OFFICIAL Logitech G15, mods and LCD stuff.

for me, i find it pointless to have a LCD to show what's going on in game, i would much rather the LCD display if i've received new email, instant messages, and the sort unless it already does then my bad :)

i can't wait for the G11 to come out, way more than enough keys tho, but i love the illuminated keys ;) yummy

i hope the G11 stays at around ~40

Here's a good in-game example.

I'd love to see it display my last 10 lap times in NR2003.

-Larry

rox1co said:
for me, i find it pointless to have a LCD to show what's going on in game, i would much rather the LCD display if i've received new email, instant messages, and the sort unless it already does then my bad :)

i can't wait for the G11 to come out, way more than enough keys tho, but i love the illuminated keys ;) yummy

i hope the G11 stays at around ~40

I agree that the G15 would be great for seeing instant messages or at least instant message notification and email, however, it's difficult to program that in. I dont know of any way to 'catch' the API event that signals a new message. The only way to make the G15 show something about another application is to monitor the logs of that application, if it outputs any. This is not an ideal method. The bottom line is that in order for the G15 to interact with other applications like outlook or AIM, logitech needs to work with those companies to get their API spec and come out with a mod of their own. We can only do so much. the Bf2 mod is amazing, but all it does, as far as I know, is monitor your bf2s.com web page.

So what's my point? I dont really know, i mainly use the volume adjust dial and standard performance monitor. I have a a8n32 board so I cant use the fancy lcdstudio templates for gpu/cpu temps that work with MBM5.

kinda interested in starting to develope a g15 mod tho if someone has a good idea.

speedfan workds with LCDstudio just fine, I use it with my P5N32-SLI deluxe.

MBM isn't being updated anymore, at least not by the author, so I can't use it either.

There are plenty of SDK apps coming out here:
http://www.g15forums.com//index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=39&func=select&id=1
and the latest version of the Logitech LCDCore includes a POP3 configuration.

It's a pretty good start, but I think Logitech overestimated their own ability to produce apps, they dropped the ball there IMO.

I have been playing with the Logitech SDK and EzLCD and am starting to get the hang of it. If anyone would be interested in teaming up with me to create LCD applets pls let me know. I can do the programming if you know how i can get info files.

The Skipster

Elios said:
realy worked just fine for me
what build of vista do you have?

Also, has anyone used LCD Studio (or any other prog) to import rivatuner stats into the g15 screen?

g33zy said:
what build of vista do you have?

Also, has anyone used LCD Studio (or any other prog) to import rivatuner stats into the g15 screen?

what ever MS had for download with the public beta 2
iirc 5384 was the build

Elios said:
what ever MS had for download with the public beta 2
iirc 5384 was the build
hmm, strange...the keyboard works but the screen is a no go. Anyways, i'll check again.

I’m interested in getting maybe a G15, but mainly for the purpose of using the LCD for viewing AIM while in game. Unfortunately, I have yet to find any program for it that will allow this. However, on my quest, I came across Pertelian External LCD Display. The Pertelian displays a multitude of different things from ebay auctions to Instant Messaging. Presumably, if someone could get the coding from this LCD display, it could be manipulated to display the same things on the G15.
I’d really like to get the G15 but I cant justify it if it doesn’t do what I’m looking for!

Just a thought.

I have both and they both do pretty much the same thing.
the only different that I see is that you can use AIM with the pertelian but if you're willing to use Trillian (pro, you can't do this with basic) there is a plug-in that will integrate it with the G15. I like the set up with trillian and g15 better cause you actually have a buddy list. If you use the pertelian with AIM, you can only talk through IMs that you have received. Not very helpful a lot of times if you want to initiate conversation with someone while in the middle of a game. Out of both, the G15 is much more stable too. They just came out with a new version of Pertelian but it's still unstable (the drivers). It cuts out on me at times. Right now it's actually shut off because it can't find the com port.

Hope this helps.

That's neat, I'm guessing their hooking into the main lcd app to tweak lights? -- Anywho it doesnt change the backlighting on mine, ideas?

Lord of Shadows said:
That's neat, I'm guessing their hooking into the main lcd app to tweak lights? -- Anywho it doesnt change the backlighting on mine, ideas?

go to the config for the plug in 4th button then hold both ctrl keys and scroll down

Any reason in particular that its hidden away like that?

Edit: Seems it's global, ie no winamp music == no lights.

Sorry if its already been posted here.

But one of the many apps i use on my G15 is Everest Ultimate

Some of you might recognize it as the Aida32 info tool,, because basically it is Aida just its new, and still supported.. Anywell they also have G15 LCD integration now. so you can see all kinds of info on your screen, like CPU, GPU, MB, PS, Temps, Frequencies, Fan speeds, voltages etc etc etc..

