Official [H] Star Wars:The Old Republic Thread

Can someone tell me the most popular and least popular race for jedi knight and caster

For males, I tend to see more humans than anything. Though Twi-Lek's seem relatively common as well. For females, it's pretty much blue Twi-Leks everywhere. But then again I can say that for the most part about all the females in the game. You see the occasional Sith Pureblood or something else, but not often. I've seen occasional Miraluka males and females, but at a glance they look human for the most part so that's one thing you've got to look for. I don't think I've ever seen any one use the green species. The Miralian or whatever they are called.

For males, I tend to see more humans than anything. Though Twi-Lek's seem relatively common as well. For females, it's pretty much blue Twi-Leks everywhere. But then again I can say that for the most part about all the females in the game. You see the occasional Sith Pureblood or something else, but not often. I've seen occasional Miraluka males and females, but at a glance they look human for the most part so that's one thing you've got to look for. I don't think I've ever seen any one use the green species. The Miralian or whatever they are called.

Everyone is either Human or Miraluka's on my server. A lot of people aren't rolling Twi'lek because of the hood bug.... This is republic however, I have not seen any Twi'lek empire...they have either been Sith Pureblood or Human.

I don't care either way. Hoods, who needs em.

Everyone is either Human or Miraluka's on my server. A lot of people aren't rolling Twi'lek because of the hood bug.... This is republic however, I have not seen any Twi'lek empire...they have either been Sith Pureblood or Human.

I don't care either way. Hoods, who needs em.

I like everything except for Cyborgs. The implants look sooo stupid, especially in cinematics. Every race is based off of Humanoids basically. I'd like to see a droid or Rodian. The problem is that for every race they add that is considered "non humanoid," they'd have to add in full voiceover for it. I'd love to be a Rodian or Wookie and have a full storyline of subtitles because I'm speaking their native language.

i forget what race I am.. a green ( extra green! and scarred.. but very hawt..) female jedi sage... seem fairly uncommon on cho mai though...

got a nice blue implant random drop in madorlorian raiders last night.. w00t...

I see a lot of Zabrak Sith on Infinte Empire....including mine.

I like everything except for Cyborgs. The implants look sooo stupid, especially in cinematics. Every race is based off of Humanoids basically. I'd like to see a droid or Rodian. The problem is that for every race they add that is considered "non humanoid," they'd have to add in full voiceover for it. I'd love to be a Rodian or Wookie and have a full storyline of subtitles because I'm speaking their native language.

I was really wanting to create a droid assassin character, a la HK-47 in KOTOR.

My server is dying, and there was wait times to get in 2 weeks ago. I see this game is no different than the myriads that came before it. Huge numbers at launch, only to drop off dead a month or two after.

Well, the devs say they actually see the number of players increasing. They have kept the server caps artificially low to keep the starting areas from being overcrowded. As players move up in levels, and onto other planets, they are raising the server caps.

Targeting a Sith Warrior, watching my Sabatoge Grenade go on cool down with out seeing it flying, or heaing it tick, or seeing the big boom ... yea not cool!

I've see this with Rail Shot on my Bounty Hunter. Sometimes I get no beam, but do get the smoke trail and sound; Sometimes no sound; Sometimes smoke only; Sometimes beam with no smoke and no sound; Sometimes nothing at all. However, in all cases I've noticed the health of the target does go down. I believe this is an animation problem and not a ability tick problem. Just my observation.

I concur. Sometimes I'm frying someone with my lightning and the animation disappears... but I see the cast bar channelling and my opponent's health declining. Things are proceeding in real-time, you just lose the visual cues occasionally. Happens to me in PVE and PVP so I have to be careful as not to interrupt myself.

Does any one know if some crafting items will not give you patterns, last night I reverse engineered 67 lvl 49 blue belts, and no patterns. I was rather pissed since I wasted a boat load of mats.

So I got to work like half an hour ago. I have had 2 hours of sleep and drank too much last night, let the star wars discussion commence!

I concur. Sometimes I'm frying someone with my lightning and the animation disappears... but I see the cast bar channelling and my opponent's health declining. Things are proceeding in real-time, you just lose the visual cues occasionally. Happens to me in PVE and PVP so I have to be careful as not to interrupt myself.

This happens a lot. If you do a mortar strike with a trooper the visual cue bar is always off. Same with the spell "Full Auto"

I just ignore it though.

So I got to work like half an hour ago. I have had 2 hours of sleep and drank too much last night, let the star wars discussion commence!

I got kick out the bedroom this week. My wife to be wakes up at 5 am every morning for the past 2 weeks I have been stumbling into the room around 2 am every night waking her up.

Then I bitch about being tired the next day and she rages.

Fucking women, they don't understand and she is really just jealous that she has a shitty computer that won't run the game.

I got kick out the bedroom this week. My wife to be wakes up at 5 am every morning for the past 2 weeks I have been stumbling into the room around 2 am every night waking her up.

Then I bitch about being tired the next day and she rages.

Fucking women, they don't understand and she is really just jealous that she has a shitty computer that won't run the game.

