Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confucius say, "May you live in interesting times!"

I 'd say we are living in interesting times... nVidia and aMd can go fuck themselves now...

Who in their right mind is going to pay 3 or more times the MSRP?

Who ever it is is a chump!

My rant is over...

iBUYPOWER - Trace MR Gaming Desktop - Intel i7-11700F - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB - 500GB NVME SSD + 1TB HDD​

$1700
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypo...00gb-nvme-ssd-1tb-hdd/6455411.p?skuId=6455411

OOS. sorry guys that was quick.

Last edited:
The last time crypto collapsed it still lacked institutional support, as a skeptical convert, when people can buy and sell BTC and ETH on paypal like real money, and the biggest pump n pump master aka Musk is tweeting everyday and investing billions in it, I do not see an imminent collapse coming.
I said 6 months. That is not imminent, but not in another century. Crypto will collapse its value is unjustified and unsustainable. The billionaires investing in it got in there when the market was lower and they willcash in some of their crypto and help engineer the collapse so they can buy it cheap again. This is pure speculation and Marx in Capital volume 1 predicted extreme speculation precedes the collapse. he capitalists are seeking to supplement their falling rate of profit from the pandemic not only through investing in vaccines but taking control of speculative vehicles like crypto currencies. Look at Doge it has increased its value in 1 month 1000% !!! You really think this type of foolishness will last forever? GATES AND MUSK will bring on the crash by buying CALLS. THE tide will turn and the small fools who invested their life savings in CRYPTO will be ruined. The graphics market will e saturated with high end Nvidia and AMD cards and prices will for a while drop mcuh closer to MSRP. Then the cycle will eventually begin again.

0-52, I think this shuffle can go screw.
The Newegg shuffle is a hoax designed to make Newegg look "good" . In fact it is way to screw us over even more by unloading shit motherboards and power supplies that we do not need or want so Newegg will rake in more profit. Newegg's profit margins on high end graphics cards has increased from 4% to over 10 per cent. So they are profiting from our misery. I will make sure to buy my card when it is available from another vendor and screw those slimy bastards.

I’ve entered 5 shuffles and haven’t won but my cousin had entered 4 and won twice......

He maybe has spent $1000 at Newegg in the past decade where as I’ve easily spent $8-10k.
Same story with me. But the shuffle is not intriguing me at all. The pricing is disgusting and you get stuck with a crappy power supply or low end motherboard that will be difficult to sell.

The Newegg shuffle is a hoax designed to make Newegg look "good" . In fact it is way to screw us over even more by unloading shit motherboards and power supplies that we do not need or want so Newegg will rake in more profit. Newegg's profit margins on high end graphics cards has increased from 4% to over 10 per cent. So they are profiting from our misery. I will make sure to buy my card when it is available from another vendor and screw those slimy bastards.
It's always worth a shot, even at what we think are inflated prices. This won't stop for years, and has just as much chance to get worse as it does to get better. Next year this time we may very well still be scrambling for 3080s, but thinking 1500 + 900 for a water cooled motherboard is an acceptable combo.

I said 6 months. That is not imminent, but not in another century. Crypto will collapse its value is unjustified and unsustainable. The billionaires investing in it got in there when the market was lower and they willcash in some of their crypto and help engineer the collapse so they can buy it cheap again. This is pure speculation and Marx in Capital volume 1 predicted extreme speculation precedes the collapse. he capitalists are seeking to supplement their falling rate of profit from the pandemic not only through investing in vaccines but taking control of speculative vehicles like crypto currencies. Look at Doge it has increased its value in 1 month 1000% !!! You really think this type of foolishness will last forever? GATES AND MUSK will bring on the crash by buying CALLS. THE tide will turn and the small fools who invested their life savings in CRYPTO will be ruined. The graphics market will e saturated with high end Nvidia and AMD cards and prices will for a while drop mcuh closer to MSRP. Then the cycle will eventually begin again.
Not so sure. It's only the beginning of the institutional money.

