Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also big Navi was 61 FPS in dx12 bad ass quality. 3080 gets in the 50s with same quality settings. So no you won’t be getting 95 FPS at bad ass quality with 3090. May be at ultra but not at badass quality.
I dunno, I think the secret sauce for nvidia is DLSS 2.0; it's pretty amazing and Cyberpunk will be supporting it. Made a huge diffrence in Control.

I dunno, I think the secret sauce for nvidia is DLSS 2.0; it's pretty amazing and Cyberpunk will be supporting it. Made a huge diffrence in Control.

For the 10 games that support it...

I'll be surprised if CP supports it out of the gate if they are already working extra shifts just to get the game released on time (or more accurately at this point probably working on a Day 1 patch to fix issues they didn't get to yet).

I'm not spending extra money for a card with DLSS as a feature. It's just not that useful (yet). I'll buy the card that supports DLSS because it fits in my price/performance bracket, but I'll look at options without it.

Up to about 15 with 25 more announced.

It really is pretty cool. I wasn't too impressed until DLSS 2.0. Now that I've experienced it, would I go back to a card without it? Don't think so.
Can you give me that list for DLSS 2.0 that you are referring to?

It really is pretty cool. I wasn't too impressed until DLSS 2.0. Now that I've experienced it, would I go back to a card without it? Don't think so.

Forgive me for sounding jaded, but you sound like a certain CEO pimping RT 2 years ago saying everybody was supporting it. Here we are with a handful of games and some that have "announced" support. When it is available on 75% plus of games on day one maybe I'll take it more seriously. Until then it's just a novelty.

Forgive me for sounding jaded, but you sound like a certain CEO pimping RT 2 years ago saying everybody was supporting it. Here we are with a handful of games and some that have "announced" support. When it is available on 75% plus of games on day one maybe I'll take it more seriously. Until then it's just a novelty.
75% of games released that year, or 75% of all games? The latter is never going to happen, obviously. And when is this arbitrary day one?

For the 10 games that support it...
I would expect many graphically intensive game being released going forward will support it. Excited for Cyberpunk, but looking at the list of soon to be released games, am also happy for CoD Cold War and Watch Dogs Legion also supporting DLSS.

I would expect many graphically intensive game being released going forward will support it. Excited for Cyberpunk, but looking at the list of soon to be released games, am also happy for CoD Cold War and Watch Dogs Legion also supporting DLSS.
Yeah, it seems like a lot of the upcoming AAA titles are committing to it. I don't know how hard it is to implement from a developer's perspective, but it's showing up in lower budget games like Bright Memory (made by a single developer) which is promising.

9 out of 10 of us are not getting any new cards any time soon going by the poll so like this academic debate about features...

Let's hope Navi and 3070 launch at atleast 4x volume of the 3080. Wondering if 3070 will use dies rejected for 3090/3080 so hopefully much less of a yield issue?
Pointless to speculate, and really doesn't matter because 3070 will have even greater demand than 3080/3090, as a function of the pricepoint being a lower barrier. Won't matter what numbers Navi launches with (and they'll all be insta sold-out too), 3070 will be hard to buy for months.

Let's hope Navi and 3070 launch at atleast 4x volume of the 3080. Wondering if 3070 will use dies rejected for 3090/3080 so hopefully much less of a yield issue?
Well you gotta also take into consideration the demand for the 3070 will be even higher than the 3080. So, expect another "totally unbelievable" amount of demand for these cards. And the usual botter/scalper scumbags of course.

Yeah, it seems like a lot of the upcoming AAA titles are committing to it. I don't know how hard it is to implement from a developer's perspective, but it's showing up in lower budget games like Bright Memory (made by a single developer) which is promising.

It sounds like DLSS 2.0 is more generic. But nVidia said DLSS 1.0 was easy and only took a few days so who knows... that’s a feature I put zero confidence in but won’t complain if it works.

Stores already have some 3070s so that’s a good sign. 3070 is a different, smaller die though. 3080/3090 are “rejected” A102 dies (there is no fully activated A102 card yet or are just being used as 3090, there’s a 3% difference iirc) and 3070 is A104.

Reactions: Epos7
like this
I was going to get a 3080 and tried for a while. I am putting it off now, maybe black friday or after Christmas, dunno. The 1080 ti will have to handle business for a while. I am getting gutters for the house. Gutters are not much more than a 3080 and less than a 3090. Weird times.

People will be waiting a while depending on shipment size. I saw a tweet yesterday by someone who signed up to be notified like in September lol. So long list of people I guess.
A ton of people signed up on 9/17. Currently they are up to about 7:30 AM on the 9/17 queue for the FTW3 Ultra.

Also, there is a rumor floating around that EVGA diverted a large shipment destined for Amazon to fulfill queue orders. I guess we'll see.

Is this like that list of 20 games nVidia said would fully support Raytracing back in 2018?

Is this like that list of 20 games nVidia said would fully support Raytracing back in 2018?
ZZZDLSS.png

A ton of people signed up on 9/17. Currently they are up to about 7:30 AM on the 9/17 queue for the FTW3 Ultra.

Also, there is a rumor floating around that EVGA diverted a large shipment destined for Amazon to fulfill queue orders. I guess we'll see.
I signed up on 10/5 :drowning:

The dell deals were live at like 11PM last night, I used my premier code, and ordered a Ventus for 749.00. Im guessing they are backordered beyond any stretch of the imagination. I await a cancel .

To add insult to injury Cyberpunk is going to launch right in the thick of this shit show, even further increasing hype/demand. So you'll have this amazing game and people will be stuck playing at poverty settings. I feel bad for the poor fuckers who sold their 20 series cards and can't get a 30 series and are using onboard graphics or 970 or some shit lol.

Dammit. Still no luck. Even with distill and discord, everything is gone well before I can click in. This shit is nuts.

My Amazon order from 9/22 for an EVGA XC3 Ultra is still showing delivery this Friday. Interested to see if that actually happens given EVGA says no XC3s going out this week. Hopefully that's just from their own store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back