Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got confirmation I’ll get my card October 11th. I ordered it the 27th on amazon. Gigabyte 3080 eagle, I really wanted a evga card but I guess I have to take what I can get since I don’t want to wait forever.

Best Buy and Newegg both got me numerous times with the site crashing when I went to checkout. Anyone that gets a card from there is really lucky
Just an FYI if that is your delivery by date then it isn’t a confirmation and just an estimate. It can still go up or down over the coming days. Has been happening with a lot of 3080 orders on Amazon.

I will share the trick to seeing if Microcenter has them in-store in-stock.

Very simple, just do a search on their web site, do a search for "RTX 3080" or "RTX 3090" if they are in stock, they will pop up in their system but will say, "OUT OF STOCK" ..... this is done so no one can order one, place them in the basket, etc etc.

When they are not in stock, the RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 ( WILL NOT ) populate / pull up in a search on Microcenter.com. You will get no results.

I've confirmed this twice now in person. They indeed had cards but sold out in store within an hour or two I was told. There was one Asus Tuff 3080 in stock the 2nd time I went in.

From what I can tell, at least here in Kansas City, they are getting small amounts in a few times a week. I don't know the numbers. If you're desperate to get one, you need to go at opening each morning and an hour before close repeatedly over and over and over. Also, they are enforcing 1 per house hold per 30 or maybe he said 90 days. One of the other guys standing next the one guy said he hadn't heard that officially yet so who knows. BTW, they did limit video cards to 1 per 90 days or 30 day ??? During the Crypto bubble 18+ months ago if some of you remember that.

When they are not in stock, the RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 ( WILL NOT ) populate / pull up in a search on Microcenter.com. You will get no results.
If I change “my store” to different locations, I get the same “3 items found, 0 in stock at x store” for rtx 3080s whether here in New York or in other states... Curious to see if those results change over the course of the day.

Got another in stock notification for the ASUS TUF 3080 this morning from Newegg at 5:41 AM CST. This was way too early for me so I didn't get to check if it was legit or not. Anyone else get a notification?

I got a Newegg email about an MSI card last night at like 11:30 PM PST - was already in bed so didn't bother checking, I'm sure it was gone seconds after it went up.

So yeah, I have two Distill things going: one for the Newegg 3080 overall page, and one for the Asus TUF Newegg page specifically. I saw "Add to Cart" for the TUF on the main page, but it never went to that on the actual product page itself. So I wouldn't trust any Newegg stock notice outside of the product page itself.

I will share the trick to seeing if Microcenter has them in-store in-stock.

Very simple, just do a search on their web site, do a search for "RTX 3080" or "RTX 3090" if they are in stock, they will pop up in their system but will say, "OUT OF STOCK" ..... this is done so no one can order one, place them in the basket, etc etc.

I've confirmed this twice now in person. They indeed had cards but sold out in store within an hour or two I was told. There was one Asus Tuff 3080 in stock the 2nd time I went in.

From what I can tell, at least here in Kansas City, they are getting small amounts in a few times a week. I don't know the numbers. If you're desperate to get one, you need to go at opening each morning and an hour before close repeatedly over and over and over. Also, they are enforcing 1 per house hold per 30 or maybe he said 90 days. One of the other guys standing next the one guy said he hadn't heard that officially yet so who knows. BTW, they did limit video cards to 1 per 90 days or 30 day ??? During the Crypto bubble 18+ months ago if some of you remember that.
This. I noticed it also. I haven't gone to check personally but it makes sense. Like today I saw a few 3080 and 3090 show and I might go check after work.

Just an FYI if that is your delivery by date then it isn’t a confirmation and just an estimate. It can still go up or down over the coming days. Has been happening with a lot of 3080 orders on Amazon.

Id be ok with them sending it early, sooner then later would be a good thing. I currently have no gpu and been playing the show on ps4.
The way my luck has been this launch I was expecting to get a cancellation email.

Just give it an month or two and hopefully stock will keep up. Unless of course this turns into another mining bubble.

So I called micro center to ask about the online search results thing. They said there is no correlation between the presence of sold-out search results online and the availability of stock in-store. However, they did say they've been receiving cards sporadically throughout the week (2-3 per drop), and that those tend to sell out right at store open. My local micro center is about a 45 minute train ride away, might give it a shot tomorrow morning and hope for the best

I've got NowInStock alerts set up and am on the Discord, but according to reports in this thread, NIS is flat-out missing most restocks. Is Distill or anything else better at this? Trying to score a waterblock-confirmed 3090.

Just give it an month or two and hopefully stock will keep up. Unless of course this turns into another mining bubble.

I don't think miners are super interested in these cards, from what I've read.

I do keep seeing 3080s go up on Amazon from 3rd parties for $1200-1300, and then back out of stock, so presumably someone is buying at these exorbitant prices. I imagine stock will suffer until that stops happening and the bots get turned off.

