**OFFICIAL MSI 975X Powerup Edition Thread**

I think I have the warm-reboot issue as well running at FSB 375, but once I hit the reset button it comes right up. I think my board has other issues though as I can't get Dual Core Center to run and I've exchanged several messages with MSI's tech support about it. I had to tell them three times that the program crashes immediately when it's opened (with a CPU Usage Error(3)!) and that I'm not able to use it at all. MSI tech support sent me bios rev 7.39 (apparently not on their website yet, or wasn't at the time of their response) which didn't seem to fix any of my issues so they said to RMA the board back to the distributor. So I'm RMA'ing the board for a refund as I don't feel like dealing with all the issues this board seems to have. Next up I'll be trying an ASUS P5W DH... we'll see how that one does. It'll be my first ASUS board in... well, a very long time.

Dude sorry to hear that, well to be honest this is the fastest board. This board is running 1T command rate, so if you touch 400fsb it means you are running at 450fsb at least of the other boards.

Look at my results, it is damn fast as compare to other boards.

I got sick of all the BIOS issues on this board and returned it for the ASUS P5W.

I will never buy MSI again.

ND4SPD said:
I think I have the warm-reboot issue as well running at FSB 375, but once I hit the reset button it comes right up. I think my board has other issues though as I can't get Dual Core Center to run and I've exchanged several messages with MSI's tech support about it. I had to tell them three times that the program crashes immediately when it's opened (with a CPU Usage Error(3)!) and that I'm not able to use it at all. MSI tech support sent me bios rev 7.39 (apparently not on their website yet, or wasn't at the time of their response) which didn't seem to fix any of my issues so they said to RMA the board back to the distributor. So I'm RMA'ing the board for a refund as I don't feel like dealing with all the issues this board seems to have. Next up I'll be trying an ASUS P5W DH... we'll see how that one does. It'll be my first ASUS board in... well, a very long time.
Your situation is much better than mine, the reboot problem starts for me at 320 FSB !!!. I think I have a combination of BIOS and OCZ memory problems. Anyway except this issue, the board is rock solid, is very fast and I have no single BSOD, no compatibility problem, no USB problem, no nothing. And about the DualCoreCenter, don't return your board because you can't run it, because all MSI software is crap, and MSI support is very poor, to say the least. Please read this http://forum.msi.com.tw/index.php?topic=102496.0. For a monitoring software use Lavalys Everst, is light years better than any MSI software.
And remember that no motherboard is perfect, I've read many problems for the P5W too.

I don't think I'd say I'd never buy MSI again, they're a great company and I've used their boards in probably over a hundred computers I've built for other people (as well as a couple of my own PCs). They're stable, well priced, and I've never really been disappointed before this board. With time I imagine they'll get the bugs worked out of the board, but I don't really feel like waiting for that to happen.

With the P5W I've hit 420 so far and I'm pretty happy with that.

Heh heh heh...I didn't want to buy this board but it was basically my only choice at the time. I had a friend who had an MSI K8 motherboard and from what I saw about his experience with it, I was quite pleasantly surprised when I discovered that my only problems were the weird reboots and the bad BIOS.

MSI can suck it. Oh, well - be happy that you have the [potentially] fastest motherboard for Core 2 Duo overclocking available. That's how I make myself feel better when I can't reboot and have to keep adjusting my RAM speed settings.

Umm mine is running at 430 Solid with 1.5V core which is actually 1.4V in the windows. I might sell it, at some point.

annaconda said:
Umm mine is running at 430 Solid with 1.5V core which is actually 1.4V in the windows. I might sell it, at some point.
When you say "solid" it means without reboot issue ???, and if so, what bios are you using ???

I've checked the lights on the D-Bracket connector, and when the system is hanged after a failed reboot, it is (or it was) testing RTC (Real time clock), because fourth led is red, anybody knows what does it means ??

Viktor92 said:
I've checked the lights on the D-Bracket connector, and when the system is hanged after a failed reboot, it is (or it was) testing RTC (Real time clock), because fourth led is red, anybody knows what does it means ??

