Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woops, looks like it was either posted late or they had a second Aorus drop. I missed it while playing with my dog haha.

Yep more came in about 10:05PM EST, maybe there's hope that they'll drop more very 30m or so? Who knows! This wasn't the exact card I wanted but I'll just shutup and take what I was lucky enough to get at this point

Yep more came in about 10:05PM EST, maybe there's hope that they'll drop more very 30m or so? Who knows! This wasn't the exact card I wanted but I'll just shutup and take what I was lucky enough to get at this point

Congrats! I think the Aorus or the Asus TUF are the only cards I want at this point. I'll be patient and hope I get one soon.

Reactions: Mylex
like this
I'm shocked but somehow I was able to get an Aorus on the 2nd drop! woohoo!
Nice! The Aorus wouldn't fit in my case so I was hoping that the ASUS TUF would come back in stock but it doesn't look like it will. If I don't somehow get a 3080 tonight or this weekend I'm throwing in the towel and waiting for more plentiful stock and/or Big Navi.

I've noticed cards coming into stock specifically around 6:00-6:30PM Pacific. Basically, moments before I get home from work they come in stock and go out of stock. I work the perfect Monday-Friday schedule to ensure I won't get a chance.

I've noticed cards coming into stock specifically around 6:00-6:30PM Pacific. Basically, moments before I get home from work they come in stock and go out of stock. I work the perfect Monday-Friday schedule to ensure I won't get a chance.

Seems to be about right. The Aorus was originally supposed to drop at 6PM Pacific but they pushed it to 6:30, probably because they had the other cards to stock at 6:00 and knew the site would have issues.

Guys, just fyi, when it comes to Newegg, you literally have less than 15 seconds to make that purchase. As soon as I finished completing my order, I immediately refreshed the page again for shits and giggles to see if there were any left, and to no surprise it was literally OOS. Short of using a bot (which appears to being blocked now) or being in front of the computer all day with a notifier, it's pretty much gonna be your routine till November.

Guys, just fyi, when it comes to Newegg, you literally have less than 15 seconds to make that purchase. As soon as I finished completing my order, I immediately refreshed the page again for shits and giggles to see if there were any left, and to no surprise it was literally OOS. Short of using a bot (which appears to being blocked now) or being in front of the computer all day with a notifier, it's pretty much gonna be your routine till November.

I think you'll see it get a little better day by day. As with most feeding frenzies, it gets sated with time. Not only do more people get the product they want, but some who were really worked up chill out and decide to wait or just not buy. It'll also get better as the scalper market dries up, which it will because the number of people willing to pay over MSRP will go down.

I don't expect it to be a situation where they are normal and generally in stock everywhere for quite some time, but I think you'll find that they'll sell out less and less fast as the days go by.

strange that newegg got pny 3080 add to cart button but i cannot even buy it. i think it got stuck

Use the Newegg app and configure apple pay all on your phone. You literally can refresh on the card you want in the app, and when it comes in stock you click apple pay and its purchased immediately. Do a few test purchases with it on other items and just cancel the orders.

You will have 10x more success with the app and it stays online longer AND has faster updates/access to the Newegg API.

Use the Newegg app and configure apple pay all on your phone. You literally can refresh on the card you want in the app, and when it comes in stock you click apple pay and its purchased immediately. Do a few test purchases with it on other items and just cancel the orders.

You will have 10x more success with the app and it stays online longer AND has faster updates/access to the Newegg API.

That's great for the 20% of people that actually have an iphone.
And how do you do that on android?

I think the android version is samsung pay? i assume there is something similar for android.
We talked about this very same thing a couple pages back when I recommended ApplePay through Newegg. :D

Essentially Android users don’t have an equivalent payment method in Newegg. Their best bet is probably 1 click buy in Amazon but bots seem to be even more wild over there.

We talked about this very same thing a couple pages back when I recommended ApplePay through Newegg. :D

Essentially Android users don’t have an equivalent payment method in Newegg. Their best bet is probably 1 click buy in Amazon but bots seem to be even more wild over there.

Well that sucks. Seems like newegg supported Android Pay in the past but not Google Pay now.

I have $$ to spend and nothing available to spend it on...I'm worried I might not even get a new card in time for CP2077...maybe by Elden Ring there will be sufficient stock of 3080's

do you have to check Newegg every minute of the day and just get lucky or is there some scientific formula to knowing when Newegg/Amazon gets new stock?