I've got NowInStock alerts set up and am on the Discord, but according to reports in this thread, NIS is flat-out missing most restocks. Is Distill or anything else better at this? Trying to score a waterblock-confirmed 3090.

NIS responds way too slowly. Your best bet is to either use Distill with a really low refresh time (5-10 seconds) or get your own bot running.

Last day for my 10% off coupon from Bestbuy and got a card! Sort of lol.

937A8FB2-ECEF-4498-AC32-4D521710C078.jpeg

NIS responds way too slowly. Your best bet is to either use Distill with a really low refresh time (5-10 seconds) or get your own bot running.
I use a browser plugin to refresh NIS every ten seconds instead of the default 30 - is that as good?

NIS is too slow to pick up restocks regardless of how many times you refresh the site itself. It’s best to run Distill or get Discord notifications (which are usually from Distill anyway).
10-4. Will set up Distill this evening. Thanks!

Just saw 2 open box eagles go for $599.99 on bestbuy.com. wow there could be some deals.

Can you guys share with me the Discord that shows the updates?

Last day for my 10% off coupon from Bestbuy and got a card! Sort of lol.

View attachment 284330

So I looked on cyberpower’s page and a similar system is $2500 (this was $1900 before coupon...).

It actually has me freaked out. But it’s Bestbuy so should be safe from scams? lol. Great deal if real.

So I looked on cyberpower’s page and a similar system is $2500 (this was $1900 before coupon...).

It actually has me freaked out. But it’s Bestbuy so should be safe from scams? lol. Great deal if real.
Reviews on cyber power are you sometimes don’t get what you bought. But it’s something.

I bought four machines from CyberPower directly. All were solid. I picked out the components - with a fine toothed comb - as they were custom systems, but the only complaint I have, well two complaints really -
1) the fan headers were hooked up to the wrong places on the motherboard. They were just hooked up to whatever was closest leading to the CPU fan being hooked up to a system fan header, and vice versa. That's attention to detail they should catch IMO.
2) the extra PCI-E brackets covers weren't included on my systems. I ordered all four systems with dual video cards when the mining craze was happening in 2017/2018 because it was the only way to secure video cards. They should have thrown in the the extra PCI-E covers - but that's pretty nit picky.

All four systems were shipped very carefully packaged. My thermaltake P3 system was packed in a wood crate!!! (I didn't even pay extra for that.)

I was really impressed - especially given the price - because the prices I paid with the coupon were less at the time than the components prices I could find to put them together myself. They sure as heck beat the tar out of some sort of OEM Dell or HP pre-built.

I think I got a misprice on one of the Intel systems too because it was almost too good to be true. 5% off coupons floating around all the time as well. Free upgrades, $5 mechanical keyboard bundle options that are actually quite nice keyboards. Free shipping, free SSD upgrades, cheap watercooling AIO, etc. I actually think their ordering process was too messy (in the customer's favor). I found a couple glitches where you could add something for a %off discount, remove that something off the order, and it wouldn't remove the discount - etc. Strange company, strange site, super low margins, but really pretty cool way to go.

I have no experience with their canned pre-builts like what you are looking at with BestBuy. Mine were all custom component hand picked systems.

Here's the link for the pre-built.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberp...tx-3080-1tb-ssd-black/6428082.p?skuId=6428082

I kinda don't want to buy these cards anymore if they have crashing problems?

ASUS RTX 3090 AVAILABLE ON NEWEGG RIGHT NOW MUTHA FUCKA'S GOGOOGOGO

I just finished placing my order now.

EDIT: holy shit, that took less than 15 seconds before the auto notify came back up.

EDIT 2: more are popping up on NEWEGG, guys get there ASAP.

ASUS RTX 3090 AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW MUTHA FUCKA'S GOGOOGOGO

I just finished placing my order now.

EDIT: holy shit, that took less than 15 seconds before the auto notify came back up.

Might want to give a hint as to where next time ;)

Just got the ASUS RTX 3090 TUF OC and the EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 on Newegg. Which one to keep...

EDIT: ApplePay on Newegg is the way to go.

EDIT2: Also just noticed that my ASUS 3090 TUF order has a $70 off promo code on Newegg. Making it pretty enticing...

Last edited:
Might want to give a hint as to where next time ;)

Sorry dude, by the time Distill notified me, and me ordering within seconds of the notification and confirming my order, it literally went back to auto notify afterwards. What I might do next time fellas, is order another one and you guys can just pay me for the shipping and cost of the GPU + tax and I'll hook you up. Seems like this will be the only way for a lot of us to get one at this rate.

fuuuck. I got the flurry of notices but the site was a crawl. I could click "add to cart" buttons, but when I finally got TO the card, Newegg had blocked me due to my Distill alert. =/

Anyone else notice a ton of false positives from Nvidia's site using Distill? Anyone also notice B&H flat out doesn't list 3000 series cards anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back