Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive given up on getting anything of value this year. Prices are crazy or stock is just insanely low. I was hoping to be able to play the new FF game (newish anyway...ive been waiting a year for thee new cards). I also was hoping to get a plane this year but flippers have scalped the prices through the roof in the used market. Im seeing the same with housing inventory...going like crazy.

2020 blows. No card for me this year. Not even gonna bother to look at this point.
Its does blow. But there are going to be a lot of people filing bankruptcy next year. People swiped their credit cards to death, unemployment and overpaying for housing. Things will get cheaper in the Summer. The stimulus and unemployment benefits really caused the hobby items to be hoarded. Before the stimulus things were still cheap.

Its does blow. But there are going to be a lot of people filing bankruptcy next year. People swiped their credit cards to death, unemployment and overpaying for housing. Things will get cheaper in the Summer. The stimulus and unemployment benefits really caused the hobby items to be hoarded. Before the stimulus things were still cheap.
Check the prices on retro game items. Gamecube in particular. I was very close to a complete collection, and after Covid-19 price inflation I pushed that to the side. I needed roughly 2K dollars in games to complete my NA collection, and that number post Covid skyrocketed to close to 6-8K.

Check the prices on retro game items. Gamecube in particular. I was very close to a complete collection, and after Covid-19 price inflation I pushed that to the side. I needed roughly 2K dollars in games to complete my NA collection, and that number post Covid skyrocketed to close to 6-8K.
I believe you. I sold my Titan XD and just needed reliable transportation for 2020, a car under 10K to keep expenses low.
Hertz was just about to file bankruptcy in April/May, so I went in and bought the car at Blue Book.
Now the same car is 15K at Hertz but only worth 9K. Inflation is settling in and no one is talking about it because of the pending election.

This isn't inflation.
Then what is it? We are back on a upward trajectory.
Annual inflation rate in the US edged up to 1.4% in September of 2020 from 1.3% in August, in line with expectations and reaching the highest since March. Inflation has been rising consistently since hitting 0.1% in May, the lowest since September of 2015, due to the coronavirus crisis. Still, it remains well below 2.3% in February before the pandemic. Cost for used cars and trucks surged (10.3% vs 4% in August), prices for new vehicles (1% vs 0.7%)

Last edited:

That reminds me, I have several official nintendo GC kiosk discs in their cases and need to see if they are worth anything.

Ok. Major, MAJOR props to Dayaks - he just sold me his 3090FE he had on the way for my friend. That's why this place is [H] folks. And the friend already has something to help brighten his day slightly.

This is why I stick around here.

God bless Dayaks. :) Prayers for your friend and his Mom.

Exactly. Freaking fishing lures were out of stock for months...
Lol, same here. My city took precautions and were able to reopen earlier than surrounding counties which didn't take the virus seriously. Their infection numbers blew up, and they couldn't legally reopen businesses, so everyone from there drove one town over and bought all the FUCKING FISHING LURES!!! Same for all the other stores in town. Kinda sucks, since as a city we were fairly responsible, but weren't able to enjoy the perks of that thanks to our less responsible neighbors. To make matters worse, the people from these surrounding counties don't even wear masks (required in my state), and they run around our stores touching everything to try and make a point because they saw a meme on the internet and therefore know everything. I want to build a wall alright. Build a wall between my county and the dirty rat lickers we're surrounded by.

Anyway. Tangent/rant over.

Then what is it? We are back on a upward trajectory.
Supply / Demand is not inflation. There is a low supply of things that are typically less expensive (used small cars for instance). Prices go up because of the demand level and as long as the market can bear it. If people weren't buying them at those prices, they'd go back down.

I’m giving up too. Too much lost energy. I am meeting someone right now to buy their 1080TI for $325. I’ll look again in a few months. Tired of the nonsense.
Understandable. If you want take a more targeted approach I think the pattern for newegg has been weekly restocks on wed-friday, with a focus on wed and Thurs evenings at 6pm. It's not guaranteed but just my two cents.

I’m giving up too. Too much lost energy. I am meeting someone right now to buy their 1080TI for $325. I’ll look again in a few months. Tired of the nonsense.
I gave up about a few weeks ago. It just got too ridiculous trying to get one. Might as well just wait for Big Navi.

I will shoot you a PM if I see anything I think won't sell out in 90 seconds or less.

