Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it’s been over a week since the main distributor (FE anyways) BestBuy released any cards.

:/

are retailers getting new shipments weekly?...5 weeks later and stock still seems non-existent

are retailers getting new shipments weekly?...5 weeks later and stock still seems non-existent

The only thing I saw in the last week is on Zotac’s website (which halts from the traffic) and prebuilts on BestBuy.

Looking like the scalpers on Facebook are starting to lower their prices. Seeing them drop them 200+. Bet they thought they would sell fast and have money tied up they need back. Think it will be 6 weeks or so before they start to get in stock where it doesn’t take a crap load of luck to get one.

Sure, here are the weekly shipments though:

Water_drop_animation.gif

Needs to be more like

1603487790869.png

The only thing I saw in the last week is on Zotac’s website (which halts from the traffic) and prebuilts on BestBuy.
That Zotac Store site is complete trash! They're probably using a 10 year old web server.

That’s something I noticed as well. The first 2-3 weeks had more stock drops than the last 2 weeks. It’s almost like production was halted at some point.

That’s something I noticed as well. The first 2-3 weeks had more stock drops than the last 2 weeks. It’s almost like production was halted at some point.

maybe they stopped the smaller shipments and are gearing up for one major restock...

maybe they stopped the smaller shipments and are gearing up for one major restock...

They may have decided doing them by air was just not worth it. Quick restocks only happen with air shipping, which is expensive. Stuff gets moved by boat normally but that takes 4-6 weeks even during non-COVID times. So often you have a bunch of stuff on a boat heading over, and then use aerial shipments to make up for it in the mean time. Maybe they decided that the demand is just too insane, aerial shipments can't make enough of a dent, so just redirect all production to the boat shipments and people can wait.

There are rumors of poor yields with the Samsung 8nm wafers. That might be the cause... who knows.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...roved-rtx-3000-with-7nm-gpu-from-tsmc.273172/
Yeah I saw that. Would explain the stock issue as the initial “larger” batch has probably dried up and now they are shipping them out as they’re made. Which means even less stock per week.

I honestly can see Nvidia accelerating Hopper’s release in 2021 to as soon as summer so that they can move onto TSMC 5nm. They need to get GPUs out or else their revenue from Ampere is going to be trash.

Yeah I saw that. Would explain the stock issue as the initial “larger” batch has probably dried up and now they are shipping them out as they’re made. Which means even less stock per week.

I honestly can see Nvidia accelerating Hopper’s release in 2021 to as soon as summer so that they can move onto TSMC 5nm. They need to get GPUs out or else their revenue from Ampere is going to be trash.
I've invested in GSYNC on several of my monitors but at this point I'll jump ship to AMD if they have a competitive part. This stock situation has me completed disgusted with Nvidia at the moment.

I've invested in GSYNC on several of my monitors but at this point I'll jump ship to AMD if they have a competitive part. This stock situation has me completed disgusted with Nvidia at the moment.
Typically I go to where the performance is or where the best bang for buck is. Which is why I switched from Intel to AMD for the CPU in anticipation of Zen 3. If AMD's Big Navi trounces on the 3080/3090 and at a fair price I'd cautiously but strongly consider making the switch. If they're similar in performance I'll just stick with my 3080.

My last experience with an AMD card was the R9 390. Fantastic hardware that was driven by less polished drivers than what I was used to with Nvidia. My coworker has the 5700XT and experienced black screen issues for 3 months in some of the games he played and vowed to not buy AMD on his next GPU. Its shit that I hear like that that makes me anxious about going back to AMD for a GPU again.

Typically I go to where the performance is or where the best bang for buck is. Which is why I switched from Intel to AMD for the CPU in anticipation of Zen 3. If AMD's Big Navi trounces on the 3080/3090 and at a fair price I'd cautiously but strongly consider making the switch. If they're similar in performance I'll just stick with my 3080.

My last experience with an AMD card was the R9 390. Fantastic hardware that was driven by less polished drivers than what I was used to with Nvidia. My coworker has the 5700XT and experienced black screen issues for 3 months in some of the games he played and vowed to not buy AMD on his next GPU. Its shit that I hear like that that makes me anxious about going back to AMD for a GPU again.

I for sure have had more issues with AMD drivers than nVidia drivers BUT that said it has almost always been with OpenGL stuff. Since there is basically no GL used in games these days and AMD seems to have good Vulkan support, I would consider them again, though I'm still wary.

if I didn't have a G-Sync monitor I wouldn't have any issue going with Big Navi...but my G-Sync 144hz 1440p monitor is only 2 years old so I'm not going to dump it...

