Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
just ordered from best buy, founders edition

I had to keep spamming the add to cart. Checked out with paypal

I spammed Add to Cart but nothing, while people are claiming to get cards. Fuck Best Buy, lol.

I successfully ordered a 3090 FE from BestBuy on the first try. Lets see if the order doesn't get cancelled.

Last edited:
just ordered from best buy, founders edition

I had to keep spamming the add to cart. Checked out with paypal

Nice. I’ve noticed BB adds in small batches. Maybe as they get scanned in?

Wouldn’t surprise me if the add to cart button lights up more times today.

I spammed Add to Cart but nothing, while people are claiming to get cards. Fuck Best Buy, lol.

You have to get it off the bat. The add to cart button is crazy lagged at BB. They go out of stock and it takes a while for the front end to catch up.

BB orders are getting cancelled it sounds like, probably not all but definitely they did not have that much stock.

Due to high demand, this item hasn't been added to your cart. Please wait a few minutes before trying again.

was able to add one to my cart and then refresh took it out....dang it!

i honestly cannot believe I got a 3090...and I got to use my bday coupon...god I hope I don't get a cancellation

The question is to hardmod TDP or not? lol. Maybe I’ll see how gamers nexus does and if it scales at all.

I snagged one too... I am honestly split between keeping it for reselling at cost to a friend.

For people still trying: for Best Buy make sure you have your card saved and also using a saved items list helps. It gets rid of a lot of the bs and reloads a lot faster.

I think I am just meant to wait for AMD this time. Not sure why I am even doing this...the 2060 KO is working fine for all I am playing right now...esp the Image Sharpening scaling set up. Even Control runs fine on max with a DLSS of 1920x800 (2x scaling). And I am sure CP 2077 will work great using this as well. Doom Eternal can max out at 4k easy...

I think I am just meant to wait for AMD this time. Not sure why I am even doing this...the 2060 KO is working fine for all I am playing right now...esp the Image Sharpening scaling set up. Even Control runs fine on max with a DLSS of 1920x800 (2x scaling). And I am sure CP 2077 will work great using this as well. Doom Eternal can max out at 4k easy...
You are now where I am. You got caught up in the hype/cult; Then frustration kicked some sense into you and you realized "what I'm I doing chasing this card". You have now been deprogrammed and can reclaim your senses.

Reactions: Bellz
like this
I was able to order a 3090 FE, and check out on Best Buy, but I had to use paypal because it declined my debit card for some reason. Processed fine and an hour and a half later, it hasn't been cancelled and I got a text awhile before saying a paypal payment was sent from paypal to best buy. Now the wait begins.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That's what I get for not checking hardforun for a couple hours.

It's kind of like Skype. You can live chat with those on a per channel basis or on invite. It supports both text based and voice chat.

cool...so people just post as soon as they see a 3080 available to purchase and inform others?...what's the difference with Discord versus just coming to a forum like [H] or going to Reddit and finding a thread about 3080 stock?

cool...so people just post as soon as they see a 3080 available to purchase and inform others?...what's the difference with Discord versus just coming to a forum like [H] or going to Reddit and finding a thread about 3080 stock?
It has some stock trackers on there, but frankly the notifications have been way too slow.

It has some stock trackers on there, but frankly the notifications have been way too slow.

I have a few trackers set up at NowInStock and other places but I might just join up with Discord to see what the fuss is about...

My guess is because Discord is closer to real-time experience. I mean, hitting F5 or depending on event notifications, while sufficient for most things, isn't putting you closer to the edge in terms of responsiveness.

Also, Discord isn't subject to rules and subject limitations this forum imposes. Although this highly depends on the channel moderator.

NowInStock has been garbage for this since day one. It didn't even catch the massive BB drop today. I stopped using it a week or more ago.
Yeah agreed, what a letdown as I was actively using that versus spamming refreshes on my own. Guess there's really only one way to go about this. F5 for life.

I have a few trackers set up at NowInStock and other places but I might just join up with Discord to see what the fuss is about...
Most of the trackers that Discord notifiers are set up on come from Distill.io, which is way faster than Now InStock. I had both active for a while and about 80% of the drops I saw on Discord never even registered on NIS.

is this a forum/chat?...I've never used Discord
Thousands of people post in a super fast moving unwashed chat — generally about nothing of importance, maybe they just got back from Taco Bell, maybe they pooped, maybe they showered, maybe they played a game or just woke up — someone sees something they copy the link in to share, but the product goes out of stock before you could possibly click the link, because the automatic full checkout bots are patrolling all sites, and then everybody in the chat goes
“Reeeeeeeeeeeee” missed that one too.

actually the discord chat makes you realize just how bad the problem is. There is actually quite a bit coming into stock more recently, but you’ll still not get anything unless Lady Luck smiles on you, or you have a fully auto checkout bot. I get quite a few added to cart. So far, none checked out. They get ripped from my cart.

I thought it would help me get a card this last week or so and I’ve had a lot more faux opportunities presented, but it’s just a lesson in frustration thus far. The chat makes you realize the lunacy of all of us playing the game.

I was F'5ing the Best Buy 3080 link today and several times I got the option to 'Add to Cart' but then nothing happened and it immediately went Out of Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back