Check the Guide which comes with the Motherboard. It has a page that tells you what light means what. If i remember correctly, the fourth light red means memory problem, but it does not mean that your memory is bad.

annaconda said:
Check the Guide which comes with the Motherboard. It has a page that tells you what light means what. If i remember correctly, the fourth light red means memory problem, but it does not mean that your memory is bad.
No this isn't memory problem. As I've said (because the manual says) with the fourth led in red and the rest in green, the board is "Testing RTC (Real Time Clock)", but I don't know what does it means, and what is wrong if the board freezes in that condition.

Viktor92 said:
No this isn't memory problem. As I've said (because the manual says) with the fourth led in red and the rest in green, the board is "Testing RTC (Real Time Clock)", but I don't know what does it means, and what is wrong if the board freezes in that condition.

You miss understood me, read the manual and you will know. You have to reset the motherboard's cmos :D. There is a red small button which you have to press, but make sure your power supply is disconnected wait for 5 seconds, then press the button for 2 seconds. Plug in the power supply back on and start the computer :)

annaconda said:
You miss understood me, read the manual and you will know. You have to reset the motherboard's cmos :D. There is a red small button which you have to press, but make sure your power supply is disconnected wait for 5 seconds, then press the button for 2 seconds. Plug in the power supply back on and start the computer :)
I know the reset button, and I've used it too, but it is only to reset the cmos. I've read again the manual, and I don't find any connection with the D-Bracket. I think I will open a thread with this item.

Annaconda said:
Do you have the reboot issue or not ??, and if not, what bios are you using ???

I've just tried bios v7.3 official, and the reboot issue is still there. In the first reboot at 333 x 9, to my surprise the system shuts down and restarted ok, in the same way that when I change something in the bios and save it. But restarted another 3 times, the last one with PCI-E voltage at 1.6 (the first time I try this) and the system allways hanged. :mad: .

I’ve tried to setup 4 speakers. I plug in front speakers to the green jack, rear speakers to the black jack and select 4 channel configuration from Realtek HD audio manager. But, I do not get sound coming out of rear speakers, only front ones. If I select "side speaker out" for rear speakers, then I got some audio out.
So do 4 channel configuration really means 2 front speakers + 2 side out speakers? The picture on the left also shows 2 front speakers and 2 side out speakers for this 4 CH config. I’m very confused because according to the manual, 4 Channel-Mode includes front channels + rear channels
Nevertheless, all sounds in Windows, for example: when playing back music on Windows Media Player, I could never get anything out except front channels, is that how it should be?

Thanks in advance for any help!

To fix your audio issue hookup your rears to the black jack and program the jack for headphones. This is the only way to get 4 channel sound out of the onboard solution, trust me I tried everything.

I'm working on my first build and am using this board along with an E6400, but I'm having a problem. I just finished putting everything together. If I go into BIOS and change anything (particularly involving the RAM or CPU) it will no longer give me the option to press delete to enter BIOS. Instead, it goes straight to this screen (see pic) and I can't access the BIOS anymore unless I reset the CMOS. Any idea what's going on? I've checked all of my cables and they seem to be right. Also, it's reading my RAM at DDR2-667 even though it's DDR2-800. Is there anyway to get it to detect my RAM correctly without having to change the ratio to 1:1.5?

IMGP0108.jpg

Unless you change your FSB, you're going to have to switch the ratio to 1:1.5. I'm not sure about the other problem. What exactly are you changing that makes you have to reset the CMOS? Are you attempting an overclock?

D_A_M said:
I'm working on my first build and am using this board along with an E6400, but I'm having a problem. I just finished putting everything together. If I go into BIOS and change anything (particularly involving the RAM or CPU) it will no longer give me the option to press delete to enter BIOS. Instead, it goes straight to this screen (see pic) and I can't access the BIOS anymore unless I reset the CMOS. Any idea what's going on? I've checked all of my cables and they seem to be right. Also, it's reading my RAM at DDR2-667 even though it's DDR2-800. Is there anyway to get it to detect my RAM correctly without having to change the ratio to 1:1.5?

