Official Lian Li PC-V300 Discussion Thread

FreakOfNature said:
What were the conditioins they put in place?

It would be interesting if someone could run a fully loaded system ( high end proc, sli, 3-4 raptors, 4gb ram, 2 roms) in all of the sff cases and see which stock case keeps the system the coolest. It seems like all the typical sff cases can hold the same gear (well except for varrying clearances on the processor fan heatsink). I'd be willing to bet the temps wouldn't very by more than a few degrees and that in the end you're paying for aesthetics.

I have already tried out this configuration successfully in my SG01-E and QMICRA. The QMICRA definitely does a better job cooling due to the front - back airflow and the fact that you can use a Zalman CNPS9500 .

After my QMICRA review is published, next up I am working on a "shootout" article using a similar setup to what you mention above: SLI, Raptors, and different CPU coolers in the QMICRA, SG01-E and Micro Fly :cool:

Steeeeve said:
Some are a little more quiet. The Qmicra holds 4 harddrive without using the 3.5" floppy bay which is 1-2 more than most. Heatsink is a big deal as it allows for less stress when buying something. I test out all my systems using and x800 with 3200 processor. It isn't the highest end system but if you tested each case with the highest end system you would always be spending money and retesting everything. At the end of the day, 2-3 C could make a big deal.

I can atest right now that its a lot more than 2-3C comparing the sg01 and the qmicra having personally used both. the qmicra is by far more quiet and and the diff in cpu temps is more like 10 to 15C and that is a HUGE difference, system temp is about 5C while hdd and vid cards remain the same.

Outrigger said:
I can atest right now that its a lot more than 2-3C comparing the sg01 and the qmicra having personally used both. the qmicra is by far more quiet and and the diff in cpu temps is more like 10 to 15C and that is a HUGE difference, system temp is about 5C while hdd and vid cards remain the same.

When I compared apples to apples between the QMICRA and SG01-E using the Blue ORB II CPU cooler they were actually about the same temps under load. Keep in mind I'm using silent fans that don't push alot of air. However, since the QMICRA allows for a larger CPU cooler - that's where I saw a big advantage ;)

I can't wait to try out the Silverstone NT06 in the SG01 based on the great results I had with it in the QMICRA, so that will be a better comparrison!

dworley said:
When I compared apples to apples between the QMICRA and SG01-E using the Blue ORB II CPU cooler they were actually about the same temps under load. Keep in mind I'm using silent fans that don't push alot of air. However, since the QMICRA allows for a larger CPU cooler - that's where I saw a big advantage ;)

I can't wait to try out the Silverstone NT06 in the SG01 based on the great results I had with it in the QMICRA, so that will be a better comparrison!

Yes, I would assume if you used the same hsf in these 2 cases, the temps will not differ too much, but being the qmicra more efficient when using front to back airflow, it will drop the temps more significantly.

I have used the nt06 on the sg01 and I was not impressed at all. but then again, others have gotten better temps with setups similar to mine which is weird...

I'm testing the Qmicra with the NT06 and stock heatsink. Sound tests today as well.

I suspect the Qmicra will be a little better in cooler just because of the air flow going over the CPU. Between the Qmicra and PC-V300..I bet the Qmicra will fair a little better and between the SG01 probably much better.

Speaking of the Qmicra...I got my first impression the other day...and like everyone else that has bought one, it is much different once you get the thing. The build quality and engineering that went into this case is amazing. It looks like the only thing I can complain about (and this is stretching to find something) is that the lid is hard to get off and on.

Steeeeve said:
I'm testing the Qmicra with the NT06 and stock heatsink. Sound tests today as well.

I suspect the Qmicra will be a little better in cooler just because of the air flow going over the CPU. Between the Qmicra and PC-V300..I bet the Qmicra will fair a little better and between the SG01 probably much better.

Speaking of the Qmicra...I got my first impression the other day...and like everyone else that has bought one, it is much different once you get the thing. The build quality and engineering that went into this case is amazing. It looks like the only thing I can complain about (and this is stretching to find something) is that the lid is hard to get off and on.

about tiiiiiiime you got one steeeeve. glad you liked it. that was my complaint as well, because you need to unscrew the bottom feet in order to remove the cover, a bit pain in the ass, unless you're doing a lot of test, its not biggie since I haven't taken the cover off in over a month. that and the reset switch are my only complaints so far, everything else is good. when you get it and touch it in person, its completely different than what you see in the pics in a good way. glad you're enjoying it.

Outrigger said:
about tiiiiiiime you got one steeeeve. glad you liked it. that was my complaint as well, because you need to unscrew the bottom feet in order to remove the cover, a bit pain in the ass, unless you're doing a lot of test, its not biggie since I haven't taken the cover off in over a month. that and the reset switch are my only complaints so far, everything else is good. when you get it and touch it in person, its completely different than what you see in the pics in a good way. glad you're enjoying it.

I was thinking that you could have the the cover in 3 parts. The two sides can "slide" into place and then you could have the top lid (which would be the top and slanted parts) just sit on the 2 sides and screw in with 4 small thumb screws.

Steeeeve said:
I was thinking that you could have the the cover in 3 parts. The two sides can "slide" into place and then you could have the top lid (which would be the top and slanted parts) just sit on the 2 sides and screw in with 4 small thumb screws.

