Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
While doing 3 sec refresh intervalls on NewEgg Canada, the Asus TUF shown up in stock... but was never able to add to my cart... I mean the card was for sale for no more than 3 DAMN SECONDS t and was unable to buy it... this is crazy and concludes my quest for a 3080 until things settle down.

Beware there are a lot of false positives for supposedly "in stock" items. They usually aren't real drops so don't sorry too much about it.

Sorry [H], I supported the scalpers this time around...

62451935685__E330B97F-A7D1-4116-81FD-96057BB1ADB7.jpg

Local guy on FaceBook was selling it for $2300 and I talked him down to $1900. After taxes that would have been almost an extra $300, which I don't think is as bad as some of the prices I've seen. Still got all the freebies. I've payed over $300 retail before for cards during the mining craze (and that was from the sites that sell the cards), so I just consider it part of the early adopter tax (I previously had 2x 2080 Tis, so selling these at around $800 I'll have a cheap upgrade).

Yep, definitely looks like a 3080 sized card when I compare that pic to the ones I took of my 3090 in the box. Even looks like the card is slightly angled outward. Not the greatest quality pic so I hope it's an optical illusion.

edit: After taking a look at GN's teardown of the 3090, I surmise it would not be difficult to buy both cards (x80/x90) and swap the back plates. I would advise JMCB to check GPU-Z and be sure he has what he paid for.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think the angle of the pic threw me off. Darkswordz is correct, the width of the x90 is longer. Phew. That would have been awful, even for someone who paid scalpers :)

The size of that card is a 3090. You can tell by how much higher the body of the card is over the I/O shield. The 3080 by contrast is about the same height as the I/O shield.
Can also tell because the 3090 design has a silver “X”, whereas 3080 is elongated (more of an >-<).

I weep for simps paying anything higher than msrp for these cards. And I am all in for scalpers - that is the American way.

I weep for simps paying anything higher than msrp for these cards. And I am all in for scalpers - that is the American way.
even though I'm not buying a 3000 series strictly for gaming, I refuse to pay higher than MSRP. I look at it as basically paying myself $300 to be patient. Hell, thats like a 50% down payment on a Ryzen 5900x. I'm all for giving nvidia 1500 of my greenbacks, but if AIBs drop 3080 20GB cards before I can score a 3090 founders edition, I'll go with that instead.

even though I'm not buying a 3000 series strictly for gaming, I refuse to pay higher than MSRP. I look at it as basically paying myself $300 to be patient. Hell, thats like a 50% down payment on a Ryzen 5900x. I'm all for giving nvidia 1500 of my greenbacks, but if AIBs drop 3080 20GB cards before I can score a 3090 founders edition, I'll go with that instead.
I am waiting for rtx 3070 or new AMD cards.

While doing 3 sec refresh intervalls on NewEgg Canada, the Asus TUF shown up in stock... but was never able to add to my cart... I mean the card was for sale for no more than 3 DAMN SECONDS t and was unable to buy it... this is crazy and concludes my quest for a 3080 until things settle down.

Your in Canada ? Go in person to a CanadaComputes RETAIL Store,cash up front in full, pre order purchase,got my XC3 Ultra in 12 days from my order placed on the 17th just a hair over MSRP.

View attachment 289516

Local guy on FaceBook was selling it for $2300 and I talked him down to $1900. After taxes that would have been almost an extra $300, which I don't think is as bad as some of the prices I've seen. Still got all the freebies. I've payed over $300 retail before for cards during the mining craze (and that was from the sites that sell the cards), so I just consider it part of the early adopter tax (I previously had 2x 2080 Tis, so selling these at around $800 I'll have a cheap upgrade).
You played yourself boy..

I had an asus tuf on amazon this morning. Did the one click buy and the site would crash. It would let me add to cart but would t let me check out at all.

Yeah, I told my buddy yesterday "This is like some Willy Wonka golden ticket shit".
missed opportunity, nvidia should have dumped their gt 610 stock with randomly inserted green tickets which enable you to buy a 3000 series GPU at msrp.

It was weird I saw a guy on FB bragging he got a 3080 for $1400 and though he got a good deal. Then people were congratulating him and ripping people for others that called him a dumbass.
This is pure simping. Same guy prolly spends considerable amount of $$$ on OnlyFans. Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy a nice, juicy card in my system. I wish I could buy 3080s and scalp it right away. I envy them for making a quick buck just for the fun of it.

Looks like some FTW3 Ultra 3090 emails went out today based on the EVGA spreadsheet.

Got my 3090 from Best Buy yesterday. Holy cow this thing is heavy. My god. More than twice as fast as my Vega 64, which funny enough, decided to die with "RTX Space Invaders" 5 days ago when playing Fortnite. I am not kidding (I saw issues starting six days ago but thought I fixed the problem by disassembling the card, cleaning it and reapplying LM to the epoxied core, but I guess it was already on its way out. Overvolting of P0 and P1 power states by 75mv maybe? Or the LM slowly seeping into something? I have no idea).
RAM overclock is limited to +600 in MSI AB stable, though. +700 crashed the card in Heaven Benchmark. Haven't tried more than +100 on the core. When I shunt mod I'll see what it can do, which I won't be doing for a nice long while (but I will have the conductive paint (for adhesion), liquid electrical tape (for securing) and the shunts for sometime in the future.

Got my 3090 from Best Buy yesterday. Holy cow this thing is heavy. My god. More than twice as fast as my Vega 64, which funny enough, decided to die with "RTX Space Invaders" 5 days ago when playing Fortnite. I am not kidding (I saw issues starting six days ago but thought I fixed the problem by disassembling the card, cleaning it and reapplying LM to the epoxied core, but I guess it was already on its way out. Overvolting of P0 and P1 power states by 75mv maybe? Or the LM slowly seeping into something? I have no idea).
RAM overclock is limited to +600 in MSI AB stable, though. +700 crashed the card in Heaven Benchmark. Haven't tried more than +100 on the core. When I shunt mod I'll see what it can do, which I won't be doing for a nice long while (but I will have the conductive paint (for adhesion), liquid electrical tape (for securing) and the shunts for sometime in the future.

sdfsdf.gif

"You son of a b*tch!" :cool:

Last edited:

View attachment 289516

That's actually a very reasonable price. I paid $1800+ after tax/shipping for the 3090 I had purchased directly from NVIDIA. I ended up selling it to a friend for $1750 and taking a loss since that's all he had. At least you're now out of the race and can enjoy your card. Just know that NVIDIA doesn't honor the warranty unless you're the original owner.

so this is not news to anyone, but the last two founders edition drops on best buy were on thursday. Also, the 'official' release dates of the 3080 and 3090 were on thursday as well. The 3070 was initially supposed to drop on the 15th, which was a thursday. But, it got pushed back to the 29th, which is.... you guessed it, a thursday. So if you guys are planning to try to get one from best buy, seems like thurs is the day. Unbelievable, that old Jensen could have chosen that particular day. It could mean that that point in time inherently contains some sort of cosmic significance.

so this is not news to anyone, but the last two founders edition drops on best buy were on thursday. Also, the 'official' release dates of the 3080 and 3090 were on thursday as well. The 3070 was initially supposed to drop on the 15th, which was a thursday. But, it got pushed back to the 29th, which is.... you guessed it, a thursday. So if you guys are planning to try to get one from best buy, seems like thurs is the day. Unbelievable, that old Jensen could have chosen that particular day. It could mean that that point in time inherently contains some sort of cosmic significance.

The last big drop was a Friday?

49445BC7-E472-4BBA-A7A2-1D6665885CA8.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back