Disable everything that may reference the Intel boot agent. Disable boot other devices and whatever it says that isn't hard drives or disk drives should be dead last in boot order.

i have enjoyed fighting the bios on this board..
anyway are you trying to run the cpu and ram at stock speeds?
also have you changed the ram voltage?

The Intel Boot agent thing seemed to do the trick. Now I just gotta wait for Windows to arrive.

d50man - I'm going to run the CPU and RAM at stock speeds for now, but will overclock them a bit.

415 fsb here lil unstable but will put it on water sometime tommorow

Hi,
I've problems with the Realtek ALC882 soundchip on board. I installed the last driver 5.10.00.5324 for the Realtek HD Audio Manger. I can't change the volume for the audio in channels separately. I connected a microphone in mic in and an fm-tuner in line in. I just can adjust volume for all. The control for each audio-in is deactivated. Do you have a solution for this?? Thanks in advance!

p.s.: sorry for my english!

realtekalc882ye1.jpg

windowssoundsg9.png

Hi,
I've problems with the Realtek ALC882 soundchip on board. I installed the last driver 5.10.00.5324 for the Realtek HD Audio Manger. I can't change the volume for the audio in channels separately. I connected a microphone in mic in and an fm-tuner in line in. I just can adjust volume for all. The control for each audio-in is deactivated. Do you have a solution for this?? Thanks in advance!

p.s.: sorry for my english!

realtekalc882ye1.jpg

windowssoundsg9.png

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for or not, but open up Windows XP Volume Control and click Options and then make sure you have the "Advanced Controls" selected. That should open up some more stuff in Volume Control.

Hi D_A_M,
thanks for the answer. I tried this before but the audio in channels are disabled for separate volume control.
I contacted Realtek support and they said that there is no way to adjust volume for each recording item.

That's odd. It would make more sense if you could :rolleyes: Sorry I couldn't help.

I need to know your voltages and bios version
especially PCI-E voltage?
i'm stuck at 400fsb can loosen the ram timings to 5-5-5-15 but still can't get 1mhz more
what kind of cooling are you under?

I think I've got my PCI-E set to 100 (or whatever the default setting was).

cupholder2.0 - How did you get your FSB that high :eek: What kind of cooling are you using?

PCI/MCH voltage is 1.65v (can do with 1.6v as well)
Memory voltage at 2.2v (will work with 2.15v) (Team Xtreem D9GMH ICs)
CPU voltage at 1.43v
Cooling is Thermaltake Big typhoon (air cooling)

I got my fsb up to 450 by using the bios, how else? lol

My max so far has been 475 fsb, not sure if it is stable. Will get back to you guys when I do more testing.

Bios is 716 beta

I need to know your voltages and bios version
especially PCI-E voltage?
i'm stuck at 400fsb can loosen the ram timings to 5-5-5-15 but still can't get 1mhz more
what kind of cooling are you under?

there's a reason why you can't clock that high. Your ram ic's suck. you want a good overclock from budget RAM, and I haven't heard of PQI doing well in the overclocking sector...

For some reason, if I enter the BIOS after I've raised my FSB, it always reverts back to 266. Any idea why? If I just change it and leave the BIOS alone it's fine and will stay at the custom setting. Also, is there a way to enter the BIOS when you can't post? Sometimes when I change things it hangs on the MSI Platinum image and I can't get into BIOS unless I reset the CMOS.

cupholder2.0 - How did you get your FSB:DRAM ratio to stay at 1:1? For some reason, mine is 4:5.

@D A M

What bios are you using? I think that 265 fsb thing you are getting is a bug which only occurs on netburst cpus. Do you have a netburst cpu? (P4/PD?)

I got it to run 1:1 by using bios 716. 716 (in my opinion) is better than the others. Pretty stable and does good OCs. 7.3 is also decent.

Back