I'm just upset that like four of my friends have birthdays this week, in the middle of the week. I have been going out at night and getting up at around 5 to get to work on time. :(

Does any one know if some crafting items will not give you patterns, last night I reverse engineered 67 lvl 49 blue belts, and no patterns. I was rather pissed since I wasted a boat load of mats.

I tend to learn new patterns in 3-6 reverse engineerings. Though I'm not as high level as you.

I have that thought everytime I see someone running around with green and or blue lightsabers in the hands of a Sith Warrior. Because a proper Sith can't use those color crystals. Orange and yellow can be used by either. Red is Dark I and above just as green and blue are Light I and above restricted.

on the topic of color crystals, I saw someone rolling with two purple lightsabers. It looked pretty badass

Imperial Agent cyborgs are the only ones that get decent looking implants. And they look awesome.

My server has been rocking every night, pretty crowded, the space station is always packed with 200 or so. (Terro Blood, east coast pve) Looking good so far.

Oh yeah, another update on my friend's computer before I forget:
i5 2500k
HD6950
16 gigs ram

Wiped his harddrive and reinstalled windows etc.
Low FPS problem still persists.

wow... that's weird, I upgraded my rig a week ago from the one in my sig to:
i5 2500k
MSI mobo
8gb ram
I still have that 4870 gpu and my FPS went from 20-22avg to a freaking 80-90 avg :D... try taking out 8gig of ram and see what happens.. I know it's counter productive kinda but I read some issues about 16gig ram in win7 and some games *shrugs*

on the topic of color crystals, I saw someone rolling with two purple lightsabers. It looked pretty badass

Really? I'd love to get them but I haven't figured out how yet. I've seen NPC's with them and yeah, they did look badass. But I've never seen a player character with them.

wow... that's weird, I upgraded my rig a week ago from the one in my sig to:
i5 2500k
MSI mobo
8gb ram
I still have that 4870 gpu and my FPS went from 20-22avg to a freaking 80-90 avg :D... try taking out 8gig of ram and see what happens.. I know it's counter productive kinda but I read some issues about 16gig ram in win7 and some games *shrugs*

I'm going to give that a shot. I am running out of ideas as to what it could be. I'm hoping its some weird mobo/ram/swtor combination issue or something

Really? I'd love to get them but I haven't figured out how yet. I've seen NPC's with them and yeah, they did look badass. But I've never seen a player character with them.

yeah, I saw it and was like wait a second... and the guy had two of them.

edit: he also then proceeded to kick my ass like six times...

You actually get 4 bars if you enable the left and right ones. It's in the user interface menu I believe.

And what the hell is an "FP?" All the MMO acronyms are really starting to piss me off. I guess I'm not hardcore enough to have learned all of them. It seems like I'm always seeing new acronyms as well. :mad: I've tried lots of MMOs but this one, Age of Conan and Guild Wars were the only ones I played very much of and I still only got one character to level 17 or so in Guild Wars and level 55 in Age of Conan before I gave up on both games. Guild Wars because I got bored and Age of Conan because of all the bugs and the lack of content at higher levels. I've probably got more time in on The Old Republic than I do both those games combined.

lol I have this same problem and found this site last night
http://mmoterms.com/full-mmorpg-terms-glossary

hope it helps

Purple badass? What about silver, like in KOTOR2. That was badass.

Purple badass? What about silver, like in KOTOR2. That was badass.

MACEWINDU.GIF

I'd say purple is pretty badass.:D

so I'm sitting here at work connected to my PC at home and working on my crafting :D fun times...

I'm going to give that a shot. I am running out of ideas as to what it could be. I'm hoping its some weird mobo/ram/swtor combination issue or something
yeah, not sure if it's going to help you. originally I was going to go with 16gb ram but after reading about those weird issues I decided against it.. it's more like win7/mobo issues not recognizing 16gb of memory but who the hell knows...

yeah, not sure if it's going to help you. originally I was going to go with 16gb ram but after reading about those weird issues I decided against it.. it's more like win7/mobo issues not recognizing 16gb of memory but who the hell knows...

Well I have 16 gigs of RAM and my comp runs shit fine, so I'm hoping for a weird compatibility issue. Maybe he doesn't have W7 service pack 1 installed and that's causing the problem?

Well I have 16 gigs of RAM and my comp runs shit fine, so I'm hoping for a weird compatibility issue. Maybe he doesn't have W7 service pack 1 installed and that's causing the problem?

I've installed all the win7 updates before installing back swtor.. also I can't remember reading if you had issues with other games on that PC so also maybe install another newer game that came out recently...idk know what else to tell you

I've installed all the win7 updates before installing back swtor.. also I can't remember reading if you had issues with other games on that PC so also maybe install another newer game that came out recently...idk know what else to tell you

The PC runs other games fine, TOR is the exception. I tested the graphics card in a different box to make sure it wasn't the problem (I wish I could have tested a graphics card in his system to help diagnose it, but my card is too damn big[I forget this because of my 800D].) So the card is not the problem. I reformatted his comp (it was a relatively new install so nothing was really lost in the process), the problem persisted through the reformat. I've tried all the recent drivers from AMD.

Back