Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally! I got my EVGA notice just a bit ago....I "think" I signed up for notifications on 10/3? I'm sorry...I forget...I know it wasn't when every one else did...I think it was a week after the official launch date. So it looks like things are moving along now! Good Luck Everyone!
It was likely erroneous if you signed up on 10/3. They are still on 9/16 and 9/17 for 3080s.

https://twitter.com/TEAMEVGA/status/1324414142132879360?s=20

EDIT: Unless you are talking the 3090, then that might be right.

I snagged a 3070 xc3 black earlier...finally :). I will be oc'ing it to the hilt and then calling it good. So glad I didn't cave in to a scalper.

EVGA 3070's are moving.

Signed up for a 08G-P5-3751-KR on launch day, 10/29 at 0615.
Email notification and purchase on 11/02 at 1851 for MSRP $499.
Arrived today 11/05 via FedEx.

Still waiting for their 3090 and 3080. At this rate, I'll be signing up for a 3080 Ti before those notifications come through.

Last edited:
So for anyone that managed to snag a Zotac card, did you get it relatively quickly? I think I just managed to buy a 3090. Doh! Got tired of trying to get something.

Where'd you get it?
newegg mobo combo. I'm pretty sure I got lucky and saw it right when it came in stock. I can use the z390 mobo as a backup for my 9900ks or possibly in a second system if I don't sell it.

Last edited:
Based Bezos shipped my Strix 3080 early! Gets here tomorrow! In the words of Borat, great success!

CEBE12C5-8ED4-40BB-A4DC-1C0EE7B1F6C9.png

Good for you, I'm glad to see some people able to order cards. I haven't been able to get a card in a long time
PM me and I’ll send you an invite to a telegram group that has a really good bot that picks up on inventory. I got mine because Amazon notified me before the bots caught on but the next day there were more Strix and the telegram bot caught it before others and 3-4 people snagged a Strix.

So, something weird is going on with the Microcenter near me and possibly other stores?? Good news however?? Maybe, you be the judge. They are getting in cards that they are NOT listing on their website and or handing out vouchers for. Before someone says, "impossible" ..... this has happened to several people waiting in-line over the last few weeks and maybe longer so much so that a pattern is starting to emerge. The morning of the 5th, yesterday, there were about 40 to 50 people in-line for the new Zen 3. I actually went to pick up a 5950x, they had none so I settled on a 5900x and was handed a voucher for one ( future build maybe ) and continued to wait in-line until the store opened. Finally, they came out and announced that they were only letting in the first 25 people in-line at a time into the store. We shuffle in, I hit the corner leading to the BYOC area and run into a wall of employees asking us if we need help with anything, did we want a warranty, you name it, they were offering it. In short, a lot of people were building PC's that morning, etc, as to be expected with a new CPU launch. Since I had a 5900x voucher I did casually mention I was also wanting the new Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero. He says, "lets go look" .. we head back there and he then says, "do you need a graphics card as well?" before I answer he says "we have a lot of new models in" and "are you looking for anything specific?" I basically reply ... hrmmmm. He then says, we have some new Asus Strix in. We have the 3080's and 3090's ... I tell him basically ... bullshit. Anyways, enough with the long stories. I call his bluff and say, yeah, I want the Asus Strix 3090. 7 or 8 minutes later, he returns and I have an Asus Strix RTX 3090 with his sticker on it.

This is the 3rd time this has happened to me personally. But I am hearing from the other regulars in-line, new guys, randoms, etc that this has happened to them as well. So not sure what is going on. Could be a new sales tactic to keep vouchers out of the hands of ( censored word ) and instead offer them to people building a new PC. The problem with this is, people are waiting in-line every single day, some for hours and, this is happening. I'm talking new people, regulars in line, randoms, etc. It could also be more trucks are coming in, etc. I don't really know.

So if you go to your local Microcenter and DO NOT get a voucher, wait I guess, go in and get someone to help you and mention you are looking for graphics cards, cpu's, a new system, etc. And see what unfolds. However, other mornings, they do hand out vouchers. So who really knows. I do know many guys have scored new cards WITHOUT vouchers recently. Could also be that no one bothered to check the truck and make vouchers for the people outside. Seems logical.

Sorry for the long post. Hope this information helps someone score a new video card at your local Microcenter. Also, they are now handing out a free code for COD Black Ops Cold War, pretty sweet as it's a $59 value.

