Official nVidia 1080 Ti in stock thread

I think the bots are out in force. I've been getting in-stock notifications for the AORUS Xtreme and even when you're sitting there when the notification comes, you can't get to Newegg and check out before the item disappears from your cart due to going OOS. I really hope bots aren't scooping these up to re-sell. I believe that happens with ticket sales as well and it makes it a royal PITA for the end customer who usually has to pay a markup.

I think the bots are out in force. I've been getting in-stock notifications for the AORUS Xtreme and even when you're sitting there when the notification comes, you can't get to Newegg and check out before the item disappears from your cart due to going OOS. I really hope bots aren't scooping these up to re-sell. I believe that happens with ticket sales as well and it makes it a royal PITA for the end customer who usually has to pay a markup.
Not bots. You're waiting for notifications which means you're the last to know. There are people sitting either manually hitting F5 all day or running a browser plugin that tells them when a change occurred on the page.

And these people have already prepped their checkout and payment method so they aren't fumbling entering credit card numbers while the cards go back out of stock.

Not bots. You're waiting for notifications which means you're the last to know. There are people sitting either manually hitting F5 all day or running a browser plugin that tells them when a change occurred on the page.

And these people have already prepped their checkout and payment method so they aren't fumbling entering credit card numbers while the cards go back out of stock.

Wow. I don't have that kind of time. I just thought it would be interesting to try since one of the reviewers mentioned bots nabbing them and I wondered if it was true. Already scored my two cards and will likely be selling one since these are brutes and I'm not running triple 4K or anything crazy. Hopefully by the time we have high Hz 4K displays, better cards will be out that won't require SLI for decent frame rates.

^ I don't doubt that some resellers/scalpers have written scripts to nab cards automatically, but there are also those people doing what I mentioned. Point is the notification system alone is too slow given all the faster methods getting the cards first.

Last edited:
No kidding! I have the ROG Strix arriving tomorrow, and it literally was the lottery. I had checked Nowinstock, and followed the link to Newegg cause it was easier, and it said add to cart. Nowinstock still showed out of stock. About 3 seconds later, after placing my order, Newegg was back out of stock. I think afternoons are a little better, but they've been in and out in the mornings too.

Newegg is now taking back orders on AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition. I just got my order in. If you want one just do the back order and save your F5 key,

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125953

Calebe - thank you.

I was able to get one of these thanks to this. I know, I know, I said that I would be happy with the nVidia FE but the more I thought about it this card made more sense.

Originally I was going to keep the FE and watercool using the EVGA Hybrid AIO cooler. But lots of people are upset that the price went up on those and I'm running out of space to put radiators anyway so after reading the glowing reviews of the AORUS Xtreme I decided to go for it.

For about $20 more (my nVidia FE was about $740 after tax) you get guaranteed higher clocks (highest of any air-cooled card yet?), a 4 year warranty, RGB lighting (if you care about that; I don't) and a brute of a cooler which addresses the temps and throttling of the FE. I won't be running SLI so the fact that this card is huge and doesn't exhaust the hot air out the back is not a concern.

I have never bought multiples of a new release card like this, so that's how excited and impressed I am with the 1080 Ti. Keeping the FE and using the Hybrid cooler would have yielded even better temps but would have turned this powerhouse $700 GPU into a nearly $900 GPU, reducing the value factor a bit.

The unbelievable part to me, and what was the decision maker as far as returning my Founder's Edition to nVidia, is that they seemingly have a 30 day refund period where you can return an OPEN card and not have to pay a restocking fee. A full refund for a card I used for 30 days? That's nuts. I was thinking I'd have to eat about a $150 loss after shipping and PayPal and "depreciation", having to sell a like-new 1080 Ti FE in the FS/T forum.

Back