Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still a joke. Probably 10 cards each SKU. I got FE and EVGA cards into my cart, but could never checkout.

bb.JPG

Saw the in stock button but couldn't get it into my cart. I got a message saying I needed to take one more step to add it to my cart. Wasn't clear what that step was though.

Got up to payment information and got swindled! Was on it quick too... Never getting one lol

Saw the in stock button but couldn't get it into my cart. I got a message saying I needed to take one more step to add it to my cart. Wasn't clear what that step was though.

I got that message as well...I also saw a message saying that Best Buy was trying something new and would be adding new stock every few minutes...

I got that message as well...I also saw a message saying that Best Buy was trying something new and would be adding new stock every few minutes...
that message occurred 2 weeks ago as well on the desktop browser platform, but not on the mobile app until this week. I lucked out, got it the second time it said add to cart about 5 minutes after the first time. Even took a minute in checkout to make sure everything was correct.

They sure do. NV must have sent them a nice bunch this time.
I figured nvidia would be sending a large order with their 3070FE cards to best buy, and since the 3080/3090 didn't show up available up until now, I knew it was a matter of time (since the 3070 will obviously be in stock by morning).

PS: BB now lists a few different options for 3070, not just the founder's edition.

Yeah saw that one too. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to keep reloading the page, or if they were gonna use some JS to update it for me if I just stayed there.

In the $700 performance bracket either the 6800XT or the 3080 are solid choices. At the $1000+ performance bracket there is little reason to choose a 3090 over a 6900XT.

I'm going to wait for reviews and benchmarks, but might upgrade my 3080 to a 6900XT.
Physixs, Hairworks, Faceworks, DLSS 2.0, RTX, CUDA, RTX Voice, moonlight, Ansel, GeForce Experience, NVtool etc,

Physixs, Hairworks, Faceworks, DLSS 2.0, RTX, CUDA, RTX Voice, moonlight, Ansel, GeForce Experience, NVtool etc,
Yeah, moonlight seems to be the only service that works well for my chromebook, and it works very well. Haven't messed with RTX voice or Nvidia studio but I plan on it. DLSS is a given. Might sound like I'm fanboying out, but AMD just lacks these features, most of which I wouldn't care about if all I did was gaming, but still, If all I did was gaming, I'd be getting a $500 card.

when are new shipments of 3080 TUF cards coming to retailers?...that's what I really want...MSI Gaming Trio and Founders are my backup options...

First person(s) got their Aorus Xtreme 3080s today from the Discord/FB list. I am still waiting for charges / shipping, but one person in CA (where the cards are located) got charged on Monday and has the card in-hand now. Seems slow-going since it's a manual process, presumably we should all get the cards by next week.

I tried Apple Pay on my iphone 3 times when the EVGA cards showed up in stock on Newegg today but it never went through. Billed as the "fastest" way to buy one, but it didn't work at all.

anyone know if the gigabyte 3080 gaming oc is a reference design? I am trying to find a water block that works with it.

got an NIS alert on MSI 3090 about an hour ago, clicked within 5 seconds of email popping, NewEgg crashed, by the time site was back up, OOS. Still a joke.

Yea same, tried Newegg and BB today. No luck. Best I did was see something in my cart and the OOS.

Funny how the first drop in 2 weeks is the day AMD does their announcement. Even then inventory was shit.
likely because retailers are getting a mass shipment including 3070s which release tomorrow. But yeah, Nvidia picked tomorrow's date as the day to push the release until well after AMD announced the launch.

If there is a time for Nvidia to try and flood the channels it would be over the next 3 weeks. The last 2-3 weeks have been very dry on stock drops (much more-so than near launch) so I wouldn't be surprised if we'll see notably more drops these next few weeks.

Well I'm sure they're scrambling to try to make more but no way to know if they are succeeding.

If there is a time for Nvidia to try and flood the channels it would be over the next 3 weeks. The last 2-3 weeks have been very dry on stock drops (much more-so than near launch) so I wouldn't be surprised if we'll see notably more drops these next few weeks.
You're assuming the sku's will be the same into the future.
Their will be a refresh of cards coming very soon. Again, buyer beware.

