Official Motorola Blog Announced Android 4.4.3 Rolls Out to Moto Devices This Week

Supersnake

[H]ard|Gawd
Edit: Motorola Delivered Android 4.4.3 to T-Mobile Moto X Devices June 6

The Official Motorola Blog

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Android™ 4.4.3, KitKat® Rolls Out to Moto Devices This Week
http://motorola-blog.blogspot.com/

An amazing phone experience is more than just the physical device you hold in your hand. We know that the complete phone experience is about both the software and the hardware. And we believe that your software should continually evolve to get better and better and keep you on the cutting edge.

We are excited to announce some icing on top of the, well, KitKat. Starting today, we are rolling out Android™ 4.4.3, KitKat®, which was just released by Google.

This week we begin rolling out to:

• Moto X T-Mobile users
  • Moto G users who bought online in the U.S. (includes Moto G 4G LTE) and at retail in Brazil
  • Moto E users who bought online in the U.S. For Moto E users, you are still up for the next major Android update as well. Consider this the cherry on top.
This latest software update brings an improved dialer with a new interface and new colors to enhance consistency and usability, as well as several stability, framework, security fixes, and enhancements to the power profile capabilities.

Motorola users will also enjoy:

• Improved camera image quality for Moto X including better consistency of exposure, more realistic flash coloring, and improved photos in low light conditions using front camera.
  • For Moto X and Moto G, pausing for video recording with a convenient pause/resume button on the viewfinder.
  • Motorola Alert in this update for Moto X and Moto G users. This new app helps give peace of mind by sending periodic messages to the contacts you choose.
Check our release notes for Moto X, Moto G, and Moto E for more detailed information.

Wondering when new software updates will come to you? Please check our software upgrades page for the latest information.

Posted by Steve Horowitz, SVP, Software Engineering

Last edited:
Not too shabby, this must be a record for Moto in releasing updates.

Probably due to the still present link between Google and Motorola, I hope this continues with Lenovo at the helm.

Last edited:
Yep, they really fucked over people who bought the original Atrix. They released Atrix 2, promised for a year they were working on 4.0 for original Atrix, then out of nowhere canceled the project citing various issues even though Cyanogen had no problem getting 4.0 and newer onto it.

Probably due to the still present link between Google and Motorola, I hope this continues with Lenovo at the helm.

God I hope so. I'm still burned about them cancelling 4.0 on my Atrix. Although I had a hardware problem that caused constant reboots every 2 minutes rendering it unusable only 6 months after owning it, the warranty replacement has been going strong for almost 2 years.

I've been thoroughly satisfied with the new Motorola since aquisition. They ditched motoblur, are rumored to be signed up with Google for their new Android Silver program for bloatware free devices, and they released some kick ass mid level phones that are bloat free, custom designed, and assembled in the USA.

Yep, they really fucked over people who bought the original Atrix. They released Atrix 2, promised for a year they were working on 4.0 for original Atrix, then out of nowhere canceled the project citing various issues even though Cyanogen had no problem getting 4.0 and newer onto it.

I loved my Atrix, phone worked great and I loved the screen + battery life. I will say that while CM did end up working on it, it wasn't from the official CM team. Someone hacked in some drivers to get it to work on the Atrix (basically just modem and Tegra2 stuff) and it had a lot of problems. For one you lost basically every camera function the phone had to include video recording.

I didn't feel fucked over by them not releasing 4.0, but I wished they would of had a trade in program so people stuck on their Tegra2 line could get the Atrix 2 (or the HD). I'd still be using the phone if my daughter didn't throw it in the toilet, her cuteness saved her life at the time.

There appears to be something new with bluetooth volume control in 4.4.3 with the moto x. When I try to increase/decrease volume using my headphones controls (Jaybird Blue Buds X), the phone volume isn't being changed. Rather, it seems there is a second volume layer that is being modified just for the headset itself and not the phone's volume.

Also, I think this happened a while before-hand, but I recently noticed the "A Google Company" caption in bootup was replaced with "Powered by Android." And so the transition begins...
I made sure not to update the Motorola boot-up app purposely for this reason -- well at least they haven't put Lenovo's name on there yet...

Oh and the Texas plant will be no more by the end of the year! :(

Last edited:
Also, I think this happened a while before-hand, but I recently noticed the "A Google Company" caption in bootup was replaced with "Powered by Android." And so the transition begins...
I made sure not to update the Motorola boot-up app purposely for this reason -- well at least they haven't put Lenovo's name on there yet...

:(

Yes, "Powered by Android" was also displaying during 4.4.2 bootup.

Last edited:
You should of been able to selectively turn up bt volume independently since 4.0.

Back