I actually like the one piece single design, makes it look more simplistc yet elegant which is what I'm all about. but unforunetly, they can't make it sliding like due to the front and back end plate not being the same dimension. they can have the front in some sort of locking mechanism and just screw in the back like any other cases with thumbscrews. and also, if they used feet like the ones on the sg01 it would look better instead of the plain rubber ones. you know where to buy more elegant looking feet that just screws on?

Outrigger said:
I actually like the one piece single design, makes it look more simplistc yet elegant which is what I'm all about. but unforunetly, they can't make it sliding like due to the front and back end plate not being the same dimension. they can have the front in some sort of locking mechanism and just screw in the back like any other cases with thumbscrews. and also, if they used feet like the ones on the sg01 it would look better instead of the plain rubber ones. you know where to buy more elegant looking feet that just screws on?

not really...I kinda like the feet though because it gives it a low profile (as opposed to it sitting up more). The one piece is nice...I agree, and getting the lid off and on is not that hard anyway..just a little harder than a Qpack or SG01.

Impulse buy! (Thanks for the Newegg Link!)

I was not planning to get this case since it does not fit a 7900GTX......but, for $94 and Lian-Li quality I am very interested to check it out and I will definitely be modding it for the 7900GTX!

I will let you guys know how it stacks up against the QMICRA / SG01-E / Micro Fly as far as cooling performance for high end gear :D

Im getting mine next week! (now i just need teh rest of the computer to go in it)

dworley said:
Impulse buy! (Thanks for the Newegg Link!)

I was not planning to get this case since it does not fit a 7900GTX......but, for $94 and Lian-Li quality I am very interested to check it out and I will definitely be modding it for the 7900GTX!

I will let you guys know how it stacks up against the QMICRA / SG01-E / Micro Fly as far as cooling performance for high end gear :D
yay dworley! i'll be waiting for your take on the case compared to the sg01 and micro fly :D

mattro said:
Dworley probably got black. He likes those black cases :) :)

What gave you that impression?

Do you even need to ask what color I ordered - LOL :cool:

SFF_PC.jpg

I haven't had the SN25 for over a year now, I ditched my black X-Qpack several months ago and recently had a yellow X-Qpack that was a system I was reviewing.

dworley said:
I haven't had the SN25 for over a year now, I ditched my black X-Qpack several months ago and recently had a yellow X-Qpack that was a system I was reviewing.

I thought you sold the sn26? I'm still trying to sell mine.

MrSlacker said:
you KNOW you want it...

I DO want it, but I think for my next build, I'm likely to go with the lian li v1000 series, the 2000 series is waaaaay too big for my needs as I won't ever need more than 3 hdds and the 1000 series already holds 6, but my next complete build won't be for another 2 yrs. I'm looking to upgrade to conroe when it comes out which means new mobo, new cpu, ram and possibly new vid cards, but only dx10 specified ones. damn, thats like a new build in of itself!

dworley said:
What gave you that impression?

Do you even need to ask what color I ordered - LOL :cool:

SFF_PC.jpg

All you need now is an Antec NSK1300 and your collection will be complete.

After reading this thread the only thing besides some video cards not fitting is the fact there are only 2 front USB ports.

Not a hugh thing but I'm using 4 now on my SN25P.....

Very interested to see how you guys that buy it like this case.

Give us a good user review.

Damn! I've really got to stop browsing these forums. Just placed an order for a black lian li with silver pcs (pure impulse buy). Browsed further and saw the link to the Egg. Called silverpcs back to cancel and they price matched the Egg. I should have this case in a couple of days. Now if I only figure out what to do with it and where to put it? Maybe the fish in my aquarium would like their own pc with that aquarium fishy screensaver to ogle at. ;)

Was silver pc's shipping any cheaper than Neweggs? I am mor einterested in the silver one, but still I was just curious since I missed the preorder date due to lack of financing.
Jason

SFF-2.jpg

Here is a picture showing the size of the Lian-Li V300B - pretty much the same
dimensions as the QMICRA

Additional V300B Pictures:

The quality is very nice, looking forward to putting it together this weekend....I will definitely post my impressions!

That black looks pretty nice! However, for some weird reason I like the silver better... usually its the opposite lol

MrSlacker said:
That black looks pretty nice! However, for some weird reason I like the silver better... usually its the opposite lol

How dare you talk badly about black cases to Dworley :p

Looks nice...good brushed aluminum.

Is the inside regular aluminum color? It almost looks like the drive bays are colored white in the pics

Myrandex said:
Was silver pc's shipping any cheaper than Neweggs? I am mor einterested in the silver one, but still I was just curious since I missed the preorder date due to lack of financing.
Jason

shipping was $10.78
Total cost with tax and shipping was $113.13. This was via UPS ground so if you aren't in CA, the additional distance $ would probably offset any tax savings. This was the first time I ordered from them and they had pretty good customer service. Will definitely look at them the next time I need a new Lian Li case.

dworley, are you able to see through the front mesh grill thing under normal lighting conditions like in the pictures, or is that just cuz of the (im assuming) flash?

also, can i request a head on picture of the v300 and sn21g5 side by side? thanks :)

if thats the same height as the qmicra, its weird that it won't be able to fit the zalman 9500. looks very nice and high quality though. but being that I have already bought 3 sff cases including the shuttle sn26p and its only June! I'm going to give this one a rest. :p

Back