**OFFICIAL MSI 975X Powerup Edition Thread**

Federelli said:
Well i also believe that the problem lies in not being able to set the Command Rate for memory it looks like it's being defaulted to 1T.

To those who tested beta bios, do any bios have this option available?

I have been saying all along, if MSI just let us change command rate from 1T to 2T we can go upto 500FSB.

i am in beta 7.22 working with TWIN2 6400C4 and there isn't a option for 2T.But i set manually in bios timing to 4-4-4-12 with 2.1v and cpuz verify it on DDR667.

So spook you got DDR2 667MHz 4-4-4-12 at 2.1V?

I prefer DDR2 800MHZ 5-5-5-12 at 1.8V, let's hope we get a bios update for us to change CT and be able to achieve our rated DDR2 800MHZ 4-4-4-12 at 2.1V

I donno if this is gonna help but i have Gskill DDR2 800 HZ and it works like a charm @ 800 4-4-4-8 @ 2.0V

No problems whatsoever. ;)

I am running Crucial Ballistix 6400 @ 810mhz with 4-4-3-11 timming, but command rate is 1T.

Have anyone else tried BIOS 7.2 with RAID 0?
I am running them for 2 days now and besides all i have heard everything looks fine!!!

Well i tried and it had problem with RAID 0. It did not worked for me, but then i did not tried to disable the JMicron.

have upgrade from 6400 8 x 420 = 3360
to 6600 9 x 420 = 3780 :D
start first time
temps oc
running bios 7.22 beta
have found that the Jmircon controller cause problems :(
No need for it so disable it
has ther been any further bios upgrades that improve matters
Think about change to a 680 chipset but seem to run hot
not so much of a problem when chip sets water cooled

I have been stuck on 7.22 for the longest since none of the newer bioses have RAID 0 working with the jmicron controller enabled. I need to use the jmicron for my second DVD drive, so why can't they just fix it like in 7.22. I ran 415fsb 24/7 and its stable but I'm on water, and would like to get a little more, I believe the command rate is holding us back. Oh and my Klipsch promedia 4.1's will not play the rear speakers with the onboard sound, doesn't matter what I select, does anybody else have this problem?

smokinkane said:
I have been stuck on 7.22 for the longest since none of the newer bioses have RAID 0 working with the jmicron controller enabled. I need to use the jmicron for my second DVD drive, so why can't they just fix it like in 7.22. I ran 415fsb 24/7 and its stable but I'm on water, and would like to get a little more, I believe the command rate is holding us back. Oh and my Klipsch promedia 4.1's will not play the rear speakers with the onboard sound, doesn't matter what I select, does anybody else have this problem?

SORRYYY! You are running at 415 FSB? Would u be king and share with us your bios configuration?

have got 6600 9 x 425 = 3825 :D
runing very stable & quick :cool:
will must likely wait now for the MSI 600 series motherboards until i change
may not be a great deal of point thou as i do not think i can get much further
would be nice to get to / over 4000

I see a lot of talking about the higher FSB off all but no pic or no bios settings to prove it!I can easily say that i have reached 4000Mhz .......

I have an MSI 7900GTX on my MSI975x MB. I've read the dual core center manual and it states that Dual Core Center can also monitor VGA temps and whatnot as long as it's an MSI Graphics card. Currently I am unable to monitor VGA stats on Dual Core Center due to the fact that it is greyed out. Can anyone tell me how to activate this feature?

I'm currently using a MSI 975x PU edition board, and am using a 331 Celly D with it. (to hold me over for a C2D purchase) Unfortunatly, there is limited support for the processor, so I can only OC it from 133 to 165 (stock 20x133 = 2.66GHz, oced to 20x165 = 3.3GHz) Quite disapointing MSI, expecially since I got a prescott with an E0 Stepping.

New Beta bios out 7.39
did not notice any new features
still same overclock 425 x 9
can not see any improvemnt or worse perforance

Now it is official that MSI 975X will support Quad core. MSI should also fix some overclocking issue in its upcoming bios which will update Quadcore support also,

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 420FSB :D

I break the overclock record of MSI 975X Powerup Edition. Ok here is how i did it, there is a bracket come with the motherboard called diagnostic bracket or what ever. There are 4 lights on it to tell you how things are during motherboard posting and starts. There are bunch of codes in the handbook, which tells you what each combination of lights mean.

Ok long story short, i found out one of my memory modules was holding me back.
I have 2 x 1gb crucial ballistix pc6400 4-4-4-12 memory. So i took out the bad or should i say less overclock module. The result is clear, now i am at 420FSB without any problem, with 7.1 official bios. I will update as i go more in testing to see what is my limit. :D
Stay tuned.

