OFFICIAL Logitech G15, mods and LCD stuff.

I bought mine before anyone knew about them. Got it from Best Buy before it even hit the shelves.

Mine has serious issues with lettering rubbing off. A, E, T, N all show signs of wear. Obviously I don't game with mine, otherwise I'd have WASD worn off.

I bought mine before anyone knew about them. Got it from Best Buy before it even hit the shelves.

Mine has serious issues with lettering rubbing off. A, E, T, N all show signs of wear. Obviously I don't game with mine, otherwise I'd have WASD worn off.

I had mine replaced free of charge , see this thread for details

Just contacted Logitech, for those of you whom may wonder:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/utilities/contact/US/EN

That page lists the contact information. If you have an old-style G-15 which wears, I would highly suggest contacting
them. In only 15 minutes, I have been helped, and my new keyboard is on the way. The information you will need is
simply the numbers that came on the back. The two etched on the board itself, and the one on the sticker, that is:
P/N
PID
and
Model name

Just picked up one of the new ones at ComputerStop. I like it. I never had one of the original ones with the folding LCD and the 6 extra G-keys, but I really like the feel of the keys on this one.

Has anyone tried removing the LCD from the keyboard to use it as a front panel LCD on a HTPC type Chassis?

I've been researching LCD's and I find that the LCD I really want is the one in my G-15. Cost wise, Just buying a G-15 is pretty competitive with most of the Standalone LCD's I have been finding.

I'm wondering how hard it would be to separate the LCD from the rest of the keyboard, or if it is even possible.

So, did you ever find out how to make that LCD work standalone? My old G15 took a crap and I've since replaced it with a new one, I wanted to put the LCD on my case for stats and free up my keyboard LCD for tasks at hand.

And that changes nothing? Since this is the primary thread on the subject, and my reply is entirely applicable to the topic (unlike yours).

Has anyone tried removing the LCD from the keyboard to use it as a front panel LCD on a HTPC type Chassis?

I've been researching LCD's and I find that the LCD I really want is the one in my G-15. Cost wise, Just buying a G-15 is pretty competitive with most of the Standalone LCD's I have been finding.

I'm wondering how hard it would be to separate the LCD from the rest of the keyboard, or if it is even possible.
Depending on your skills it might be pretty hard as there's a flat cable just over 1/2" (~15mm) with 30+ orso contacts, if my G15 turns out to be partially bad I might give it a go.

So, did you ever find out how to make that LCD work standalone? My old G15 took a crap and I've since replaced it with a new one, I wanted to put the LCD on my case for stats and free up my keyboard LCD for tasks at hand.

Did you call up Logitech support for that old keyboard? They're amazing...

I can't believe how old this thread is, and I am surprise my G15 V1 still works. I have had it for more than 5 years

this post died alone?...

g15mods site dead...
all g15 forum sites dead ??

Mine is still kicking a$$ and that's after I dropped a full cup of water all over it. These things were made really well.

got a G510 to replace my Mk I G15 a few years a go still going strong

There are G15 sites out there still.

I still have mine. Its showing some wear though. The paint/coating is wearing off in spots and sections of the backlights flicker sometimes.

I just threw mine away, been using mechanicals for awhile and my g15v1 just looks like shit anyway.

I just threw mine away, been using mechanicals for awhile and my g15v1 just looks like shit anyway.

OMG, you must be out of your mind. I love that keyboard and too throw it away. There has to be some sin that you commited there. ;)

OMG, you must be out of your mind. I love that keyboard and too throw it away. There has to be some sin that you commited there. ;)

Well first I took the entire keyboard apart to give it a wash, then I got lazy, then I put it in my closet then I ran out of closet space, now it's in a box at the back door waiting for the trash pile. It was a great keyboard for the 3 years I used it but eventually the WASD keys wore out so much they looked clear.

same here. not sure if it's worth the trouble to replace to LEDs. I might give it a shot since I have a ton of 5mm's just sitting around.

same here. not sure if it's worth the trouble to replace to LEDs. I might give it a shot since I have a ton of 5mm's just sitting around.

Yeah, I'm just worried about the risk. I've taken a lot o things apart in the past and fixed it, with the exception of a Nintendo DS. LoL... I took it apart and tore a ribbon cable. I ended up tossing it in the trash. =(

Hmmmm.. decisions, decisions. On the bright side, I see parts on ebay all the time in case I do mess something up. Another setback is, I have no soldering iron.

Anyone have one of those cold soldering irons they used to sell on tv?

Hmmmm.. decisions, decisions. On the bright side, I see parts on ebay all the time in case I do mess something up. Another setback is, I have no soldering iron.

Anyone have one of those cold soldering irons they used to sell on tv?

Yes, had one of those. pretty worthless. you just need a decent iron. It's pretty hard to burn the board, and 5mm LEDs are pretty resilient. This keyboard doesn't look like it has any ribbon cables to tear, so you should be good :cool:

anyone know if there's an app that shows load across all cores/threads? it would probably take up the entire screen (I have 24 threads) but hey, so long as it can do it! :)

anyone know if there's an app that shows load across all cores/threads? it would probably take up the entire screen (I have 24 threads) but hey, so long as it can do it! :)

Nice!

Aida64 should be able to do it, I use it with 8 threads. You also have the option of using LCDhost as a front end.

Dear users,

I bought two different G15 and I'm trying to regenerate them by deep cleanings and changing leds on both.
About the first one, i replaced leds with the same colour (just brighters).
About the second one, I put the red leds but I also have another desire...I want to have a red LCD but I really don't know how to do, I mean...I'm very scared about opening it because I've understood it's very fragile.Look, I followed the guide of darkman1969 regarding how to open the G15 display, it's just I have seen a lot of failures around the internet. Then, which kind and where could I find a perfect lighting gel for that display. I really don't understand which kind of product it is and how I couldy apply it...

Hope in your help and sorry for my english :)

Regards from Italy

Back