Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
if there was a provision for a 240 rad, a 3090fe with a block would fit nicely...
If they made a full size ATX case just like that I’d buy it. I like the looks but I prefer a full size PC setup and motherboard. (Having gone the HP Slimline way once before)

If they made a full size ATX case just like that I’d buy it. I like the looks but I prefer a full size PC setup and motherboard. (Having gone the HP Slimline way once before)
I think I have outgrown my NR200 already. Its just a struggle to fit full-size parts in this micro machine

LOL.

It's called the Motif Monument, its $200. And i think its beautiful lol. I've sourced all my parts, all i need now is my cablemod cables to arrive and im gold. I'll post pics when im done.

As a professional design engineer with an expert CAD certification, experience doing CAM, machining, and fabrication...and I saw my father-in-law use his press-break a few times - he could make that in about 5 minutes if I gave him a 2-3 page set of drawings; that would take me probably an hour to reverse engineer. Disgusting. Freakin' cool tho. Probably like $20 in material there. haha. I kinda want to send it to our sheet metal guys and see what they say.

As a professional design engineer with an expert CAD certification, experience doing CAM, machining, and fabrication...and I saw my father-in-law use his press-break a few times - he could make that in about 5 minutes if I gave him a 2-3 page set of drawings; that would take me probably an hour to reverse engineer. Disgusting. Freakin' cool tho. Probably like $20 in material there. haha. I kinda want to send it to our sheet metal guys and see what they say.

Lol do it! Call it something else and sell it.

the market is there, make something.

If you build one for ATX or mATX, and cost around $100, i'll buy it :)

Ive lost count, but 0 for the last almost 3 months, and Ive missed 2 out of them accidently
Just search your email for newegg weren't, if you're curious. I've found it only picks up the rejection emails, so look at the total results, and there you go.

I think I have outgrown my NR200 already. Its just a struggle to fit full-size parts in this micro machine

It will definitely FIT the full size components, but keeping them cool is another story. I went back to a full size ATX setup just for a larger case with more airflow. The perils of ITX I guess. The NR200 was the closest I've come to getting what I want though. It just wouldn't work with a 5950x and a 3090FE.

I'm still baffled as to why Best Buy has them "Online Only"...last I checked when you have a retail store front, it's all about foot traffic.
Have you been to a BB recently? They don't have shit in their stores other then TVs and display appliances. They are starting to look like Fry's. BB will shut all stores down in the future and move to online only.

Last edited:
Have you been to a BB recently? They do have shit in their stores other then TVs and display appliances. They are starting to look like Fry's. BB will shut all stores down in the future and move to online only.
Rumor is their new proposed business model will be smaller stores to house products that customers want to see/hear/feel before purchasing and the rest will be ship to store for pickup.

Rumor is their new proposed business model will be smaller stores to house products that customers want to see/hear/feel before purchasing and the rest will be ship to store for pickup.
Not a bad idea, really. Lower overhead and still can deliver localized, personalized customer service. I still enjoy going in to Best Buys. I am sad to see online stores killing all big box stores with the exception of Walmart.

Have you been to a BB recently? They don't have shit in their stores other then TVs and display appliances. They are starting to look like Fry's. BB will shut all stores down in the future and move to online only.
They won't shut them down, may shut a few and rightsize others since most of the volume is going to be online. Have smaller stores essentially act as order pickup/return points.

Picked up my video card from there a couple of weeks back. It's definitely looking more warehouse like recently. Years ago (just two or three) the stores were well lit, clean, and shiny. The one I went to the other day was a bit dark, the AC was either off or set warmer than it used to be, and gave off a vibe of dinginess. I still wouldn't hesitate to go there for anything they have that I need, and now that they're one of the few places making it reasonable to buy a new video card I'm more likely to buy things from them, but it's looking more like a warehouse already.

Picked up my video card from there a couple of weeks back. It's definitely looking more warehouse like recently. Years ago (just two or three) the stores were well lit, clean, and shiny. The one I went to the other day was a bit dark, the AC was either off or set warmer than it used to be, and gave off a vibe of dinginess. I still wouldn't hesitate to go there for anything they have that I need, and now that they're one of the few places making it reasonable to buy a new video card I'm more likely to buy things from them, but it's looking more like a warehouse already.
I really have no reason to go to BB out side picking up a GPU that I always get stuck at not available in your area when I get to check out. MC has everything I could need and cheaper normally too. I was looking for a ps4 controller the other day and only BB showed they had stock. When to the store and the section was empty with a tag says to get a associate to retrieve the item for you. There was no employees around that could get it for me. The store consisted only of manufacturers sales reps. I went to the online pick up and asked to get one and was told they didn't have any.

