Official Mad Max Gameplay Overview Trailer

Looking much better than the initial video released. Might have to check this one out.

Did he just eat maggots out of a rotting corpse? :eek:

Never even heard of this until now...looks pretty good. Reminds me of Tomb Raider a bit for some reason.

The driving looks fucking sweet. I wonder if those are PC graphics.

Damn, September is going to be a good month. Metal Gear Solid 5 and Mad Max releasing! I'll wait for the reviews on this one though.

Not too shabby at all. The driving combat mechanics look pretty damn sweet.

Last edited:
I'm tempted to see some Interstate 76 resemblance here. But that'd be too good to be true.

Ah, this is looking quite interesting indeed. I'll be keeping my eye on this one. I also do enjoy game info and details being shared not too many months before the game actually comes out. Short wait time.

For those that don't know, this is from the same developer that brought us the Just Cause series.

I'm really looking forward to this and Just Cause 3, it's going to be a good year for things that go boom.

i can't imagine how much gameplay this would have without getting repetitive.

looks like the same shit as Rage

I'm tempted to see some Interstate 76 resemblance here. But that'd be too good to be true.

I76 was the first thing going through my head aswell..

btw, this looks like iDTech 5, i see lotta RAGE in the trailer

Those combat scene where hes 1v5 looks pretty bad.
4 guys looking at Max while hes beating one of them, waiting their turn to get a beating.

Otherwise it was looking good, but I think I'd get bored with it long before finishing the game.

heh? it looks fucking awesome, at least the trailer does.

Did he just eat maggots out of a rotting corpse? :eek:

Never even heard of this until now...looks pretty good. Reminds me of Tomb Raider a bit for some reason.

yeah it does, it screams tomb raider all over it, cool!

Kinda looks cool. Still a movie tie in and when was a movie game ever good?

I believe it's more of a franchise tie in like the Batman Arkham games than something tied specifically to any of the movies. It coming out the same year as Fury Road (though four months later) is more coincidence than anything since it was originally planned to release late last year but got delayed to give Avalanche more time.

Though to answer your question-

Spider-man 2
X-men Origins: Wolverine (better than the movie in fact)
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay
Goldeneye (though arguments can be made for this one)
The Warriors
Various LEGO games
Shadows of Mordor (It takes more from the movies than the books)
Ghostbusters
Alien: Isolation

I could go on but there is precedent for games based on movies turning out good when the developers are given the time and freedom to make them work.

Various LEGO games

These aren't so much "movie" games as games based off of franchises which happen to also have movies as a part of them. Goldeneye I agree with, though. That actually followed the movie very closely and was a good game.

I've been underwhelmed with recent post apocalyptic games (borderlands, rage, fallout) but this one looks pretty sweet... fingers crossed!

This is not a movie tie-in, it does not follow the movies storyline, nor does it stick to the movies characters (Why do you think neither Max nor the "bad" guy look like the ones in the upcoming movie?).

It's merely a licensed game, it doesn't even come out with the movie either.

The gameplay certainly piqued my intereist and the large open world with vehicles looks like it will be a blast.

My only concern is the combat, I don't much care for Batman style game, it gets super-repeitive and boring and lacks any real depth to me.

Game has been in development for some time (shown back at E3 2013) and was even delayed. Unlike most movie games that are churned out to meet release dates of the film. It’s not even trying to release the same month like most do. Movie is May, game is September.

I trust Avalanche Studios enough to make a fun open world sandbox game. The rest remains to be seen but I’m liking how it looks so far.

What engine is it using? Looks pretty good, hopefully the hitching I see during the driving is post production.

What engine is it using? Looks pretty good, hopefully the hitching I see during the driving is post production.

Updated version of their in-house Avalanche engine most likely. They've been using and updating their own custom engine for all of their games.

2015 looks to be a good year indeed. First it was GTA V, then its Witcher 3, the new Batman and maybe the new Tom Clancy game now this. Remember seeing the movie so long ago. :)

I believe it's more of a franchise tie in like the Batman Arkham games than something tied specifically to any of the movies. It coming out the same year as Fury Road (though four months later) is more coincidence than anything since it was originally planned to release late last year but got delayed to give Avalanche more time.

Spider-man 2
X-men Origins: Wolverine (better than the movie in fact)
Goldeneye (though arguments can be made for this one)
The Warriors
Various LEGO games
Ghostbusters

I could go on but there is precedent for games based on movies turning out good when the developers are given the time and freedom to make them work.

Not to start an off-topic argument, but it's pretty clear-cut and universal opinion that Glodeneye007 was one of the best early generation N64 games, and it's 'sequel', Perfect Dark, was one of the most foreword-thinking games of the generation.

And Spider-Man 2 was an AWESOME game.

Not to start an off-topic argument, but it's pretty clear-cut and universal opinion that Glodeneye007 was one of the best early generation N64 games, and it's 'sequel', Perfect Dark, was one of the most foreword-thinking games of the generation.

And Spider-Man 2 was an AWESOME game.

I know my opinion on Goldeneye is a fairly unusual one but the game never really impressed me. As an achievement for proving FPS games can work well on consoles it deserves a ton of praise and I had a lot of fun with the MP when I was 12-13 but it never managed to make a big impression on me as a shooter. I ended up comparing it to a lot of the PC shooters I'd played up to that point (Doom, Wolfenstien 3D, and so on) and honestly if it wasn't a James Bond game I probably wouldn't have played it as much as I did.

And yes Spider-Man 2 was awesome. One of the few games I've tried to hunt down and play on all the platforms it got released on.

Back