Attachments

• PXL_20201105_200737481.jpg
    PXL_20201105_200737481.jpg
    598.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
So, something weird is going on with the Microcenter near me and possibly other stores?? Good news however?? Maybe, you be the judge. They are getting in cards that they are NOT listing on their website and or handing out vouchers for. Before someone says, "impossible" ..... this has happened to several people waiting in-line over the last few weeks and maybe longer so much so that a pattern is starting to emerge. The morning of the 5th, yesterday, there were about 40 to 50 people in-line for the new Zen 3. I actually went to pick up a 5950x, they had none so I settled on a 5900x and was handed a voucher for one ( future build maybe ) and continued to wait in-line until the store opened. Finally, they came out and announced that they were only letting in the first 25 people in-line at a time into the store. We shuffle in, I hit the corner leading to the BYOC area and run into a wall of employees asking us if we need help with anything, did we want a warranty, you name it, they were offering it. In short, a lot of people were building PC's that morning, etc, as to be expected with a new CPU launch. Since I had a 5900x voucher I did casually mention I was also wanting the new Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero. He says, "lets go look" .. we head back there and he then says, "do you need a graphics card as well?" before I answer he says "we have a lot of new models in" and "are you looking for anything specific?" I basically reply ... hrmmmm. He then says, we have some new Asus Strix in. We have the 3080's and 3090's ... I tell him basically ... bullshit. Anyways, enough with the long stories. I call his bluff and say, yeah, I want the Asus Strix 3090. 7 or 8 minutes later, he returns and I have an Asus Strix RTX 3090 with his sticker on it.

This is the 3rd time this has happened to me personally. But I am hearing from the other regulars in-line, new guys, randoms, etc that this has happened to them as well. So not sure what is going on. Could be a new sales tactic to keep vouchers out of the hands of ( censored word ) and instead offer them to people building a new PC. The problem with this is, people are waiting in-line every single day, some for hours and, this is happening. I'm talking new people, regulars in line, randoms, etc. It could also be more trucks are coming in, etc. I don't really know.

So if you go to your local Microcenter and DO NOT get a voucher, wait I guess, go in and get someone to help you and mention you are looking for graphics cards, cpu's, a new system, etc. And see what unfolds. However, other mornings, they do hand out vouchers. So who really knows. I do know many guys have scored new cards WITHOUT vouchers recently. Could also be that no one bothered to check the truck and make vouchers for the people outside. Seems logical.

Sorry for the long post. Hope this information helps someone score a new video card at your local Microcenter. Also, they are now handing out a free code for COD Black Ops Cold War, pretty sweet as it's a $59 value.
That's worse than trying to buy a Submariner from a Rolex AD

I already have a 3080, but hoping for the rest that at some point that all these scalpers run out of expendable cash and then get stuck with all these products.

The only thing that's going to make this go away is actual production and inventory. Why blame the scalpers for trying to make a buck? Blame Nvidia.

Pretty funny seeing notifications for the Zotac cards in the morning on the Zotac website then in the afternoon seeing the same cards for sale on Amazon for triple the price.

That’s pathetic, over a month behind on filling those orders. I hope amd has stock and steals all this market share from them

AMD already stated there will be supply issues. They said that there is some substrate or substrate prep material that both they and Nvidia get from a single vendor, and they aren't getting it, so they can't produce the volume of chips they would be able to if they did.

We've hit a huge demand spike in the industry and bottlenecks in the supply chain. We have two major consoles launching. We have the latest iphone launch, complete with new cpu. We have apple shopping for more arm cpu supply for laptops. We have nvidia trying to launch a new arm cpu. We have two complete video card line ups both of which use very large chips. We have intel leaving their walled garden and looking to buy fab time. We have AMD launching ZEN3.

Then to all that you add increased consumer demand for these products and a scalper market honed to a razors edge by people collecting ugly sneakers since the last big release of most of these things.

It's not going to magically get better anytime soon. Maybe by April the supply chain will be operating close to normal.

The only thing that's going to make this go away is actual production and inventory. Why blame the scalpers for trying to make a buck? Blame Nvidia.
I blame both - on the scalper side, primarily bots that are snatching up cards before any human has a chance.

AMD having any sort of supply of 6000 cards may also help.

AMD already stated there will be supply issues. They said that there is some substrate or substrate prep material that both they and Nvidia get from a single vendor, and they aren't getting it, so they can't produce the volume of chips they would be able to if they did.

We've hit a huge demand spike in the industry and bottlenecks in the supply chain. We have two major consoles launching. We have the latest iphone launch, complete with new cpu. We have apple shopping for more arm cpu supply for laptops. We have nvidia trying to launch a new arm cpu. We have two complete video card line ups both of which use very large chips. We have intel leaving their walled garden and looking to buy fab time. We have AMD launching ZEN3.

Then to all that you add increased consumer demand for these products and a scalper market honed to a razors edge by people collecting ugly sneakers since the last big release of most of these things.

It's not going to magically get better anytime soon. Maybe by April the supply chain will be operating close to normal.

Generalizing:
The pain of needing the latest and the greatest. Spending more time chasing out of stock items than being satisfied using their current PC.

I went to Microcenter when their site stated they had 5 MSI 3080 gaming trios in stock. I get up there and was told they were all gone and apologize because the site was not updating properly. Several other people came up right after I did and received the same answer. Good thing i work only 2 miles away from them or I would be pissed.

Had a similar experience at my local Microcenter yesterday. Pre-ordered one of the new Ryzens from B&H but since I have no idea when that will ship went to check if I couldn't score one at Microcenter which showed they had a decent amount in stock. Didn't wait in line before opening but got there around 11am. They had already sold out of the new processors but hadn't updated the site. Asked the worker I was speaking with how often they get in Nvidia 3000 series and he had a voucher for EVGA 3080 XC3. Handed it to me and I was able to pick one up at the checkout area of the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back