Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tables have turned lol.

Seems that way. If they had kept the 250w max TDP efficiency gains would have looked better but it would be probably as underwhelming as Turing, performance wise.

I don't know if AMD can deliver better hardware (no, I think they are still too far behind), but now I am inclined to at least believe they might get really close and somewhat competitive, just with worse software and features as usual (sadly a total deal breaker for me).

Seems that way. If they had kept the 250w max TDP efficiency gains would have looked better but it would be probably as underwhelming as Turing, performance wise.

I don't know if AMD can deliver better hardware (no, I think they are still too far behind), but now I am inclined to at least believe they might get really close and somewhat competitive, just with worse software and features as usual (sadly a total deal breaker for me).

I really don’t use any nvidia software and I never make a purchase on proprietary tech like dlss. Since there are no guarantees it will work with every game it’s not something I take in to account when making purchase. If amd can get close for cheaper, I’ll give it a shot.

Well, glad I got hit by Hurricane Sally. Did not have to deal with all of this craziness. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: kac77
like this
Wonder if scalpers are also using stolen CC#s too.

Seems like nVidia (and other companies) could nip this in the bud by simply letting people preorder, maybe put down a deposit 50%? 100%? With no returns accepted, and when 95 cards are ordered to the same PO Box in Gewfuqyersef Kentucky they can move that order to the back of the line, or when there is ample stock, ship them all and then some doof will be on the hook for 95 cards

Apparently evga has the 3080 on step up now. Who knows when you'll actually get it, plus it's gonna be pricier.

Apparently evga has the 3080 on step up now. Who knows when you'll actually get it, plus it's gonna be pricier.

I wonder how many chips EVGA even got. The reviews for their cards are pretty sparse...and mostly pretty garbage.

I wonder how many chips EVGA even got. The reviews for their cards are pretty sparse...and mostly pretty garbage.
Yeah, I'd say it's only good for those desperate for some sort of 'pre order'. Have to double dip on shipping and tax if you go that route.

I’m in the step up queue.
It’s for the FTW3 Gaming Ultra @ $809.
You don’t have to double up on tax since the price you pay (and the amount you are taxed on) is the difference. You do pay shipping and you loses out on the promotional game.

You don’t have to double up on tax since the price you pay (and the amount you are taxed on) is the difference. You do pay shipping and you loses out on the promotional game.
The step up page says taxes are ignored from the "what you paid" calculation.

"
  • Add line item price
    • If a product is purchased as part of a Bundle or DIY from EVGA.com, you must subtract the discount applied to all items. See the above FAQ or example below for an explanation on how to determine the correct cost for a Bundle or DIY item.
  • Do not include taxes
  • Do not include shipping
  • Subtract rebates from the line item price
  • Subtract from MSRP as listed on EVGA.

I really don’t use any nvidia software and I never make a purchase on proprietary tech like dlss. Since there are no guarantees it will work with every game it’s not something I take in to account when making purchase. If amd can get close for cheaper, I’ll give it a shot.

NVIDIA filters are pretty much necessary in some games like Warzone so AMD needs an equivalent feature badly. I won’t buy a Radeon because of this missing feature. The OBS nvenc is also a must for me as is shadow play.

How long is the queue for step up? Is it cross shipped or do you mail first and wait? Who pays for shipping?

How long is the queue for step up? Is it cross shipped or do you mail first and wait? Who pays for shipping?
The page says you pay return shipping.

"
You have purchased a graphics card for $299.99, tax was $26.25 and $10.25 in shipping, you also took advantage of a $30.00 rebate from EVGA. The product you wish to Step-Up to is listed as MSRP of $399.99.

• Add $299.99
  • Ignore $26.25 tax and $10.25 shipping
  • Subtract $30.00 for rebate to get $269.99
  • Subtract $269.99 from $399.99
  • $130 is the cost of this example, plus return shipping and applicable taxes

The page says you pay return shipping.

Ha that’s not cheap either because from what I remember EVGA requires the package be insured. I just mailed my 2080 ti to NY to a hardforum member and it cost more than $60. So unless you’re from CA or a near by shipping zone, prepare to pay out the ass for shipping to EVGA.

Ha that’s not cheap either because from what I remember EVGA requires the package be insured. I just mailed my 2080 ti to NY to a hardforum member and it cost more than $60.
I considered it until I saw that page. They're gonna get every cent possible from you. If you refunded the card, you get the tax back. Not with step up it seems.

I considered it until I saw that page. They're gonna get every cent possible from you. If you refunded the card, you get the tax back. Not with step up it seems.

Yeah it doesn’t seem worth it especially since that queue could be really long given the demand for the 3080. Then there’s the shipping cost I mentioned above.

The step up page says taxes are ignored from the "what you paid" calculation.

"
  • Add line item price
    • If a product is purchased as part of a Bundle or DIY from EVGA.com, you must subtract the discount applied to all items. See the above FAQ or example below for an explanation on how to determine the correct cost for a Bundle or DIY item.
  • Do not include taxes
  • Do not include shipping
  • Subtract rebates from the line item price
  • Subtract from MSRP as listed on EVGA.

My card was $299 plus tax. I paid $510 plus $48.45 in taxes. I only paid EVGA for the taxes on the $510. Not the $809.
I also had to pay shipping ($10) and I will have to pay shipping for my card to them.

no clue how long the quene is.
I don’t ship my card until they are ready for it

Lies. Bots will take all these cards out within seconds. I fully suspect to not see a 30x0 card anywhere in stock for purchase until at least next year.

