Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I missed it before, but I signed up for Evga’s notification which claims to give you a spot and an 8 hour window to buy...

Perhaps I’ll be able to get a 3090 xc3 at some point. I can’t fit much else in my DA2.

How did you know they were in stock? Is there a way to tell before going to the store?
They were listed on the site in stock. It was sus that they were still there after I got off work. There was a guy at the door and said they had a few of each but they were closed for a deep cleaning and didn't know if they will open up again today. So I left.

It's like you are all back in high school talking about how close your dick got to her puss. In the end, most of you are failures.
I'm not sure the analogy works well. Getting these cards requires so much work, I'd debate whether it's worth it.

It's like you're telling me you did her homework and wrote her semester end paper for a handjob... Uh... Good job?

My EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra from the EVGA store comes in on Tuesday. Going to hold off on opening it until I see some 6800XT benchmarks. Hoping AMD’s review embargo on the card is short as I want to buy a waterblock as soon as possible if I keep the 3080. There is supposed to be a Heatkiller block coming out for it very soon!

this week is 3070 Launch Week...doesn't look like Nvidia will have any supply of 3080+ cards until January

I'm thinking about picking up a 3070...will still be a major upgrade over my current 1070 but I want more VRAM

If there's a ton more 3070 inventory than 3080/3090 inventory guess that will confirm yields aren't amazing.

What's the likelihood that AMDs product launch goes better than this? I seriously can't remember the last time a product was so hard to obtain. Maybe the original Wii, or the PS2? As far a PC parts, I can't remember such issues.

What's the likelihood that AMDs product launch goes better than this? I seriously can't remember the last time a product was so hard to obtain. Maybe the original Wii, or the PS2? As far a PC parts, I can't remember such issues.

Can't be any worse...

Considering AMD’s demand is a small fraction of nVidia’s there’s a good chance it’ll go somewhat better.

I also think nVidia is having some sort of unforesee mfg issues. No drops on Bestbuy for a week and a half...

if the 3070's are more readily available will people interested in a 3080 actually buy it or will they continue to wait?...pretty decent difference in specs/performance going from a 3080 to 3070

if the 3070's are more readily available will people interested in a 3080 actually buy it or will they continue to wait?...pretty decent difference in specs/performance going from a 3080 to 3070
if it is consistently as fast as a 2080ti, a ton of people will buy it. That is plenty of horsepower for most people.

At only 70% of the performance of a 3080, I'd only buy one - as a temporary card - if its PCB layout was waterblock compatible with a 3080.

Considering AMD’s demand is a small fraction of nVidia’s there’s a good chance it’ll go somewhat better.

I also think nVidia is having some sort of unforesee mfg issues. No drops on Bestbuy for a week and a half...
I agree with this. At the moment, I don’t believe the AMD Radeon brand carries the same mind share as the Nvidia Geforce brand. Even if AMD came out with equal to or better cards I think the demand for Ampere cards will still be greater.

Which is good news for those of us who are potentially interested in acquiring an AMD card.

I agree with this. At the moment, I don’t believe the AMD Radeon brand carries the same mind share as the Nvidia Geforce brand. Even if AMD came out with equal to or better cards I think the demand for Ampere cards will still be greater.

Which is good news for those of us who are potentially interested in acquiring an AMD card.
they need to stick AMD badges on the PS5 and xbox so gamers know the name :D

Even if AMD came out with equal to or better cards I think the demand for Ampere cards will still be greater...
sure in an ideal situation that's true but with the shortages of Ampere cards worldwide that might not matter anymore...people just want to get their hands on a new GPU and would be more willing to go with AMD this time if they can actually purchase one in time for Cyberpunk 2077

sure in an ideal situation that's true but with the shortages of Ampere cards worldwide that might not matter anymore...people just want to get their hands on a new GPU and would be more willing to go with AMD this time if they can actually purchase one in time for Cyberpunk 2077
There definitely will be people who buy AMD over Nvidia just because it’s in stock. But when both inevitably go out of stock shortly after launch, people will still be scrambling to buy Nvidia’s cards more than AMD’s.

Many people still see AMD as the “budget brand” for their GPUs since essentially Polaris 4 years ago. If someone is dropping several hundreds of dollars on a GPU they want what is familiar and known to them. Not to mention there is still the stigma that AMD’s drivers aren’t as polished as Nvidia’s. Whether that stigma is still warranted or not varies from person to person and their personal experiences.

