida but mid mayfield heights Ohio for stuff like this
South Florida was good when CompUSA and TigerDirect had retail stores. Where I live now I would've had TD within a 1 minute drive. A high school friend is the store Manager at Best Buy down the street but nothing in store since Ampere launch.

The more you buy, the more you save. Folks... it's that simple. The more you buy the more you save. It just works.

I'm afraid we will see the same next week with Ryzen 5000 and later this month with RX6000 :(
I just want to finish my build. I mean I still rock my 1080ti and it still runs pretty good, but since I'm living alone and work from home since March, I just wanted to get my hands on some new hardware and rebuild my PC.
It does suck, but remember that this too shall pass and will pass sooner rather than later. nVidia and AMD will keep cranking out products, they'll be available eventually. Don't worry about the scalpers, they don't have infinite money and it won't be long before they just can't keep buying and flipping cards because there are too many out there and not enough people willing to buy at over MSRP.

A month or two can seem like a long time but it really isn't, and that is all it'll take for this to shake out in all likelihood.

Wanted to update this tread. Overland Park Microcenter has about 30 - 35 people in line as of 630am. Manager came out and told the crowd they have 100+ RTX 3070's in-stock and for sale.
Microcenter... the one place where it is possible to beat the bots because the bots are not welcomed, as these are in store only, just Microcenters are almost as few and far between as the total available 30 series cards that have been out there.

Meanwhile a place like Best Buy becomes one of the exclusive FE sellers of cards... and they go the exactly opposite direction with "Online only"

Seriously fuck all these stores and Nvidia, it feels like a South Park sketch. "Cards are out now... and they're gone"

Last edited:
Looks like Newegg Canada has the Asus basic model in stock. I can add to cart and it has a price in cart, but I don't need one.

View attachment 293806
LoL... pay for a 3080... get a 3070 ... what a deal! :D

My gtx 970 is working just fine, and if I really wanted an upgrade, I'm sure finding a 1080ti or 2070 super for way cheaper may be possible in the future. I just don't give a shit anymore.

Reactions: kju1
like this
LoL... pay for a 3080... get a 3070 ... what a deal! :D

My gtx 970 is working just fine, and if I really wanted an upgrade, I'm sure finding a 1080ti or 2070 super for way cheaper may be possible in the future. I just don't give a shit anymore.
$699 canadian is $525 USD.

Sooo....flood of 3000 series cards when?

I should get charged / shipping on my Xtreme sometime this week or next. No huge hurry with CP2077 being delayed again, though. I just hope Zen 3 isn't as much of a shitshow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back