Knowing Nvidia, there should be good stock of 3080s prior to AMD big Navi announcement on Oct. 28 or slightly after if AMD doesn't release same day. No better way to kill a launch then tie up people's money right before it. It's an easy win for Nvidia because even if announcement is good it won't matter if most people spent money on Nvidia already. Now if that doesn't happen then yeah I'd be very worried about getting a card before CP2077 because then it would really indicate a supply problem that could last until year's end.

Until then I'd look into setting up Distill chrome plugin mentioned in this thread or join an Ampere in-stock discord channel (think there's a link in this thread). Until stock improves, you probably have minutes (or minute) to snatch once when notified.

Knowing Nvidia, there should be good stock of 3080s prior to AMD big Navi announcement on Oct. 28 or slightly after if AMD doesn't release same day. No better way to kill a launch then tie up people's money right before it. It's an easy win for Nvidia because even if announcement is good it won't matter if most people spent money on Nvidia already. Now if that doesn't happen then yeah I'd be very worried about getting a card before CP2077 because then it would really indicate a supply problem that could last until year's end.

Until then I'd look into setting up Distill chrome plugin mentioned in this thread or join an Ampere in-stock discord channel (think there's a link in this thread). Until stock improves, you probably have minutes (or minute) to snatch once when notified.
Nah, corporations like money now. Most that can wait will wait for AMD.
Nvidia has a supply problem. They are working with the likes of Apple (Samsung) for their chips which is a shame.
It's like Canon waiting for Sony for camera sensors.

Nvidia is the last thing on Samsung mind. Whatever yields that's what we'll get, no production increase.

I'm still sitting on my Amazon order for an Asus 3090 OC Tuf due to arrive Oct 13/Oct 14. Was hoping to grab that Gigabyte Aurous Master, even though I'm not a Gigabyte guy it looked really sweet. The brand manager screwed up the Newegg link and we missed out.

I don't really need a 3090 so paying the extra money seems stupid but it's better than scalping.

I'm still sitting on my Amazon order for an Asus 3090 OC Tuf due to arrive Oct 13/Oct 14. Was hoping to grab that Gigabyte Aurous Master, even though I'm not a Gigabyte guy it looked really sweet. The brand manager screwed up the Newegg link and we missed out.

I don't really need a 3090 so paying the extra money seems stupid but it's better than scalping.

if you don’t want it, I’ll buy it.

if you don’t want it, I’ll buy it.

I'm guessing I won't be able to get anything else and I'll have to pay the Piper and just use the 3090. If I get something else first then I'll let you know

It was pretty expensive.

I want every possible milliwatt for the GPU + performance. not RGB, not LCD, and other nonsense. Too bad people kept buying the RGBeees

I don't think the addition of RGB or LCD would decrease performance. Pretty much all of these cards run the same.

Reactions: Dan_D
like this
I'm guessing I won't be able to get anything else and I'll have to pay the Piper and just use the 3090. If I get something else first then I'll let you know

It was pretty expensive.
Not worried about the cost, just don’t want to pay scalpers, and I’m on the road enough that following discord or distill is proving stupid difficult.
And for that matter, my friend actually wants it eventually for ML work- i would use it till i find a nice card with a block and then pass it to him for the same price I pay so he can game AND do his data science work. Knew it was going to be expensive to do that.

It was pretty expensive.

If you act in the interval when getting a 30xx isn't insane, but they're not available continuously yet; you could probably flip your lightly used 3090 for almost full price after getting a 3080.

Sacrificing a chicken to Santa Maria tonight fellas in order to give all y'all positive juju in your hunt for this elusive monster.

Orale jue vatos!

Does NowInStock website actually notify you immediately when these cards are available, or is there a significant delay?
To be honest, NowInStock isn't going to work fast enough. You either need a program/bot or notification checker checking every < 1min to be even somewhat competitive it seems.

NowInStock worked well when the RTX 2000 series were launched 2 years ago. Now they're up against bot users so it's always going to be late to notify you.

Nah, it's way too slow. If you believed that site, that vast majority of cards have never actually been in stock at all.

On the other hand might be some advantage to that: When it DOES notify you, stock levels have probably finally reached the point where there isn't a stupid feeding frenzy where you have to check out in seconds or you don't get it. So if it notifies you, you probably actually have a bit to go and buy your card.

NowInStock has alerted me for about 10% of the drops that have occurred and is usually 5 minutes too late. Discord or Distill is much quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back