**OFFICIAL MSI 975X Powerup Edition Thread**

Mine is working fine. You make sure you selected the 6.1 channel, it is side ones which work also as a back ones too.

That or if you're doing 5.1, you need to make sure that you select side rear and not side for the non-front speakers.

Is the MSI 975X Powerup Edition with the dual corecell on board and anyone knows if the v2.1 is available in europe?

Strange thing about this board. I set the timmings for memory in BIOS 4-4-4-12 Crucial Ballistix PC6400 2 x 1GB =2GB

But in the windows CPU-Z is showing 4-5-6-12. What the hell? and like i said before we need command rate 2T options, but i like the 1T bandwidth check out the score in SR.

Memory.jpg

Yea that seems to be an issue with these latest bios (Incorrect timings) when you use a program via windows it tells you something different from how you set them in the bios.

Hopefully an issue that they'll have corrected in the next official bios release.

XS.org mentions that the 7.24 beta BIOS is out for this board, can anyone tell me where I can download it? (No Windows install yet, so I need a DOS flasher. :( I'll also take the 7.20/7.19 betas, or 7.10 official.)

Umm i don;t see any link for 724 BIOS. We need to find out real fast. Work on it guys :)

BIOS 7.25's Link is not working. He said he put it on myspace, can some one please track it.

I have just got an MSI 975X Powerup Edition! Could someone tell me if the NB cooling is good or i need to install a waterblock from my watercooling too.

Spook said:
I have just got an MSI 975X Powerup Edition! Could someone tell me if the NB cooling is good or i need to install a waterblock from my watercooling too.

Well if you have it laying around then yes it would help. But other wise don;t spend extra money, i have 80mm fan blowing air on it, which i put it on the top of my video card. :D

annaconda said:
Well if you have it laying around then yes it would help. But other wise don;t spend extra money, i have 80mm fan blowing air on it, which i put it on the top of my video card. :D
I already have an universal NB waterblock from my 875P motherboard.But I also have Thermaltake ARMOR with 25cm fan on side window and i would prefer passive cooling if the board dosnt have any temperature problem with overclocking.

Well like i said if you have then i would say put it on. It will make some difference, otherwise with passive cooling it will work fine also, no specially you have 25cm fan on it. :D

Thx.I have also a question about the ATX 12v power the JPW one.When i opened my board there was a removable plastic part covering only the 4 of 8 pins.From what i know i must connect all 8 pins am i correct?(Sorry but my last board was a 478 socket)

No you are not correct. Leave that plastic cap on and plug in the 4pin connector in the open slot. Yup every body was surprise, you don;t have to remove the plastic cap.

annaconda said:
No you are not correct. Leave that plastic cap on and plug in the 4pin connector in the open slot. Yup every body was surprise, you don;t have to remove the plastic cap.
Thnx again.Yep THAT was strange!

shady06 said:
Hey guys,

I just got this board and i'm having nothing but headaches with Missing NTLDR errors.

I got to about 17% from copying windows files, then I had to abort the install to clean the XP disc and now I get this error over and over again...

this might be old, but I had that exact same problem and I just returned the mobo after a 1.5 weeks of headaches and frustration. It came out to be a mobo defect.

Please every one don;t update to BIOS 7.25 it is bad BIOS. I almost returned my Motherboard, it disabled the SATA RAID on my motherboard. I had 2 hard drives in RAID 0 after updating to this BIOS they did not worked neither Intel's chipset was reading hard drives.

So stay away from this BIOS. Looks like the best BIOS is the official one on the MSI website.

Hey lads,

Glad to be on this forum.

I got this board as well, and had my share of hurdles, same as most of you... no post after reboot, quirky behaviour and so on...
In fact, I got the 7.25 Bios from MSI tech support themselves today. I put in on there, and now my E6600 won't even go over 275Mhz FSB... which is a lousy one because I can't get the memory at 800Mhz at that speed. It won't post over 800Mhz.

I have OCZ gold DDR2 6400 memory, I thought that would be good enough, and it doesn't seem as if the memory is giving me any issues at this time.

Still won't reboot properly though. MSI is giving me the option for an RMA, should I do this or just wait for a new bios and sit tight? I mean... it doesn't look as if anyone is problem free?

except said:
Hey lads,

Glad to be on this forum.

I got this board as well, and had my share of hurdles, same as most of you... no post after reboot, quirky behaviour and so on...
In fact, I got the 7.25 Bios from MSI tech support themselves today. I put in on there, and now my E6600 won't even go over 275Mhz FSB... which is a lousy one because I can't get the memory at 800Mhz at that speed. It won't post over 800Mhz.

