OFFICIAL Logitech G15, mods and LCD stuff.

SarverSystems

Supreme [H]ardness
Lets make this the official post for Logitech-related mods and LCD hacks.

I know there is a SDK for the LCD. Can someone post that to kick off this thread?

Didn't the SDK come with the software on the CD? I haven't had time to go through my cd yet.

yeah, the SDK is with the Software, but uncompiled. I have been playing with the SourceForge Dev C++ compiler, but don't know much of anything about it...so I haven't gotten a successful compile yet.

Anyone wanna compile and host up the EZ_LCD_Wrapper.exe result so we can all play with it?

I posted it for people who might not own the keyboard but would want to mess with the code.

bump, lets keep this to the fore front and get more programmers involved. We may want to link this in the programming thread too. Just a thought. :D

I wonder if we can somehow make the LCD emulate as any other USB LCD? You know, so we can use LCD programs that already exist, like LCD Studio, CrystalControl, jaLCDs, LCD SMartie, etc....

SarverSystems said:
I wonder if we can somehow make the LCD emulate as any other USB LCD? You know, so we can use LCD programs that already exist, like LCD Studio, CrystalControl, jaLCDs, LCD SMartie, etc....

Thats what the profiler does. they left it open for people to make applets for the profiler, these apples can give users even more control over the LCD. ie like someone can make an applet that alows for user input of windows proframance monitor stuff. or thay can just hard code the applet as they did with the demo one. it's relly quite open, but programs need to be made for it...

I guess one of the LCD program folks can take there LCD program and put a hook in for the profller...

man, all i want is for this baby to read my temps from mbm5.

i will be a happy man.

SarverSystems said:
I want it to show in-game HUD stuff.
Kind of defeats the purpose of a HUD then, huh? Looking down at your keyboard, away from the action :confused:

A clock would be nice, but it's probably already there by default. I really cant think of any use for the LCD.

Putting a HUD is a good idea because that gives you way more screen space for the actual game. So long as you can get the HUD off the screen. For example, i noticed the HUD in DoD:S was rather large and bulky. Doesn't screw my up so no big deal though.

i think a really cool thing to have is a Download monitor. One that could use bitlord (torrent client i use) and the basic windows dl manager.

other ideas:

- obviously messenger service without minimizing the game.
- notification of replies from posts/threads/PM's on a forum and displays topic name too.
- bank account balance that updates every so often (this one's a long shot)
- notification when favorite webcomic is updated *cough*ctrl-alt-del*cough*
- FAH stats
- cool EQ visualizations

just a few.

I looked at the SDK and have no clue on how to even get started on this. I would LOVE to be able to interface with the Shuttle temp and fan control program.

Anyone want to put up a small tutorial other than the "compile and run" that is in the readme?

How about so that the LCD displays CPU & GPU temps, FPS, CPU and RAM usage all ingame! That would fuckin rock my world! :eek: :cool:

OMG I actually understand a lot of what is going on in those sample programs. w00t programming class is starting to pay off :D

be cool to have it show how much damage you did to an enemy.

I think the most useful would be FRAPS integration to give us a framerate monitor.

I must be the only one who thinks the FRAPS numbers in the upper corner are annoying, albeit useful.

I picked up my G15 at BB today. I can't wait to hook this thing up! I'll take a look at the SDK this weekend and see if I can't do a little test plug-in for UT or something. I do a lot of scripting at work, and have even written a mutator for UT (Instavape) so I hope I can't get a grip of the code and work something up in a couple of days.

Does anybody know of (or is planning on creating) a website dedicated to the keyboard and a database of the LCD plugins?

Even if someone has made 'hello world' appear on the LCD, it'd be a good starting place for others to jump in on.

chiablo said:
Does anybody know of (or is planning on creating) a website dedicated to the keyboard and a database of the LCD plugins?

Even if someone has made 'hello world' appear on the LCD, it'd be a good starting place for others to jump in on.

working on one...not sure If i will go live though....

i would love to see song information from winamp
like title, time bar and maybe visualization? ;)

pxoint said:
i would love to see song information from winamp
like title, time bar and maybe visualization? ;)

This works on mine just fine...all but the visualization...
:D

I would be willing to host the files and a page for such a project.

The page would reside on a site I am working on for our LAN group.

mine displayed the stuff from Winamp.. but for what ever reason the controls did nothing. Maybe ill reinstall Winamp to see if it helps.

i would be willing to put it on a subdomain of my site as well, something like g15.slackerserver.com

Wow, I have never found myself lusting after a keyboard like this.
There's all KINDS of stuff you could do with that. This may be a little far-fetched and its well beyond my third semester CS ability, but I wonder if it could be linked to any of the windows-based motherboard overclocking utilities, maybe even to the extent of using the multimedia keys to manipulate the settings. Now THAT would be cool.
I need to start saving up for one of these.

Think someone could code a way to see and actually TYPE instant messages for them major clients? For instance, I have a game up full screen and my IMs in the background. Friend says "Hey". Instant message from X: "Hey" shows up on LCD. Then I press one of the context sensitive buttons, and my keyboard now can be used to type a reply!

SarverSystems said:
You gotta enable hotkeys in winamp. There is nothing wrong with the keyboard or winamp.

Thats kind of odd... I have a logitech Dinovo wireless setup at work, and it doesnt require the global hot keys to be on to work.

Ill see if it helps at home. Kinda lame I think that one set of drivers needs it.. but the other doesnt.

How about having the LCD display something to the effect of:

YOU HAVE THE CAPS LOCK ON, AND YOU ARE TYPING IN AN INTERNET FORUM, YOU IDIOT!!!

I know a few people who really need that constant reminder.

Maybe it could print words of encouragement to me every time I get my ass fragged off by a pubeless 8 year old kid.
"You'll get 'em next time!" "Nice hustle out there!" "You don't suck THAT bad!"

Xaeos said:
Think someone could code a way to see and actually TYPE instant messages for them major clients? For instance, I have a game up full screen and my IMs in the background. Friend says "Hey". Instant message from X: "Hey" shows up on LCD. Then I press one of the context sensitive buttons, and my keyboard now can be used to type a reply!

that would be pretty sweet. And would be nice if you could scroll up in the IM chat, if people send you a big message and it doesn't completely fit on the LCD.

The LCD is graphical people! Don't forget!!!

Lets do some cool shit with it.

How about the icon for whatever game you're playing be displayed?

Or maybe have an icon for whatever team you are on?

Maybe do something with Yahoo, AIM, etc... showing your buddy lists and thei avatars?

Logitech needs to get on the ball and make a website for hosting programs made by users and a developer's forum where programmers can get together and share ideas/successes.

UT scripting should be cake...

though i find it intresting that it looks like the application has to make the call to the LCD for this to actually be useful.

Back