You can buy a few RTX cards under $400 "now" and get all of those features if needed. No need to pray for a card.
No one is F5'in for those features, it's the raw gaming performance.

You're assuming the sku's will be the same into the future.
Their will be a refresh of cards coming very soon. Again, buyer beware.
I think the point he is making is that if people can't get their hands on a 3000 series GPU by nov 18th, they will stop being so loyal.

Not sure if this helps any but if you have anyone in your family that is in the military/veteran, they can go on shopmyexchange.com and use the Office Depot Specialty Store and order the RTX 3080 or 3090 thru the AAFES business account. It will be backordered but I was told my ship date would be Oct 30th for the Strix 3080 OC. Obviously time will tell if I actually get the card.... But since its a business account, I figure chances are better of securing a card...

View attachment 291065
Thanks for the share man, i've went through the exchange and placed an order for the strix as well, but exchange's vendor system is currently down so office depot dont have my order yet. Do you have any luck?

Last edited:
I think the point he is making is that if people can't get their hands on a 3000 series GPU by nov 18th, they will stop being so loyal.
The point I'm making is there's no cards to flood the channel with. They are changing their product stack.
Nvidia loves money more than any PC company. For them to not have stock means they are working on a counter to AMD.

Nvidia will win by any means necessary, but the current cards will not get them the win.
Stock will continue to trickle until leather jacket introduces new cards. He said shortages will go into 2021.
Remember the 480 was on the market for six months and then the 580 replaced it. History is about to repeat itself.

The point I'm making is there's no cards to flood the channel with. They are changing their product stack.
Nvidia loves money more than any PC company. For them to not have stock means they are working on a counter to AMD.

Nvidia will win by any means necessary, but the current cards will not get them the win.
Stock will continue to trickle until leather jacket introduces new cards. He said shortages will go into 2021.
Remember the 480 was on the market for six months and then the 580 replaced it. History is about to repeat itself.
Wow, I had forgotten about that 480/580.... I went back to reviews to refresh my memory. Looks like it was a 9 month gap, but still, point is very well made. In this case they could probably shrink that gap to 6 months.

I don't know if they will or not. Will be interesting to watch unfold. The market is frothy for gpus. People will buy what's available. I don't know how well it serves them recalibrating vs cranking cards out.

Consumer is certainly benefiting though once supply comes up.

Edit- makes sense to recalibrating when switching foundry too.

Every time I get one in my cart the site takes a shit. They really need a better way of doing this. If its a B&M like best buy they should have stock allocated for in person purchases to cut this scalping shit out. I'd rather go nvidia but if I can get a amd before an nvidia one I'll go that route even tho I don't want to

Wanted to update this tread. Overland Park Microcenter has about 30 - 35 people in line as of 630am. Manager came out and told the crowd they have 100+ RTX 3070's in-stock and for sale.

Also, all of the Microcenters are reporting huge stock numbers, one store has 175, two of the NYC stores have 100+, Other stores have huge numbers as well. This is all confirmed on the discord channels for the stores and the people waiting in those lines. If anyone here lives near a Microcenter. There is a good chance you can get one.

update: about 40ish people on 2nd count. I can't speak for the lines near your Microcenter.

Good luck.

Tks for the update. Its nice to see micro center getting some stock. Though it be way nicer if the nearest one wasn't
6 hours away!

Not sure what Microcenter this is from. But this is what they are about to start selling when doors open here soon. All Microcenters have close to the same stock they are saying. All of you have an excellent chance of getting one if this is something you want / need.

Attachments

• image0.png
    image0.png
    939.7 KB · Views: 0
I just got here to Microcenter in Overland Park. They still have 3070 cards. They have EVGA, Gigabyte, and FE cards. They said they had over 160 cards. I picked up a EVGA so I can step up to 3080 if I want. Finally a path to a 3080...
They only have 3070 cards today, or at least when I asked.
I do not know how many people have already gotten their vouchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back