Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
bestbuy had cards in stock, couldnt get passed checkout and OOS again

Got an order processed/ready to ship notification from EVGA. Only a single charge to my CC after all that chaos, too. Looks like things are good to go.

I feel like this morning with the EVGA elite member only offering was my best chance so far. Just didn't make the cut I guess.

For anyone else that got to the review and place order screen but got the spins/crash. It may be worth emailing the evga webmaster. They looked into my timestamp and confirmed the system just didn't have the stock but it looks like some others on twitter got better answers.

1600968815751.png

I keep seeing scalper-price cards show up on Amazon, which annoyingly keeps wigging out my Distill notifications

Lowest I saw was $919 for an Asus TUF.

I keep seeing scalper-price cards show up on Amazon, which annoyingly keeps wigging out my Distill notifications

Lowest I saw was $919 for an Asus TUF.
Same. I'd take the TUF at that price, honestly. Was $1399 most of yesterday, and a sketch as fuck seller.

At least stuff going in and out of stock shows that there *is* stock, I guess we just have to wait for scalpers to get bored or people to stop paying scalper prices.

If I'm going to pay that much I'd get a fancier card. I can wait until MSRP.

That may be a very long time, which is my fear - thinking back to the crypto insanity of 2 years ago. From what one of the WB companies said, the TUF is a custom PCB, so I'm assuming ASUS put some effort into it.

Provantage said mid-to-end of December for expected shipping on the 3080s. This is from my orders on the 16th and 17th.

December? Provantage never even had the orders in to begin with. They just collected money THEN ordered additional cards.

I honestly think there is an issue with many of the AIB cards that is causing them to crash in games and they're being reworked. Would explain why several sites are saying they won't have stock in until late October or November.

Well, I guess if we have to wait then AMD gets their shot. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Doesn't hurt to wait and see what they offer. Let this whole 30x0 situation calm down and unfold both from a supply and potential design issues perspective.

Provantage said mid-to-end of December for expected shipping on the 3080s. This is from my orders on the 16th and 17th.

Which did you order? I ordered the vanilla EVGA with no backplate. I called Monday and they said expected ship date of 9/24. I called them yesterday, on 9/24 around 3:30 PM and they said their computer is still showing an estimated ship date of 9/24. Here's what their order status page on their website is showing. Is yours the same?

Order #xxxxxxx - In progress
Wednesday, September 16, 2020
The supplier has not provided us with a firm shipping date.
Items Yet to Ship
EVGA1C1
10G-P5-3881-KR. EVGA Geforce RTX3080 XC3 Black 10G @ 745.02 each
- 1 item awaiting confirmation by regional warehouse.

They already charged my CC. There's no way in hell I'm waiting until December to get this card. If it's going to take that long, I'm going to cancel and just wait until they're more plentiful, or after seeing what AMD has up their sleeve.

Which did you order? I ordered the vanilla EVGA with no backplate. I called Monday and they said expected ship date of 9/24. I called them yesterday, on 9/24 around 3:30 PM and they said their computer is still showing an estimated ship date of 9/24. Here's what their order status page on their website is showing. Is yours the same?

Order #xxxxxxx - In progress
Wednesday, September 16, 2020
The supplier has not provided us with a firm shipping date.
Items Yet to Ship
EVGA1C1
10G-P5-3881-KR. EVGA Geforce RTX3080 XC3 Black 10G @ 745.02 each
- 1 item awaiting confirmation by regional warehouse.

They already charged my CC. There's no way in hell I'm waiting until December to get this card. If it's going to take that long, I'm going to cancel and just wait until they're more plentiful, or after seeing what AMD has up their sleeve.

I had that one ordered on the 17th (showing the same status) and then that dorky Eagle on the 16th. Both cards today were stated with ETAs of December before shipping.

Reply to your update invoice and ask when they are shipping. I would assume they should all be on the same page whether email/call, but who knows. And I have charges on my card already too...

EDIT: Both emails were unique in their responses, not just copied and pasted between reps.

Last edited:
That may be a very long time, which is my fear - thinking back to the crypto insanity of 2 years ago. From what one of the WB companies said, the TUF is a custom PCB, so I'm assuming ASUS put some effort into it.

Custom board TUF and Strix look to be the ones to get. I wouldn't go anywhere near that Zotac, not with these crashing issues being reported.

Definitely going to just wait a few weeks for my Amazon order of my EVGA 3080 card to be fulfilled and not place any orders in the meantime. Will give me a good amount time to get more informed about this issue and if I want to move forward.

Lol just my luck was able to get the MSI Ventus 3080 off Best Buy. At least with Amazon and local BestBuy the return process is easy. Though I suspect if issue is power delivery, Nvidia can spin up a new firmware that limits whatever the issue is. I think 5700xt had similar issue with black screen and I think memory timing issue with different vendor memory chips, they probably had adjusted timings per memory chip type.

Scary, some 3080's may cause problems, some don't, I might just wait it out till next rev.

Might be a blessing in disguise that some of us are being forced to wait on things to shake out.
I was never going to be going on on the 3080, my sights were on the 3070, and who knows I may even wait for the 3070ti if necessary. But it is nice to see how this all plays out, things just aren't quite as black and white.

I am curious though how much the price difference of the cheap vs good capacitors are when bought at manufacturing quantities.

Lol just my luck was able to get the MSI Ventus 3080 off Best Buy. At least with Amazon and local BestBuy the return process is easy. Though I suspect if issue is power delivery, Nvidia can spin up a new firmware that limits whatever the issue is. I think 5700xt had similar issue with black screen and I think memory timing issue with different vendor memory chips, they probably had adjusted timings per memory chip type.

I think that was with the Vega HBM not Navi.

I'm surprised that the Ventus was actually in stock. It's been glitched since launch as showing in stock, but never actually being in stock.

Wel was looking to snag a 3080 off Best Buy been checking everyday but with all this shit going on and almost even of setember I might as well wait for big Navi and see what amd has to offer. Was going to do that anyways and selling 3080 but all this shit has put me off with everyone talking about crashes lol. Even hardware unboxed reported issues. Just going to chill out for a bit.

Wel was looking to snag a 3080 off Best Buy been checking everyday but with all this shit going on and almost even of setember I might as well wait for big Navi and see what amd has to offer. Was going to do that anyways and selling 3080 but all this shit has put me off with everyone talking about crashes lol. Even hardware unboxed reported issues. Just going to chill out for a bit.

I'm going either FE or Asus Tuf...if I can find one. Those are safe.

Yeah got lucky for some reason add cart was available when I decided to check around Thursday 11pm ish PST. I prefer to Best Buy as return is really no hassle where I live.

I don't care if not Asus or FE as long as not Zotac or Gigabyte as I don't overclock (thank goodness for G-Sync, you really don't notice 5-10% FPS overclock may give), easy return with BB if faulty, and I know myself so probably upgrading in year or two so don't care about longevity either.

Whenever stock gets decent. I wanted a 3080 right away, but not worth the effort and time to hunt. It's a videocard, not toilet paper. lol
Or paper towel cuz I didn’t get that shit at samsclub for 2 weeks. Finally snagged some last week.😂😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back