I have OCZ gold DDR2 6400 memory, I thought that would be good enough, and it doesn't seem as if the memory is giving me any issues at this time.

Still won't reboot properly though. MSI is giving me the option for an RMA, should I do this or just wait for a new bios and sit tight? I mean... it doesn't look as if anyone is problem free?

Dude you should have read the whole thread before making some decisions. OCZ is a terrible memory with this motherboard. I had platinum and i could not pass 375 mark, now i have crucial ballistix 6400 and i can go upto 425fsb, but BIOS issues is a big problem so i am running solid with every thing on default voltage 400fsb with [email protected].

I told you don;t update to BIOS 7.25 read my post above you. It is terrible BIOS gave me so much headache you cannot imagine. For a moment i thought my hard drives went bad, then i reflased to the official BIOS which worked fine and shows the correct memory timmings in the windows.

Thanks for your advice, but I came upon this website after I purchased the whole set. Since OCZ was recommended on MSI's website, it seemed like a good way to go.

Also, the 7.25 was given to me by tech support. It didn't do much good to my system, but not too much bad either. I'm lucky I don't use SATA Raid I suppose.

So should I return the board for an RMA, keep it and wait for further biosses, send back the memory? I mean, the memory works, I suppose it just doesn't overclock very well?

the ocz memory has been hit or miss. i've been able to get to 425 and load on windows, but not prime stable. 400 was stable for me, but others have been getting higher /w different memory. i traded my setup and the other person couldnt get 400, so it's wierd.

You might wanna give your OCZ memory 2.3V and see how it works, and change the memory timmings manually to 5-5-5-15.

Did any of you lose your overclocking options or lose a lot of options when you updated the bios from 7.0 - 7.1 with a Pentium D 805 ? and how did you get your D 805 past 3.7 gighz ? also what bios is best that has all the options as the intial release but with broader overclocking options ...

While the early bios seem to have a bunch of issues, the last beta seems to be doing alot better for me.

There is still a reboot issue, in that the system will not always boot on the first try when overclocked. There's a few threads on that, and it appears that just waiting 30 seconds and then hitting reset boots the pc. This doesn't happen at stock clocks.

My last test was at 402mhz FSB, or about 3.2ghz on my e6400. It passed 7 hours of orthos at the stock voltage, but failed at around 7hours and 20 minutes. I've bumped the voltage up abit, but haven't had a chance to run orthos again or try to go any higher.

I'm hoping to hit 3.6ghz with the cpu, but i'll be happy with any 3.0ghz stable overclock.

Temps where sitting at around 30c idle, and 55c under full load, it seems to creep up to that point, leaving me to believe that a more powerfull fan on the Big Typhoon will lower the temp.

The northbridge was getting really hot with the stock cooling at 350mhz, so I installed the TT Spirit II cooler, now it's cool to the touch. If your overclocking, do something with the northbridge. Be carefull if your installing the Spirit II cooler, it would be easy to overtighten it and crack the chip.

CPU: e6400 Week 28
Cpu Cooler: TT Big Typhoon (man that thing is big)
Northbridge Cooler: TT Spirit II cooler (it's a close fit, but works great)
Southbridge Cooler: Stock LED MSI fan from another mobo (prob. overkill)
Mobo: MSI 975x Plat Powerup Edition

have just change from Amd to Intel 6400 with the MSI 975x powerup board
Rev 2.1
have 1gig of ddr2 800 team ram (will change to Cosair later)
seems to run ok but can freeze after abot 10 minintes :mad:
graphic card 7800gtx
koolance exods water cooling system on cpu north bridge & graphic card
when i try and overclock the system freezes in less time
It must be the power supply with not enough power (Tagon 420watt)
has any body had similar problems as i will need to buy a £80 PSU
Also any recommandations for the PSU

Bios is 7.22 no difference

Cheers

Supposely there is a new bios out 7.26b... I havent been able to find a link to download however.

what's everyone gettin on this board? i see lots of posts, but i dont see many pics of overclocks and such. just wondering.

400 FSB is what a lot of people get on this board if you have good memory that works well with the mobo. If you get better cooling on the northbridge you can get better results possibly getting FSB into the +415 FSB. Some memory that people reported works well with the motherboard; corsair, patriot, mushkin, crucial. Memory not recommended to get OCZ.

The thing which is making me mad every day is that DS3 which is at least $50 cheaper than this board can go upto 500 FSB, and this stupid board cannot pass 400 fsb. :mad:

MSI Should better comeup with some explaination, and the top of that they could not fix the BIOS yet, it has been months since this board is released. Now in less than a month we will see Quad Core with next wave of Motherboards like R600, what the hell is wrong with MSI.

Back