Hopefully not. I would think the number of people willing to pay scalper prices for this is relatively low compared to the number of people who want a card. I imagine in a couple of months it won't be profitable anymore.

people will pay scalper prices as long as the price is not too crazy...doubling or tripling the price is crazy but you can probably re-sell it easily for $1000 or so

people will pay scalper prices as long as the price is not too crazy...doubling or tripling the price is crazy but you can probably re-sell it easily for $1000 or so
Yes especially when the 2080TI is the $1200 retail (new) alternative.

Or the 3090 is the $1500 retail (new) alternative.

2080 Ti is now regularly around $600 and it's essentially a 3070 at least. If you buy a card for 700+tax and sell on fleabay for 1000, your best case profit scenario is 150 minus the usual ebay headaches that may arise if things go bad for some reason.

Most scalpers I have seen are selling (or attempting to sell) at $1500+. At that price it just doesn't make sense to me, but apparently people are still buying them.

Most scalpers I have seen are selling (or attempting to sell) at $1500+. At that price it just doesn't make sense to me, but apparently people are still buying them.
I hope those buying them have the sense to open a not as described case against them in 30 days, causing them to lose money all around and getting a free 30 day card rental. The scalpers truly deserve that. Need a probable cause? let's see how does coil whines randomly, random artifacting, random black screens etc. etc. sound?

Same here with my 2070 Super looking at the same upgrade card.

My card was $299 plus tax. I paid $510 plus $48.45 in taxes. I only paid EVGA for the taxes on the $510. Not the $809.
I also had to pay shipping ($10) and I will have to pay shipping for my card to them.

no clue how long the quene is.
I don’t ship my card until they are ready for it
Ah, so the 2nd tax is just on the difference?

Same here with my 2070 Super looking at the same upgrade card.
Same here, bought a 2070 Super Black edition with giftcards. Will cost me $324 + my shipping cost to them total for this 3080. Too lazy to even take the 2070 out of the box. I'll probably use this RX580 until the 3080 comes unless I'm still waiting in queue when Cyberpunk releases.

I wonder how long it would take to get a card via Step Up - I would think those would be mostly shipped after the end of major demand.

I wonder how long it would take to get a card via Step Up - I would think those would be mostly shipped after the end of major demand.

I wouldn't think they'd start moving that queue anytime soon. Why would they move inventory via step up when they can get full price?

I'd be more concerned about getting locked in to a 10GB card queue via step up and then having the 20GB cards drop. Either way, I wouldn't buy an old gen EVGA for the sole purposes of stepping up.

I wouldn't think they'd start moving that queue anytime soon. Why would they move inventory via step up when they can get full price?

I'd be more concerned about getting locked in to a 10GB card queue via step up and then having the 20GB cards drop. Either way, I wouldn't buy an old gen EVGA for the sole purposes of stepping up.
Not interested in an at best $899 20GB founders priced 3080 that would probably make the FTW3 version $1009 if they follow the base 3080 prices. Will get one of these skip the refresh then upgrade on the next architecture. I've got one last order pending that says 27th of Sep as an expected date, but I've spent too much time trying for one of these cards. Unfortunately I get to do this again to help the wife get a 3090 this week. But if the other preorder ships and she doesn't get a 3090 that will be her card and I'll wait for the EVGA to get to me.

Paaaaappppeerrr laauunnchhhhh.

Didn’t bother looking much over the weekend but am going to start casually checking bestbuy/evga/nvidia.

Features don't need to work in "every" game for them to be useful especially when the competition isn't offering anything at all. AMD's problem is they have zero value add features vs the competition.

Same here, bought a 2070 Super Black edition with giftcards. Will cost me $324 + my shipping cost to them total for this 3080. Too lazy to even take the 2070 out of the box. I'll probably use this RX580 until the 3080 comes unless I'm still waiting in queue when Cyberpunk releases.

I would have waited, but my 90 day window was over in about a week. So if I was going to do something it had to be soon.

Reactions: Mylex
like this
They been removing models from MC page over the weekend. They are down to 2 models now vs 12 they showed at launch. Granted they only ever stocked 2 of them.

Watching the chat at nowinstock.

We have a very low chance at getting these cards unless you do a preorder or back order type situation or find one in store.

The botters are thick and have automatic full checkout scripts for newegg, bestbuy, and nvdia, etc. — despite Newegg saying they don’t allow botters.

Some of the botters participate in the chat saying they can’t even get a card for personal use, and some are sharing their tools and scripts because they think the other botters have crossed the line.

If we can’t beat em- we may have to join em.

On Saturday morning I did get into a backorder queue at Adorama. No idea how long that queue is, but at least I have some reasonable hope to get a card. I don’t think I’m ever going to beat an automatic checkout boy until demand dies down, and inventory massively shoots up. And that won’t happen anytime soon. These are still valuable cards for crypto and for scalpers.

On Saturday morning I did get into a backorder queue at Adorama. No idea how long that queue is, but at least I have some reasonable hope to get a card. I don’t think I’m ever going to beat an automatic checkout boy until demand dies down, and inventory massively shoots up. And that won’t happen anytime soon. These are still valuable cards for crypto and for scalpers.
Someone reached out to Adorama customer support a few days ago asking when the back orders were likely to be fulfilled and they said in 1-2 months. Someone reached out ot Adorama customer support this morning and they said no ETA. So either the first rep was just guessing or Adorama told the customer service reps to not tell customers 1-2 months to avoid order cancellations.

ARGGGGHHHH.....ok guys start looking....I see the buy now button on Nvidia.com for the 3080...but it's not working....

1600698256820.png

1600698290202.png

ARGGGGHHHH.....ok guys start looking....I see the buy now button on Nvidia.com for the 3080...but it's not working....
That happens from time to time and no one can ever checkout when it happens. So either its a bug on the site or the cards are being instantly bought out by bots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back