I really have no reason to go to BB out side picking up a GPU that I always get stuck at not available in your area when I get to check out. MC has everything I could need and cheaper normally too. I was looking for a ps4 controller the other day and only BB showed they had stock. When to the store and the section was empty with a tag says to get a associate to retrieve the item for you. There was no employees around that could get it for me. The store consisted only of manufacturers sales reps. I went to the online pick up and asked to get one and was told they didn't have any.

There are 977 Bestbuys in the US and 25 Microcenters. They aren't comparable for the vast majority of the people in the country. I'm sure everyone would rather shop at MC, but that's just not feasible.

There are 977 Bestbuys in the US and 25 Microcenters. They aren't comparable for the vast majority of the people in the country. I'm sure everyone would rather shop at MC, but that's just not feasible.
Exactly. If i ever move within 100 miles of a Microcenter I'll be sure to go there when I need a CPU/MB combo. Right now the closest one to me is about a full day's drive (in one direction) away.

It will definitely FIT the full size components, but keeping them cool is another story. I went back to a full size ATX setup just for a larger case with more airflow. The perils of ITX I guess. The NR200 was the closest I've come to getting what I want though. It just wouldn't work with a 5950x and a 3090FE.
5900x and 3080 here
They won't shut them down, may shut a few and rightsize others since most of the volume is going to be online. Have smaller stores essentially act as order pickup/return points.
RadioShack tried that then closed anyway inevitably.

I really have no reason to go to BB out side picking up a GPU that I always get stuck at not available in your area when I get to check out. MC has everything I could need and cheaper normally too. I was looking for a ps4 controller the other day and only BB showed they had stock. When to the store and the section was empty with a tag says to get a associate to retrieve the item for you. There was no employees around that could get it for me. The store consisted only of manufacturers sales reps. I went to the online pick up and asked to get one and was told they didn't
My BB told me last week when picking up PS% that they dont sell Cards in the store to look online.

have any.

I would if there was one remotely close to me. Im jealous of others chose to one. I know I would have gotten at least on GPU at msrp if I did. Id be there al the time looking

5900x and 3080 here

RadioShack tried that then closed anyway inevitably.

My BB told me last week when picking up PS% that they dont sell Cards in the store to look online.

I would if there was one remotely close to me. Im jealous of others chose to one. I know I would have gotten at least on GPU at msrp if I did. Id be there al the time looking
Last time I checked BB was doing quite well financially, they are the sole survivor of the electronic store wars and that won't change unless MC undertakes a massive nationwide expansion, hell if they can open one store in NorCal, that'd be awesome.

Last time I checked BB was doing quite well financially, they are the sole survivor of the electronic store wars and that won't change unless MC undertakes a massive nationwide expansion, hell if they can open one store in NorCal, that'd be awesome.
Yeah Im not driving to LA to buy electronics

Lol if you were guaranteed a 3080 at near MSRP, you could make it a trip to Disneyland. Ebaying the 3080 would pay for Disneyland :)
Well it's not like Disneyland has been open since March of last year, and while they are slated to open up at the end of April bottom line there are so many Disney freaks that will get as many reservations as possible that the chances of just "stopping by" ain't going to happen.

That said, if there was any sort of guarantee of a 3080, yeah while not. There's something to do down there I'm sure :D

They are missing out on a gold mine in the Salt Lake City area of Utah. That valley area has seen steady tech growth for years, and it's only expected to continue. With several universities in the region, a nearly brand new Adobe center, and many other tech businesses moving in (it's a mostly business-friendly state), that seems like an incredible place for a Microcenter. They would have more business than they could handle, with no foreseeable end to it in the future. Right now they are limited to local boutique shops with limited selection, Best Buy with their also limited PC hardware exception, and online which entails a minimum of 1-2 days waiting for your product to show up. Imagine being able to go into a store and buy a stack of cases, motherboards, CPUs, and PSUs for a project. Imagine being able to replace failed parts right away instead of having to wait for Amazon or newegg to ship. It's endless opportunities there for a store like that, in my opinion. With MicroCenter's good name (and the nearest Microcenter being 7-8 hours away in Denver) it seems like an incredibly logical place for a store. It won't put Best Buy out of business. It will help the locals and make Microcenter lots of money above all else.

Well unlike stores like best buy and others that just randomly drop items ensuring that only those with with bot assistance have any chance at getting something at least newegg wins with their method of first doesn't mean first pick

Well unlike stores like best buy and others that just randomly drop items ensuring that only those with with bot assistance have any chance at getting something at least newegg wins with their method of first doesn't mean first pick
I thought the same thing. Bots are always on duty. Humans have to sleep and work and cant check site 24/7

I thought the same thing. Bots are always on duty. Humans have to sleep and work and cant check site 24/7
I want a 6800xt but the only way I’m going to get a card is via the shuffle and that’s been a crapshoot so far. I dislike Nvidia but that may be my only option since it’s all that seems to pop up regularly on the shuffle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back