2.93.jpg

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO 431FSB :D

VCORE : 1.45 in BIOS shows up 1.41 in windows.
Mem: 4-4-4-12
Memo volt: 2.35v
PCI-e: 1.65v
Spread Spectrum= Disable.
CPU CE1= Disable.
Speedstep= Disable.

3ghz.jpg

So there is no way for me to run my OCZ pc-6400 ram in 800mhz mode, it still says 667. I have a p4 550 cpu.

I'll see what I can do hosting-wise.

2 questions:
1) Does it fix the warm-reboot issues? I'm still on 7.25 or 7.26, and I have to flip the PSU switch every time I hit Reboot from WinXP, or leave the BIOS without saving any changes.
2) Can someone help me out with bootdisk files? No floppy here, and I can't make a bootable USB drive without it. Can someone zip me over the files off your floppy (with hidden), or an image or something?

T-Minus10 said:
I got rid of reboot issues using 7.16.

You can flash using winflash (search for it)

Do you have your CPU overclocked?. Because the booting issue will only effect when you overclock the cpu, if i don;t overclock then there is no booting issue for me.

Hi; I've got one of these things and and I was wondering if SLI works on this board using unofficial drivers (I've read that it doesn't). Does anyone have any confirmed resolution about this?

Xonitex said:
Hi; I've got one of these things and and I was wondering if SLI works on this board using unofficial drivers (I've read that it doesn't). Does anyone have any confirmed resolution about this?

If it does work, good luck finding unofficial drivers that work with your card. The last set I've seen was in the 84's or 85's, I don't believe any 90 series drivers have been hacked to work.

I have tried bios 7.3A and now 7.41, and the reboot issue is still there when I get past 310 mhz FSB. At 333 mhz, with the memory at 666 mhz (333 x 2 x 1) and the processor at 3 Ghz the system runs rock solid, but when I do a warm boot, it hangup. My voltages are all stock (for the memory I've tried up 2.1v) and tried with/without C1E - Speedstep, and the result always is the same. With the same settings, bios and processor I know someone that hasn't any problem, so I'm thinking at my memory as the cause of hangup, but if it runs flawlesly at 777 (310 x 2 x 1.25) why should have problems at 666 (333 x 2) ??. Anyone with the same issue with OCZ memory ???

I have the 975x power up edition and bought the OCZ platinum 800 mhz memory for the system. When I bought the ram and installed it the system would not post. So I bought some cheap 533 ram installed it and the system ran great. I rma'd the OCZ ram and received my replacement sticks which also failed to post. I spoke with OCZ and they said to return the ram to them not where I bought it and they would swap it out for some "retimed" ram. I received their "retimed" ram and it works great at 800 mhz. Call OCZ and request their "retimed" ram. It runs at 5-5-5-15.

Hope this helps, it solved my problem.

skidog said:
I have the 975x power up edition and bought the OCZ platinum 800 mhz memory for the system. When I bought the ram and installed it the system would not post. So I bought some cheap 533 ram installed it and the system ran great. I rma'd the OCZ ram and received my replacement sticks which also failed to post. I spoke with OCZ and they said to return the ram to them not where I bought it and they would swap it out for some "retimed" ram. I received their "retimed" ram and it works great at 800 mhz. Call OCZ and request their "retimed" ram. It runs at 5-5-5-15.

Hope this helps, it solved my problem.
In fact my first memory was OCZ Gold 800 mhz, and also don't post. Then I've changed for OCZ 667, and now I have this problem. OCZ support says that is a motherboard bios problem (in fact many PowerUp users have the same reboot problem with other rams), so I am almost in a dead end, because here in my country (Argentina) the customer support is ugly the most time, so I doubt OCZ will change my ram, if there is any oficial representative.

I'm also from Argentina, umm you should've read my post first, before buying OCZ :p.

Go to wherever you bought your ram and tell them it's not compatible with your mobo and that they didn't warn you about it when you bought it.

I couldn't get my motherboard to run stable with 2 different PowerColor x800gto cards. Has anyone else have any video card compatibility issues?

Problems Problems Problems. All these new motherboard are having more problems every day and these manufactures are raising their prices. :mad:

Well guys, this is the invaluable answer from MSI about the reboot problem and the poor bios options:

We're sorry for that we don't recommend user to overclock the system manually, so it is rarely to test the overclock issue. You can use BIOS feature "Dynamic OverClocking" to enjoy DOT function.

Back