Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NowInStock has alerted me for about 10% of the drops that have occurred and is usually 5 minutes too late. Discord or Distill is much quicker.

Which discord server are you in that has up to date stock alerts?

On the other hand might be some advantage to that: When it DOES notify you, stock levels have probably finally reached the point where there isn't a stupid feeding frenzy where you have to check out in seconds or you don't get it. So if it notifies you, you probably actually have a bit to go and buy your card.

Nowinstock has managed a few notifications, but they aren't actually any better. You get the Nowinstock alert if the online store doesn't remove the "in stock" tag quickly enough. But all the cards are still gone in just a few seconds. At least for now. You'll know things are improving if you get multiple alerts from them per day. That will be a sign cards are lasting for minutes at a time.

I find it funny NE is selling 750w PSU combos with 3090s. Granted I never seen stock for those combos.

adorama had a 10900 and 3080 in stock for 1699 , slightly better than scalper but pretty close so no thanks.

1601930648524.png

Dang, I nearly got this one just now, but .... :(

Walmart is doing the same thing. PS5 preorders are popping up from brand new third-party sellers. Orders are placed, orders are cancelled, sellers are blocked from the site lol. Truly a wild time

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/n...shortages-to-last-through-the-end-of-the-year

I call bullshit on this. If there was any real supply cards wouldn't be selling out in 3 seconds.
Eh... if I don't get a card this year, or next no big deal. I know what I want, for now, and the price I want to spend (aka MSRP) and that is non negotiable, I'm not willing to pay $100 over MSRP just because a company uses it's fancy buzz words FTW, RoG, etc. and I'm more than willing to not pay scalpers or even inconvenience my life by camping outside of a Microcenter (assuming there was one locally) to get one.

Eh... if I don't get a card this year, or next no big deal. I know what I want, for now, and the price I want to spend (aka MSRP) and that is non negotiable, I'm not willing to pay $100 over MSRP just because a company uses it's fancy buzz words FTW, RoG, etc. and I'm more than willing to not pay scalpers or even inconvenience my life by camping outside of a Microcenter (assuming there was one locally) to get one.
I am ok with paying a little bit (max $100) over for a nice custom design and a good warranty like EVGA's but agree with the rest 100%. I'll game on my 2060 for another year/two years/forever lol before I pay a scalper anything. Though I doubt scalpers will get every decent video card ever made for months on end...this is not toilet paper where the demand will be inelastic to a large extent.

Last edited:
Apparently they just had a small drop after posting this update. And another one is expected later this week.

Apparently they just had a small drop after posting this update. And another one is expected later this week.
I have no notifications in the 4 discords I'm in on an EVGA website drop today, One channel someone listed the twitter notification in the availabilty channel by mistake but the one I know has a severe level of scalpers and normally get the pings first some how arent seeing one(this one is restricted).

I have no notifications in the 4 discords I'm in on an EVGA website drop today, One channel someone listed the twitter notification in the availabilty channel by mistake but the one I know has a severe level of scalpers and normally get the pings first some how arent seeing one(this one is restricted).

May be because they already switched to the new system.

I have no notifications in the 4 discords I'm in on an EVGA website drop today, One channel someone listed the twitter notification in the availabilty channel by mistake but the one I know has a severe level of scalpers and normally get the pings first some how arent seeing one.
It appears that the drops are now allocated to those who signed up for notifications as part of a queue system. I doubt you’ll see the cards pop up in stock as they used to for a while until the queue ends.

It appears that the drops are now allocated to those who signed up for notifications as part of a queue system. I doubt you’ll see the cards pop up in stock as they used to for a while until the queue ends.
Yeah, no more drops the way they used to be. He answered on Twitter there wont be cards released on the store for a while just email alert which I love. Drops are dead so they bots arent gonna be beating that site for a while.

I'm good with the queue. Like a preorder. Already set up auto-notify for most of the 3090s and all the 3080s.

And hell, you wait in line and want to sell it? Fine by me, honestly - we all have an equal chance then.

I had signed up for some notifications around launch I think. Signed up again just in case. Hopefully this system works better.

I had signed up for some notifications around launch I think. Signed up again just in case. Hopefully this system works better.
same here. I hope that didn't reset our place in existing queue. o_O

I wonder how it'll work if you signed up for all of the card notifications. I signed up for all of them near or before launch.

Either way, not having to fuck around with refreshing and fighting bots would be nice.

wow...I signed up for both the day you could...so hopefully I'll be able to get either a 3080\3090 soon...or both..if they allow =P

Oh crud...or was that for the founders....lol.

*** added later *** I think I did both the day of...but I hope I didn't move my queue back by re-requesting notification for both...lol.

Last edited:
It is nice they are doing something about the bots with a system like this but I never bothered signing up for notifications because we all know its useless, they are all sold out before you would ever get an email, been monitoring since release constantly with distill etc to try to get one and now I will be at the end of the line.. bummer.

I had a good laugh today. A few partner 3080s reported in stock at a few retailers in Hungary, for only $1500. LOL

Can you sign up for multiple cards from EVGA? I just want one; I don't really care which one I get.

Can you sign up for multiple cards from EVGA? I just want one; I don't really care which one I get.

Yes, you can sign up for everything. Still a purchase limit of one card per house though, so once you buy one, your other queues are invalid.

Yes, you can sign up for everything. Still a purchase limit of one card per house though, so once you buy one, your other queues are invalid.
I read on a discord chat where somebody laid out the rules it's one purchase per part number. So you can be in all five queues if you want. (and assumedly order one of each if you had such a need). A friend of mine checked with EVGA a couple days ago and they said they had about 3000 cards in the step up que at the time. It may still be quite a while to get this shortfall resolved.

I find it funny NE is selling 750w PSU combos with 3090s. Granted I never seen stock for those combos.

Going to make this more hilarious if this is the ONLY way to get a 3080/3090 from Newegg & the Power supplies go out of stock while the RTX 3080/3090 are in stock :). In other news, Best buy has an RTX 3090 (OOS of course) that I can use my Birthday coupon on that would be $1350+tax..! Would you guys do it for $1350 ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back