Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't believe 3090 at my MC in Parkville are selling out MSI 3090 for nearly $2300. There was 7 this morning and 1 still in stock. What's even weirder they had 2 evga 3090ftw ultra and only sold 1 of them. They still showing showing 25+ of the MSI Gaming X Trio 3070 for $785. Just a month ago I brought a 3080 for $25 more. So insane.

Oh I was so close to nabbing a 3070 tuf this morning. I was on my computer and got the notification. It was actually in my cart! First time that has ever happened. But of course, checkout failed to the bot. Some scalper is going to make $200 off it.

I still can't believe 3090 at my MC in Parkville are selling out MSI 3090 for nearly $2300. There was 7 this morning and 1 still in stock. What's even weirder they had 2 evga 3090ftw ultra and only sold 1 of them. They still showing showing 25+ of the MSI Gaming X Trio 3070 for $785. Just a month ago I brought a 3080 for $25 more. So insane.
There seems to be a high number of failures for the evga 3090 ftw ultra 3. People probably avoid evga unless they are really desperate and are not afraid of the RMA process.

Last edited:
There seems to be a high number of failures for the evga 3090 ftw ultra 3. People probably avoid evga unless they are really desperate and are not afraid of the RMA process.

Id be interested in hearing stats around this.

Oh I was so close to nabbing a 3070 tug this morning. I was on my computer and got the notification. It was actually in my cart! First time that has ever happened. But of course, checkout failed to the bot. Some scalper is going to make $200 off it.

Yea I experienced it with the ftw 3 ultra 3080 myself. Still rather take the chance with the evga for nearly $400 price difference.

3070 bundle day... Those power supplies look awful. Maybe the 750GA is good for a budget build?

Another day, another shuffle. Vol 345234.

Shuffle

I saw over on the evga forums I think it was that someone won the shuffle but newegg sold out before even 1 hour had passed. So if you buy from these assholes make sure you do it asap. Apparently winning isn't a guarantee even inside of the 2 hr window.

It's the idiots running the 450-500W bioses 24x7 that mostly have that. What did they expect?
On the bright side their RMA is second to none.

Nah it is not true. I looked at a lot of the posts and many people have more than adequate power supply and specs. There is a problem with some of the cards.

Nah it is not true. I looked at a lot of the posts and many people have more than adequate power supply and specs. There is a problem with some of the cards.
That's problematic, hope they fix it soon. Knowing EVGA they will and you won't be out of a card more than a week tops if that.

That's problematic, hope they fix it soon. Knowing EVGA they will and you won't be out of a card more than a week tops if that.
Well today makes it a week since I sent the card. Granted it is on ups mostly since it is going cross country. They should be getting it today.

Many of the red light of death issues include an audible pop. The FTW3 cards have fuses and people are speculating that one pops and the GPU “dies”. Likely as a means to save the card from potentially frying.

If that’s the case, the fuses could be working as intended or they are defective and popping too easily. Either way the blown fuses are likely easy repairs. With customers paying for RMA shipping (for GPUs older than 30 days), EVGA is probably not losing much money on the repairs by simply replacing the blown fuse. But they could end up losing in reputation.

The XC3 cards do not have the fuses (don’t pull nearly as much power either) and I’ve seen maybe 5-10 red light of death reports for them. Most of them being DOA in the first place. While for FTW3 cards I could probably create a list as long as a CVS receipt of all the reports of failed cards I’ve seen online; probably a couple hundred now across 3080 and 3090 FTW3 models. The difference in number of reports is so stark that I don’t think even the sales difference between the XC3 and FTW3 variants can come close to make up for it.

Unfortunately, EVGA has been mostly quiet about this for months. A tech only commented in one of the many threads on the EVGA forum about this to say that the failures only seem more common than they actually are because the forum doesn’t represent the number of working cards. Hard to say at this point if that is true or if it’s just damage control. We won’t know unless we get some official numbers which I doubt we ever will.

Unofficial poll and I am not even sure it would be accurate. Maybe the people that have good EVGA cards don't bother or go there, but here it is

https://forums.evga.com/3080-3090-Poll-139-Failed-1-Good-m3192303.aspx
Many of the red light of death issues include an audible pop. The FTW3 cards have fuses and people are speculating that one pops and the GPU “dies”. Likely as a means to save the card from potentially frying.

If that’s the case, the fuses could be working as intended or they are defective and popping too easily. Either way the blown fuses are likely easy repairs. With customers paying for RMA shipping (for GPUs older than 30 days), EVGA is probably not losing much money on the repairs by simply replacing the blown fuse. But they could end up losing in reputation.

The XC3 cards do not have the fuses (don’t pull nearly as much power either) and I’ve seen maybe 5-10 red light of death reports for them. Most of them being DOA in the first place. While for FTW3 cards I could probably create a list as long as a CVS receipt of all the reports of failed cards I’ve seen online; probably a couple hundred now across 3080 and 3090 FTW3 models. The difference in number of reports is so stark that I don’t think even the sales difference between the XC3 and FTW3 variants can come close to make up for it.

Unfortunately, EVGA has been mostly quiet about this for months. A tech only commented in one of the many threads on the EVGA forum about this to say that the failures only seem more common than they actually are because the forum doesn’t represent the number of working cards. Hard to say at this point if that is true or if it’s just damage control. We won’t know unless we get some official numbers which I doubt we ever will.

Still there for me.
OOS PNY 3070.PNG

Not for me :(

Shuffle has the white edition of the STRIX 3070. But for $800? I don't freakin think so.

Unofficial poll and I am not even sure it would be accurate. Maybe the people that have good EVGA cards don't bother or go there, but here it is

https://forums.evga.com/3080-3090-Poll-139-Failed-1-Good-m3192303.aspx
Saw it. That poll is so poorly made (no way to verify ownership, no way to change votes if card ends up failing, no way to vote if you have more than one card, etc) that it’s pointless. And the person who made it gets offended every time you tell them it’s pointless. They got so upset that they decided to just report how many failed cards there are now and locked the good card poll.

My Discord was lit last night with Amazon drops, I didn't get anything but hope some folks here managed to snag some.

My Discord was lit last night with Amazon drops, I didn't get anything but hope some folks here managed to snag some.

Falcodrin on Twitch just talked about that. Said amazon stock last night was all a lie. Only 5 actual cards were stocked. Very unlikely anyone here got them unless they had a script running to insta-buy.

About ready to give up on a 3090 and use the many to put new cams in my car :LOL:. Or wheels and tires. Decisions, decisions...

Falcodrin on Twitch just talked about that. Said amazon stock last night was all a lie. Only 5 actual cards were stocked. Very unlikely anyone here got them unless they had a script running to insta-buy.
I don't think it was. I had two in my cart. I just wasn't fast enough to check out.

It'd seem like a lie, if I was a hair slower on the draw and saw none in stock out of the probably 50 I clicked on. I was just wasting time on the computer and with the discord notifications of the drops clicking each one over the span of about three hours time.

Rather, I think the alerts were real and it's just the shopping bots reaction time is pretty much instant, whereas humans reaction time, even when clicking instantly can be measured in seconds.

I think the stupid would you like a four year warranty box that Amazon forces you to click no to made me fail on the two I was able to add to cart. Stupid......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back