Watch this.

Then take into account for BTC to stay the same price the 900 coins created each day have to be worth at least the current market value ($55K) If people think they are worth less and don’t buy them, then the price sinks, if people think they are worth and are willing to pay more for the new mined coins then the price rises. That's ~50 million dollars that is pouring into BTC each and every day in order to keep the coin price at $55k.

It's been hovering around $55K for a couple months now. That’s a lot of money being pumped in and this might be the new minimum baseline of support. (Around $50K)

Last edited:
Same story with me. But the shuffle is not intriguing me at all. The pricing is disgusting and you get stuck with a crappy power supply or low end motherboard that will be difficult to sell.
I'm only entering the rare option for a 3080 without bundled crap. so far my plan's worked as well as most people's enter for everything on offer ones. *sigh*

I entered for that 3080 too. I really want an AMD card at MSRP. I am not paying a premium for a card that lacks DLSS and has basically the same performance as competitor.

It's always worth a shot, even at what we think are inflated prices. This won't stop for years, and has just as much chance to get worse as it does to get better. Next year this time we may very well still be scrambling for 3080s, but thinking 1500 + 900 for a water cooled motherboard is an acceptable combo.
You are definitely wrong about this period of ripoff graphics cards. It will NOT last for years. If it did pc gaming would be dead in 3 to 4 years. It will ease up significantly by 2nd quarter of 2022 when AMD goes 5nm and leaves console production on 6 or 7nm.

You are definitely wrong about this period of ripoff graphics cards. It will NOT last for years. If it did pc gaming would be dead in 3 to 4 years. It will ease up significantly by 2nd quarter of 2022 when AMD goes 5nm and leaves console production on 6 or 7nm.
Please cite sources for your blind optimism? Amd leaving the node won't make a significant enough impact, and aibs & retailers will be slow to release their increased profits.

I think it will be sooner than that. I've been at this for months, and got a 3080 rig AND and Xbox X within 2 days of each other. My Microcenter has been sitting on 25+ of all Ryzen 5000 series for over a week now. Shit is letting up already. It'll still be insanity compared to say 2019, but I bet prices start creeping down. I noticed my 5700XT isn't going for 900+ on eBay anymore. Another good sign.

I think it will be sooner than that. I've been at this for months, and got a 3080 rig AND and Xbox X within 2 days of each other. My Microcenter has been sitting on 25+ of all Ryzen 5000 series for over a week now. Shit is letting up already. It'll still be insanity compared to say 2019, but I bet prices start creeping down. I noticed my 5700XT isn't going for 900+ on eBay anymore. Another good sign.
Not sure why the 750-850 msrp 6700xts keep on going OOS on Amazon, at current ebay prices you are barely breaking even on these. But I thought the same in late Nov when 7xx 3070s were common on ebay, and then again in Jan when 21xx 3090s were common, each time market took a sharp turn higher...

Not sure why the 750-850 msrp 6700xts keep on going OOS on Amazon, at current ebay prices you are barely breaking even on these. But I thought the same in late Nov when 7xx 3070s were common on ebay, and then again in Jan when 21xx 3090s were common, each time market took a sharp turn higher...
Lots of new posts on Reddits ethereum mining sub. People are still buying new cards for the sole purpose of mining.

I just checked, some are going for 1k

6700xt is bad example. It is such a bad value to gamer and miners at over $700 msrp. I don't think people are desperate enough to buy them.

6700xt is bad example. It is such a bad value to gamer and miners at over $700 msrp. I don't think people are desperate enough to buy them.
It's not though, it's gaming performance is close to 3070/2080 ti and it's mining performance is better than 'true' vanilla 3060 without the driver shenanigans (mine did 47 Mh/s at 105w!). But as always happens to me, now that I have sold mine, they will go up 200-300 bucks overnight. 😝 Think I may have answered my own question there lol.

Last edited:
0-57, my luck really is a lemon.
raw.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back