Official nVidia 1080 Ti in stock thread

Yep, I signed up for the alerts this weekend and that's how I ended up purchasing one from nVidia earlier. :)

But I thought a thread here couldn't hurt. If you want INSTANT notifications, nowinstock.net is the way to go.

Lol Ebay at it again as usual:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro....H0.TRS2&_nkw=gtx+1080+ti&_sacat=0&rmvSB=true

I'm gonna wait for the aftermarket coolers before deciding whether to get one to replace my 980 Ti. I hope they release those soon.

I hear ya bro. Was very tempting to wait on the upgraded coolers and inevitable higher clock speeds but I like how the reference cooler exhausts the hot air from the case. Pros and cons...and my eagerness to upgrade prevailed. :p

I too am replacing a 980 Ti, which runs most things surprisingly well at 4K, but this is going to be a sweet upgrade!

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I would say that's a good idea. This is my first FE card and I don't like it. I'm gonna sell it once the MSI gaming one is available.

Mind sharing what you don't like since I just dropped $740 inc. tax on this thing?

Mind sharing what you don't like since I just dropped $740 inc. tax on this thing?

The only thing not to like about the 1080 Ti FE is that it can get LOUD when overclocking, especially in SLI. I removed the front half of the back plate on my lower card and that helped quite a bit. Overclocking a single card isn't nearly as bad on the noise. All in all I think the Ti is a solid upgrade even over the 1080, if you're really pushing games at higher resolutions or using VR.

The only thing not to like about the 1080 Ti FE is that it can get LOUD when overclocking, especially in SLI. I removed the front half of the back plate on my lower card and that helped quite a bit. Overclocking a single card isn't nearly as bad on the noise. All in all I think the Ti is a solid upgrade even over the 1080, if you're really pushing games at higher resolutions or using VR.

Thanks Heatless. My current 980Ti has the reference cooling and it can ramp up when taxed but overall I'm OK with the noise since the heat isn't dumping into my case. Like I said, pros and cons. I'm sure that if I wanted to wait, I would enjoy one of the cards with aftermarket cooling as well. I'm sure they'll be quieter with the caveat of having hot air being flushed into your case, as has always been the case. Nothing new there. I just didn't know if there was something about this particular FE card that Cruis wasn't happy with, like how the original 1080 FE had throttling issues.

I don't plan to go SLI with this card...haven't since the GTX 480. I appreciate the tips and yeah, it should be quite the upgrade since the 1080 itself was a decent bit faster than the 980 Ti.

You'll have to set a custom fan curve to get higher sustained boost rates. I never bothered with the stock FE on the 1080Tis but based on experience with the 1080 and other Pascal cards, I would probably say with the default fan behavior, the card will fluctuate in the 1600-1700s before it starts throttling down due to heat which starts around 74C. If you increase power limit and fan curve to 50-60% you can probably sustain boosts into the 1700 range but that's probably the limit before it gets too loud. With 80-100% ear blowing range you can maybe sustain 1900s.

With hybrid and water you should be able to boost to somewhere between 2000-2100MHz but AVGs will still dip at times due to power limit, and no longer due to thermal limits. Good custom cooling will probably get in the high 1900 and low 2000s as well.

Personally, I would also consider buying a hybrid cooler for the FE, it fits very well and cools amazingly well, and you can get the most out of the 1080Ti which is significant (15-20% based on most reviews that tested on water or hybrid).

Here's AnandTech's default avg clockspeeds with FE

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11180/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-review/16

Thanks, chizow. I might end up going with the hybrid cooler. Looks like the people who modded existing 1080 hybrid coolers to work with the Ti brought temps from the 80s into the 50s so it seems to be the most effective practical solution for hot components.

The cooler sucks (for me) basically. I see the benefit of the FE cooler if you have a small machine and require rear exhaust cooling but the fan on this thing becomes very audible early. I never heard my 980ti in the entirety of owning it and will probably buy the Gaming one once it is released.

The cooler sucks (for me) basically. I see the benefit of the FE cooler if you have a small machine and require rear exhaust cooling but the fan on this thing becomes very audible early. I never heard my 980ti in the entirety of owning it and will probably buy the Gaming one once it is released.

Thanks. We'll see if it's a big deal for me. I've had GTX 480 SLI as mentioned earlier, so I know loud! ;)

If it's an unbearable annoyance I'll switch cards or get that hybrid cooler. I use closed headphones when gaming most of the time, so that helps shield me from any nearby jet engines.

Thanks. We'll see if it's a big deal for me. I've had GTX 480 SLI as mentioned earlier, so I know loud! ;)

If it's an unbearable annoyance I'll switch cards or get that hybrid cooler. I use closed headphones when gaming most of the time, so that helps shield me from any nearby jet engines.

Well...that being said, it's not unbearable. It's just there when it wasn't before, ya know? I kinda got used to not hearing my machine and miss it. :)

I don't see any at Newegg anymore. I got mine a week ago for $715.99 as part of a bundle, but I haven't seen them in stock since. Only the Nvidia store seems to have them available every now and then.