3 days before rtx 3070 launch and you have to scour the internet fo find AIB design pics. Where the hell are the cards? Best buy only shows the founders edition. They had like 7-10 variants of 3080s before the launch.

3 days before rtx 3070 launch and you have to scour the internet fo find AIB design pics. Where the hell are the cards? Best buy only shows the founders edition. They had like 7-10 variants of 3080s before the launch.

Ive noticed the same thing. I’ve also been looking for 6800xt cards and nothing there either. I give amd credit, they’ve been tight lipped on this launch when it comes to leaks.

Personally no, I'd rather get a 3080 or if I have to, a 3090.

for people gaming at 1440p (or below) I think the 3070 will still be a very good card...
I don't disagree, but I have a very highly overclocked Titan X Pascal, it benchmarks around 2070S/2080 level so I don't feel the 3070 is enough of an upgrade for me. I play at 1440p 144Hz.

for people gaming at 1440p (or below) I think the 3070 will still be a very good card...
I agree with you. I ran a rtx 3080 at 1440p and it was pretty bad overkill wise, sure some games I had to mess with settings to get 144fps all the time but for the most part it muscled thru the games I play.

Im looking at the rx6800xt and Rtx 3070 and ill buy both at launch if I can and sell one of them. I ran a 2080 super for a while and it was a good card, if the 3070 is a good bit stronger than that I’d be ok with using it for my 1440p card.

I agree with you. I ran a rtx 3080 at 1440p and it was pretty bad overkill wise, sure some games I had to mess with settings to get 144fps all the time but for the most part it muscled thru the games I play.

Im looking at the rx6800xt and Rtx 3070 and ill buy both at launch if I can and sell one of them. I ran a 2080 super for a while and it was a good card, if the 3070 is a good bit stronger than that I’d be ok with using it for my 1440p card.

what did you do with your 3080?

You can always use DSR and the 3080 is perfect for anything with ray racing at 1440p.

After fees and shipping you’d be slightly above break even for a slower card...

Kansas City got 2 x 3090 Strix in this morning. Manager came out and handed out the two vouchers around 845am. We got there at midnight so it was a long wait.

Kansas City got 2 x 3090 Strix in this morning. Manager came out and handed out the two vouchers around 845am. We got there at midnight so it was a long wait.
Jesus christ dude...why bother? Unless you are scalping them...

based on posts in this thread he is up to like 4 cards. Just buying everything microcenter has it seems.
nVidia RTX 3070 availability update for the Kansas City Microcenter for the 29th of Oct.

If anyone lives within a 2, 3 or 4 hours drive from Kansas City, that can make the drive and want's a RTX 3070 card, I can guarantee you will get one if you are in front of Microcenter around midnight the 28th / 29th and NO LATER. They will handout vouchers around 830 to 900am. To me, 2, 3 or 4 hours seems like an acceptable investment of time. Maybe you're the type of person that doesn't like to drive or wait inline, so there's that.

I have a lot of experience at this store. You cannot be any later than Midnight on the 29th. A vast majority of the kids show up around 4 and 5am. I very rarely see people before 330am. Since this is an official launch date. I expect people there before 3am but NOT midnight.

Kansas City Microcenter is getting in a fair amount of RTX 3070 cards the 29th. These are a hair faster than the 2080 ti and start at $499 I believe. I was told this by the Manager this morning. He made it clear they were getting in more cards than normal. I'm going to guess at least 20 cards minimum but I have no clue.

Good luck. I'll see you guys the 29th.

If anyone lives within a 2, 3 or 4 hours drive from Kansas City, that can make the drive and want's a RTX 3070 card, I can guarantee you will get one if you are in front of Microcenter around midnight the 28th / 29th and NO LATER. They will handout vouchers around 830 to 900am. To me, 2, 3 or 4 hours seems like an acceptable investment of time. Maybe you're the type of person that doesn't like to drive or wait inline, so there's that.
2-4 hour drive plus 8 and a half hours standing around outside though right?

Not worth it to me personally, but hey, you do you.

2-4 hour drive plus 8 and a half hours standing around outside though right?

Not worth it to me personally, but hey, you do you.
No, we are waiting from our cars lined up next to do the sidewalk. There is no fire lane and management gave up permission to not only park but leave to BIO and or get food. Everyone has been chill about it.

If you or anyone else changes their mind, again, be there at midnight. 2080 ti performance for $499 + tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back