Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife was trying to snag a PS5 at launch and we saw that there was pick-up in Pueblo (roughly 2 hours south).
We agreed to do it, but the damned checkout never would work.

I must have had 15 in cart at best buy. And the get stripped.

But a couple seem to require local pickup now instead of shipping and the nearest store in stock for pickup is 137 miles away with pickup on Oct. 2. Not sure I'm that desperate...I released those cards
I couldn't get through this morning but 5 minutes ago it was letting me select a local store to pickup oct 2nd. It just said none avail when I went to the next page.

EVGA charged me but never processed my order with an order confirmation lol. I'm done with their broken ass website.
come play whack a mole with us at best buy. it auto refreshes...
how fast are you?

You guys a persistent, I will give you that. Why go through all this trouble repeatedly to score a card? What's the rush. It's not like they are a one time special edition never to be made again. Just wait a few months and save yourself the frustration and time wasting.

EVGA charged me but never processed my order with an order confirmation lol. I'm done with their broken ass website.

Fuck that. I'd be pissed. Raise some hell with their web team and maybe they'll do something to make it right.
I just checked and mine is showing as pending, which is pretty normal.

Spent 20 minutes trying to complete an order on the EVGA site.

Started here:

EVGA1.PNG

Took me about 50 tries to get to here: (under construction, spinning wheels, etc along the way)

EVGA5.PNG

Only to end up with this:

EVGA6.PNG

These sites all suck...

Last edited:
You guys a persistent, I will give you that. Why go through all this trouble repeatedly to score a card? What's the rush. It's not like they are a one time special edition never to be made again. Just wait a few months and save yourself the frustration and time wasting.
Thrill of the hunt

And I sold my 2080 a 2-3 weeks ago, so my gaming machine is down...(which is part of my near nightly routine)

Save you boys the trouble of clicking, only the expensive one is left, and by the time I finish typing this, it'll be sold as well. It's over for today.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-24 081808.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-24 081808.png
    439.1 KB · Views: 0
Thrill of the hunt

And I sold my 2080 a 2-3 weeks ago, so my gaming machine is down...(which is part of my near nightly routine)

I did the same thing. Hence, I really, really needed something in the here and now.

Save you boys the trouble of clicking, only the expensive one is left, and by the time I finish typing this, it'll be sold as well. It's over for today.
The EVGA website doesn't even load for me.

Just got off the phone with EVGA. The EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING is still in stock for elite members and they suggest to continue trying to checkout. Everything else is OOS.

Just got off the phone with EVGA. The EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING is still in stock for elite members and they suggest to continue trying to checkout. Everything else is OOS.
They wouldn’t let you place an order over the phone would they?

alright - gotta throw in the towell for now...real life job beckons...

I went to Microcenter Cambridge this morning. 5 lucky SOBs got one. They listed 12 in stock this morning. Nvidia page never even showed in stock. Im just going to wait until the hype dies down. Next month they will have full stock guaranteed, especially to temper the NAVI launch.

The Nvidia page did have some...I did have one in my cart...but didn't check out fast enough....bleh.

Follow-up to this:

Cancelled the order. EVGA charged me 4 times for $1950. When I called their customer service to resolve the extra charges they said they can't see the individual charges and which one was tied to my purchase and what the others were charged for. They "think" that the charges will drop off. Told them to just cancel everything. Not going to play around with almost $8000 in charges for a GPU that I don't even really want.

Follow-up to this:

Cancelled the order. EVGA charged me 4 times for $1950. When I called their customer service to resolve the extra charges they said they can't see the individual charges and which one was tied to my purchase and what the others were charged for. They "think" that the charges will drop off. Told them to just cancel everything. Not going to play around with almost $8000 in charges for a GPU that I don't even really want.
Now that suck man. They even manage to mess up the one thing they did right with seperating stock for the elite members. They should have done that also with the 3080's.

Now that suck man. They even manage to mess up the one thing they did right with seperating stock for the elite members. They should have done that also with the 3080's.
Absolutely. But they need to do something about the checkout process. I got to the submit order button and every time I'd press it a loading circle would appear for a few seconds and then...nothing. Would keep pressing it and eventually the traffic cone of death would pop up and I'd have to restart the checkout process. Only one time did I get an order confirmation screen (which I posted) and that's when I stopped. The order confirmation screen didn't even have my order number in there; I didn't edit the screen shot - it really wasn't there.

I then got the order confirmation email with the order number and thought all was fine and dandy. Then I opened up my credit card app on my phone expecting to see two charges (the one I found earlier) and then the one for this successful order. Nope! I found 4 charges for $1950 and I got pissed. Called the customer service rep to get them resolved and apparently they have limited visibility of the charges. Told me he thinks they'll drop off by tomorrow. Not a good enough answer for me and I just said screw it all and had him cancel everything.

Absolutely. But they need to do something about the checkout process. I got to the submit order button and every time I'd press it a loading circle would appear for a few seconds and then...nothing. Would keep pressing it and eventually the traffic cone of death would pop up and I'd have to restart the checkout process. Only one time did I get an order confirmation screen (which I posted) and that's when I stopped. The order confirmation screen didn't even have my order number in there; I didn't edit the screen shot - it really wasn't there.

I then got the order confirmation email with the order number and thought all was fine and dandy. Then I opened up my credit card app on my phone expecting to see two charges (the one I found earlier) and then the one for this successful order. Nope! I found 4 charges for $1950 and I got pissed. Called the customer service rep to get them resolved and apparently they have limited visibility of the charges. Told me he thinks they'll drop off by tomorrow. Not a good enough answer for me and I just said screw it all and had him cancel everything.
From the reviews unless you need the memory for content creation or compute work it looks like a dud at the price.

Last edited:
From the review unless you need the memory for content creation or compute work it looks like a dud at the price.
I'm not concerned. I was debating even keeping it (posted that in another thread) as I really would prefer to spend $700-800 on a 3080 and call it a day. I have an EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra on order from Amazon for $825 shipped. That's $1125 cheaper than the EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra I had ordered. Don't feel like $1125 is worth a ~10% gaming performance boost and 14GB of VRAM...

Reactions: Mylex
like this
As the case with most others, I got all the way to Paypal on BB and gone. It's really sad that TicketMaster, TM of all companies, can somehow do this better where you don't lose something you're paying for. And they do it for things that are often far more expensive than this and sell out faster. They still give you a few mins to complete a transaction.

As the case with most others, I got all the way to Paypal on BB and gone. It's really sad that TicketMaster, TM of all companies, can somehow do this better where you don't lose something you're paying for. And they do it for things that are often far more expensive than this and sell out faster. They still give you a few mins to complete a transaction.
Ticket scalping is something that has been prevalent for several years. Their websites have had appropriate amounts of time to work out all the kinks with huge traffic and bots. In the tech world, this excessive botting is still relatively new. I'd say that this year is the first one where it is noticeably bad.

The scalpers are like great white sharks... the minute they get a taste of that graphics card blood they're going to keep slamming these sites with bots and depleting any available inventory until people start to loose interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back