I think I just scored my second 3080 off Newegg Canada. I currently have an EVGA 3080 XC3 but I wanted an Aorus or similar due to the larger cooler. Order is in packaging so hopefully it goes through.

It seems there was a pretty big dump on Newegg just now, but of course you couldn't even add to cart by hitting the button. Kept getting an error, and they were all sold out within seconds.

It seems there was a pretty big dump on Newegg just now, but of course you couldn't even add to cart by hitting the button. Kept getting an error, and they were all sold out within seconds.

yup I saw it as well...I don't know if it was a big drop but the MSI Ventus 3080 was available and as soon as I added it to my Cart it disappeared

I think I just scored my second 3080 off Newegg Canada. I currently have an EVGA 3080 XC3 but I wanted an Aorus or similar due to the larger cooler. Order is in packaging so hopefully it goes through.
Just slap a waterblock on it, that’s what I’m going to do. No air cooler will beat good ol’ H2O. ;)

Was that from the Discord/Facebook event last Friday?
I signed up for that but got nothing...
Yeah, if you didn't get an email you probably didn't get chosen. Though, they may send out more emails if people that did get chosen have rejected payments, or chose not to get the card, etc. So there could be a second wave for people on the waitlist, hard to say.

I haven't seen any reviews on the Gigabyte Aorus Extreme...theoretically it should be a good card but my top 2 3080 choices are still the Asus TUF OC/non-OC and the MSI Gaming X Trio...since all 3080 cards basically perform the same it's all about temps and noise

Yeah, if you didn't get an email you probably didn't get chosen. Though, they may send out more emails if people that did get chosen have rejected payments, or chose not to get the card, etc. So there could be a second wave for people on the waitlist, hard to say.
How did we not get chosen. Wasn’t that cutoff soon after announcement. I never got a darn email. Even though I signed up almost immediately.

if I didn't have a G-Sync monitor I wouldn't have any issue going with Big Navi...but my G-Sync 144hz 1440p monitor is only 2 years old so I'm not going to dump it...

Yeah... I had the same issue. So I gave the wifey my GSync only monitor and got an Ultrawide LG with support for both G and Freesync. Works really well...except when you go below 48FPS.

But with a new 3080 or 6900XT that won’t be an issue.

I haven't seen any reviews on the Gigabyte Aorus Extreme...theoretically it should be a good card but my top 2 3080 choices are still the Asus TUF OC/non-OC and the MSI Gaming X Trio...since all 3080 cards basically perform the same it's all about temps and noise

Apparently it's very cool and quiet. This video just went up:

Meh. I bought the AOC 144Hz 3440x1440 in the Summer and it's been great. It has adaptive sync (only advertised as AMD Freesync).
Works well with Nvidia GPUs. Best of both worlds. Don't get locked into one ecosystem. Here's the deal I posted:

https://hardforum.com/threads/aoc-34-cu34g2x-144hz-uw-438-amazon.1998649/

My MC had 3080 and 3090 in stock yesterday but when I went they were closed for a deep cleaning... Seem they had a covid situation there and closed most the day. There was a Karen that was all pissed off she has been sitting there for 6 hours waiting for them to reopen...

Last edited:
My MC had 3080 and 3090 in stock yesterday but when I went they were closed for a deep cleaning... Seem they had a covid situat5 there and closed most the day. There was a Karen that was all pissed off she has been sitting there for 6 hours waiting for them to reopen...
for what, printer paper? Who the fuck sits outside anywhere for 6 hours, black friday excluded?

for what, printer paper? Who the fuck sits outside anywhere for 6 hours, black friday excluded?
She was so angry. She drove 20 miles to pick something up they forgot to put in the computer she brought or something she said. She was definitely a Karen. She wanted to chew out the manager I bet more then anything lol.

My MC had 3080 and 3090 in stock yesterday but when I went they were closed for a deep cleaning... Seem they had a covid situation there and closed most the day. There was a Karen that was all pissed off she has been sitting there for 6 hours waiting for them to reopen...
How did you know they were in stock? Is there a way to tell before going to the store?

If you are being responsible then people should not be doing that right now, at least in my opinion.
even if you aren't comfortable with in-person meetings with masks and distancing, you can spend time with friends and family on zoom, on the phone, in games....

three of my best friends i spend time with every Friday night and haven't seen in person in about four years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back