I hear you. I gave up long ago; there are too many other things that I'd rather spend my time on that are far less frustrating. I put my name in the EVGA queue for a FTW3 Ultra; no clue how long it'll take them to get to me but at least it's more or less guaranteed. I might just pass if it doesn't happen soon because I'd rather have a 20 GB card anyway.

It will probably be somewhere in between a 3090 and a 3080. cost $600-700$ Probably the same power draw as a 3080. I would want a Sapphire nitro + card though not their reference design.
If it performs between a 3080/3090 and has 16GB of VRAM I really doubt it'll be $600, it maybe will go for $700. But I'd expect it to honestly be a $800+ card at that point.

Bots will ensure it stays over $1,200.00.
Not if people don't buy them on the other end. Scalpers can only operate if people buy what they are selling. They won't keep buying and buying to no end if they can't move the products. There are only so many people willing to pay over MSRP.

Same. My XC3 order from 9/28 is still showing a 10/14-10/15 delivery date. Already waited this long, I guess I can wait another week.
Saw the EVGA available this morning on Amazon for a hot minute... got it in my cart and it vanished by the time I hit pay...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201014-054437_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20201014-054437_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 0
It will probably be somewhere in between a 3090 and a 3080. cost $600-700$ Probably the same power draw as a 3080. I would want a Sapphire nitro + card though not their reference design.

Don't count on it being cheap, it might end up costing more than 3080. AMD is no longer marketing itself as a value brand.

Not if people don't buy them on the other end. Scalpers can only operate if people buy what they are selling. They won't keep buying and buying to no end if they can't move the products. There are only so many people willing to pay over MSRP.
People are buying them though. 3090s are selling within days for over $3k on Amazon (currently OOS on founder edition).

at 699$ the 3080 is a great deal. The 3070 at $500 will not be a good deal over the 3080. For $200 more you double the memory bandwidth, more cores per $ and 2gb more vram. All AMD has to do is get close or beat a 3080 and be in stock and they will win.

at 699$ the 3080 is a great deal. The 3070 at $500 will not be a good deal over the 3080. For $200 more you double the memory bandwidth, more cores per $ and 2gb more vram. All AMD has to do is get close or beat a 3080 and be in stock and they will win.
$499 is a fine price for any performance faster than 2080, potentially 2080ti. Some people literally don't have more than $499 to spend on a gpu. Even so, I'm willing to say the 3070 is a better value than the 3080 for most people.

$499 is a fine price for any performance faster than 2080, potentially 2080ti. Some people literally don't have more than $499 to spend on a gpu. Even so, I'm willing to say the 3070 is a better value than the 3080 for most people.
You get alot more for that extra $200. It's way more than a 3080 to a 3090 which is actually absurd.

Haven't you heard? AMD is not in it to make money. They are benevolent company that only cares about gamers.
I expect navi to be cheaper than Nvidia's offerings. They stopped undercutting intel because their performance now exceeds intel's, and they've already been growing marketshare for 4 years. As far as GPUs, nvidia own's gamers for the most part, so for AMD to get team green to jump ship, there has to be incentive.

I expect navi to be cheaper than Nvidia's offerings. They stopped undercutting intel because their performance now exceeds intel's, and they've already been growing marketshare for 4 years. As far as GPUs, nvidia own's gamers for the most part, so for AMD to get team green to jump ship, there has to be incentive.
Everyone's under estimating AMD's partnership with MS with their GPU in the new xbox.

And the PS5. But AMD powered the PS4 and Xbox One. Didn’t make games play better on AMD GPUs on PC compared to Nvidia’s offerings.
Those consoles were based on the much older GCN rather than RDNA2 or even RDNA . Go look at the current 5700XT price/ performance vs the 2070 super. Granted AMD botched the drivers at launched.

Those consoles were based on the much older GCN rather than RDNA2 or even RDNA . Go look at the current 5700XT price/ performance vs the 2070 super. Granted AMD botched the drivers at launched.
Yes but the AMD GPUs released for years (until 2017) after the PS4 and Xbox One launch were GCN-based on PC as well. Those GPUs didn’t offer better performance than what Nvidia offered for console port games despite being the same architecture. So why would it be any different this generation?

My Amazon EVGA XC3 (ordered 9/28) ship date was moved from today, 10/15, to 10/25. I wonder if they are going by any actual info on a shipment or they just blindly put another date. Guess I'll see here in about a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back