Official [H] Star Wars:The Old Republic Thread

The Mandalorian and JFO got me in the mood to play a bit again. God bless those security key bonuses!

lWw4XtT.png

I may check the expansion out and play through whatever story content they've added. I can't see really going back to this and raiding again like I used to though.

The game only has 1 US and 1 EU server now? Am I reading this right? Oof. According to the site I have 22 characters. I know I left with 15 at max level. :O
I will probably need to buy character slots.

K7iUAe1.png

Yeah, server consolidation has been happening for years. I have something like 35 or 36 characters. Probably only 6 or so were level 70. The rest are all 65.

I sold all my credits, about 300 million, when I quit. Gonna miss those for sure.
Is the cap still 70? Not in the mood to level old characters, either.

I sold all my credits, about 300 million, when I quit. Gonna miss those for sure.
Is the cap still 70? Not in the mood to level old characters, either.

75 is the new level cap. I have about 250 million or so. The inflation was out of hand when I last played the game about a year ago. 250 million isn't really even that much money anymore. Last I checked, people would sell a single desirable Cartel Market outfit for 150 million credits. 50 million was on the low side of some of them. The Cartel Market also started fleecing people harder with anything decent costing at least 5,000 coins.

That bullshit and locking the best tier of gear for raiding behind doing dailies are why I punched the eject button.

Well, judge me all you want, but I just bought 300mil credits for $9.
I needed the money. I have 200k on my character and struggling to update my lightsaber (I have to buy mods since it's a market item).
Considering how cheap credits are, there has to be a very efficient way to farm them?

Content wise, it's looking like this game has finally gone into maintenance mode. The only thing they update anymore is the Cartel Market.

Content wise, it's looking like this game has finally gone into maintenance mode. The only thing they update anymore is the Cartel Market.

Rightttt when they release it on Steam.... *looks around confused*

I needed the money. I have 200k on my character and struggling to update my lightsaber (I have to buy mods since it's a market item).
Considering how cheap credits are, there has to be a very efficient way to farm them?
Can't judge you. I bought cartel coins years ago. One of the rare games I would do that for. I generally do not support micro transactions but they were on sale and at that time was happy with the devs.
If they put out an actual expansion with more than a few hours of content I'd jump back in.

I though they shut this down years ago.

Eh I doubt anyone looks down on it in the MT age.

Can't judge you. I bought cartel coins years ago. One of the rare games I would do that for. I generally do not support micro transactions but they were on sale and at that time was happy with the devs.
If they put out an actual expansion with more than a few hours of content I'd jump back in.

I though they shut this down years ago.

Eh I doubt anyone looks down on it in the MT age.

Cartel Market items are cosmetic only. So, buying Cartel coins isn't the same as buying in-game credits. Either way, this game is so old and its player base seems to have fallen off a cliff. I don't think anyone cares.

Well, I bought both cartel coins and credits.
I spent about €100 on a couple of cosmetic armors (ofc the most expensive ones), a new sword and a sub.
I jumped into WoW prepatch yesterday, but to be honest, SWTOR was more appealing to play. Maybe I burned out on WoW.

I still think Swtor has some of the best MMO story arcs. Maybe not the best group game play, but the writing is great.

Pity this can be experienced on youtube.

I quit a long time ago, never thought the combat was a smooth as something like wow.

Since BioWare's decision to make the top tier raid gear require dailies to acquire, I haven't had any desire to return to the game. However, I did enjoy these 4K trailers.

Just another reminder if you have an account, even if you're not playing, put 2FA on there and rack up coins.
If you ever come back you'll be rich.

SWTOR_Coins.png

Hm, my account had the hardware authenticatior and I've moved since, losing it. I wonder if I can get my account back somehow... I played at launch.

Hm, my account had the hardware authenticatior and I've moved since, losing it. I wonder if I can get my account back somehow... I played at launch.
yes you can, i had to go through the same process. there should be a "i lost my authenticator" link somewhere along the way

You finally wanna play the game again, even give them money for a month sub and the supposedly wack new expansion....

And I lost the authenticator after upgrading phones.... (Only way to reach them is via a support # that closed at 7pm Central)

Granted, 7pm my time is pretty good for this situation but arggg just my luck

You finally wanna play the game again, even give them money for a month sub and the supposedly wack new expansion....

And I lost the authenticator after upgrading phones.... (Only way to reach them is via a support # that closed at 7pm Central)

Granted, 7pm my time is pretty good for this situation but arggg just my luck
That's OK, the last time I played the game, my physical security key still worked. It died over the last couple of years.

Star Wars The Old Republic Is Likely Moving from BioWare to Broadsword

According to the report, more than half of the 70-80 development team would move from BioWare to Broadsword to continue supporting the game, while the rest would either remain inside Electronic Arts or be laid off...EA would remain the game's publisher, while BioWare would be able to move on from the project and focus on the next single player installments of its own franchises, Dragon Age and Mass Effect...an EA spokesperson later confirmed the report, admitting that conversations are ongoing with Broadsword...

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-the-old-republic-development-third-party-bioware

Back