I use it to observe the AMD cool n quiet when the CPU frequencies step, along with the frequencies and temps on my video card. I also monitor my fan speeds.

just thought i would share this for someone looking for somthing like this. ;)

I just picked one up last night...so far I am not overly impressed, don't get me wrong, the keyboard itself is awesome, but I am having a hard time adjusting to it...the keys feel smaller then my other 2 keyboards, and the G keys on the left are driving me nuts...I am used to having the keys start at the most left of the keyboard...this is gonna get some getting used to

I give myself t'il end of the week, if I don't like it, I am returning it...but I downloaded the BF2 LCD mod....sexyyyy :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

What previous keyboards did you have, out of curiosity? The keys are the same size as my old Logitech.

As for the G keys, yeah, you'll get used to them. I had the same problem when I got mine a couple weeks ago but I don't any more.

for all the people that want to see their instant messages....

i have a g15 plugin for trillian that lets me send messages even when my monitor is off.. i can browse all around trillian with the LCD ... its badass...

get ithere

General Crespin said:
What previous keyboards did you have, out of curiosity? The keys are the same size as my old Logitech.

As for the G keys, yeah, you'll get used to them. I had the same problem when I got mine a couple weeks ago but I don't any more.
my previous keyboards were just generic cheapees...not sure but the keys felt bigger, I will measure tonight, might just be that the keys are placed a bit over to the right

I have all the latest Aida Builds (corp, etc...) from just before whatever happened with it, happened. I keep them very safe as this is the best SysInfo utility ever.

-Larry

interested said:
Sorry if its already been posted here.

But one of the many apps i use on my G15 is Everest Ultimate

Some of you might recognize it as the Aida32 info tool,, because basically it is Aida just its new, and still supported.. Anywell they also have G15 LCD integration now. so you can see all kinds of info on your screen, like CPU, GPU, MB, PS, Temps, Frequencies, Fan speeds, voltages etc etc etc..

I use it to observe the AMD cool n quiet when the CPU frequencies step, along with the frequencies and temps on my video card. I also monitor my fan speeds.

just thought i would share this for someone looking for somthing like this. ;)

Am I the only one who is having trouble with Media Player 11 in Vista and the G15?

It doesn't display and songs, it actually crashes on startup!

Also doesn't display the volume bar when changing volume.

I know someone here has got thru this. Enlighten me!

I've never had a problem displaying songs and stuff with WMP11 (Vista x86)
Sometimes after a few hours of playing music, the media display will crash and then I can't see songs. If it crashes I can just go into the G15 folder and open the media display exe.
Volume display has never worked for me (volume control DOES work though)

Dunno if its been said or not, but for those with g15's and use ventrilo during games, the newest ventrilo beta has an option for the g15 lcd. I haven't used my lcd for much until this plugin. Shows ping, vent channel, and who's talking. Very convienient.

FWIW, those that are debating over whether or not to purchase this keyboard - I know its expensive, but for me its been worth the investment. The backlit keys are nice, and not too bright, plenty of macros, and the lcd is a conversation piece. I had always wanted an lcd frontpanel display, but this is much more convienient.

Im using Vista x64 and Media Display does nothing but crash. Each time I click it, it crashes and everytime I reboot.

Those are actually XP drivers AFAIK. A few months ago they didn't even have an option for Vista, but I guess they just added that and directed the download link to the XP drivers. The file sizes are exactly the same too.

I just read this: http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=software&message.id=2079
(UPDATE: March 1, 2007) Logitech is working on version 1.04 of the Logitech G-series Keyboard Software, which addresses issues some of our customers have experienced using the G15 keyboard with specific configurations of Windows Vista machines, including incompatibilities with some other third-party hardware and software. The company plans to offer this update as a download by the end of April. We’ll keep you posted about this update.

Heres a site with a ton of links: http://g15forums.com/

Best IM LCD mod by far is for Miranda IM, lets you type in messages, browse your buddy list, respond to messages, etc, all without minimizing your window. Links:

http://www.miranda-im.org/
http://g15forums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784

lol, I remember I designed their first logo a long while back. Now they have moved on to other things though :p

Those are actually XP drivers AFAIK. A few months ago they didn't even have an option for Vista, but I guess they just added that and directed the download link to the XP drivers. The file sizes are exactly the same too.

I just read this: http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=software&message.id=2079

Ya i think it is the same as the XP drivers. I noticed no difference.

Can anyone tell me where to procure the proper sized LEDs in different colors [RED] for the lights on the keys of the G15. My best guess is 3mm rectangular, but I do not know where to get them.

Can anyone tell me where to procure the proper sized LEDs in different colors [RED] for the lights on the keys of the G15. My best guess is 3mm rectangular, but I do not know where to get them.

radio shack can order just about any thing for you

Count me in...I just bought the G15 from Amazon...70 bones.

Looks like a great keyboard.

Got one from the egg, 71 bones. :(

Do the keys really rub off after awile?

I've had mine for a year or so maybe... haven't had any problems with keys rubbing off; I believe that was an issue with the early revisions of the board.

I finally got my G15. I bought a refurbished one off of eBay for $55 shipped. It works flawlessly, but was a little dirty out of the box (not under the keys though, they were fine). Now it's sparkly clean and works good as new, I think anyway :).

My only gripe is that the G keys aren't bindable keys themselves, but rather macro keys. Not that big of a deal though, they still get the job done.

Back