In stock again at nvidia.com

EVGA ones came back in stock overnight around 3:30 EST but I wasn't awake to post. :p

I couldn't take waiting any longer and I fked up twice on launch day losing my carts on Nvidia and Newegg due to being responsible at work, so I found and ordered the cheapes Newegg GTX 1080ti and PSU combo. I can't return the PSU so Ill either sell it or start a new build. Whatever, I'm in gaming heaven right now. I play primarily on my 34" UW 1440p display and this seems to be the sweet spot. The Division, The Witcher 3, Watch Dogs 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Gears of War 4, Call of Duty Infinite warfare and countless others play soooo smooth with everything turned up, even on my LG 4K display. I'm not mad at the extra cost of the PSU ($5 off tho! lol), I'll stuff it in that empty sexy ass Silverstone case I have and build another gaming PC for the living room.

I couldn't take waiting any longer and I fked up twice on launch day losing my carts on Nvidia and Newegg due to being responsible at work, so I found and ordered the cheapes Newegg GTX 1080ti and PSU combo. I can't return the PSU so Ill either sell it or start a new build. Whatever, I'm in gaming heaven right now. I play primarily on my 34" UW 1440p display and this seems to be the sweet spot. The Division, The Witcher 3, Watch Dogs 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Gears of War 4, Call of Duty Infinite warfare and countless others play soooo smooth with everything turned up, even on my LG 4K display. I'm not mad at the extra cost of the PSU ($5 off tho! lol), I'll stuff it in that empty sexy ass Silverstone case I have and build another gaming PC for the living room.

My 1080ti doesn't do well on Rise of the tomb raider at 2560x1440. With everything maxed out, I sometimes hit 70fps but am usually in the 40's. Benchmark sites are reporting 80+ on average.

EVGA in stock @ Newegg

I got one yesterday, shipped out today. I wasn't even sure I wanted one right now but whatever I'll take it for $699 shipped (no tax or shipping). Already sold the game code too.

EVGA was in stock again earlier but I was driving and couldn't post.

PNY in stock now at Best Buy.

Wow, these things are still hard to find? Good thing i pre ordered.

I thought that they were too, but subscribing to nowinstock alerts greatly increases your chances. They still sell out quickly (within minutes in most cases) but it's not too hard to snag one as long as you're near a device where you can make the purchase. As you can see from this thread, they've been restocked daily at several places.

Does anybody know if nvidia is pulling the stupid $100 early adapter tax on the FE versions like they did with the 1080s?

Last edited:
Does anybody know if nvidia is pulling the stupid $100 early adapter tax on the FE versions like they did with the 1080s?

Not that I've heard. I really don't see the 1080 Ti selling for $599 out if the gate considering it's faster than Titan XP, but that would be pretty sweet if it did!

Not that I've heard. I really don't see the 1080 Ti selling for $599 out if the gate considering it's faster than Titan XP, but that would be pretty sweet if it did!
They didn't add the FE "tax" to the 1080ti. Read that on here in [H]ard OCP news when Kyle first mentioned the 1080ti. I can't find the thread for the life of me right now.

I don't think so. This pretty much launched at the same price is 1080 FE, so you can't really complain there. I think at 699 its still a heall of a buy. I really can't believe I am saying this, as much as I hated the 100 FE tax on 1080 this is total opposite.

I don't think so. This pretty much launched at the same price is 1080 FE, so you can't really complain there. I think at 699 its still a heall of a buy. I really can't believe I am saying this, as much as I hated the 100 FE tax on 1080 this is total opposite.

What else can you say really. Nvidia knocked it out of the park with the 1080Ti.

This was a better launch than the original 1080 simply because the only thing close to the 1080 Ti was a $500 more expensive card.

My 1080ti doesn't do well on Rise of the tomb raider at 2560x1440. With everything maxed out, I sometimes hit 70fps but am usually in the 40's. Benchmark sites are reporting 80+ on average.
Really? Playing the game felt so damn smooth and responsive, but I certainly didn't play every section with the 1080ti, so I won't argue about the performance. I know there were some REALLY chuggy sections where it was a slide show for a couple seconds with the 980ti, so I wouldn't be surprised if dips in the 40s were related to those or similar situations. And to be honest, it didn't appear to be a complex scene when it occurred, so I'm thinking the game has some issues in spots. I can't load a level with DX12 enabled using the 1080ti in ROTR -- the game just crashes (never tried with the 980ti).

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on 1080 Ti SLI for my new build, but I'm curious if Asus/EVGA/PNY/etc. will be releasing non-FE editions with hardware tweaks to allow for more performance tweak headroom using MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision. I already plan on watercooling them.

EVGA in stock at B&H

GoGoGo

Two separate 1080 Ti's in stock at different websites simultaneously? WHAT IS HAPPENIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

Back