Official [H] Star Wars:The Old Republic Thread

Ya but then again do you feel it's fair, for people who have been waiting forever to play the game, to have to feel as if they don't spend 150 plus tax that they can't play as soon as they could of if they had paid all that money? In other words what I'm saying is....my 80 bucks wasn't enough to get me in as early as is possible instead I should have given them 150 bucks to get in a little earlier? You don't see a problem with that? Heh I do and it pisses me off to be very honest. I shouldn't have to feel like I need to drop that retarded amount of cash just to play like everyone else who paid more? I'm sorry they can do what they want ovbviously but I can still not like it and call it scumy.

Might not be fair but it is only a week I believe. If it was months I'd be ticked.

Ya but then again do you feel it's fair, for people who have been waiting forever to play the game, to have to feel as if they don't spend 150 plus tax that they can't play as soon as they could of if they had paid all that money? In other words what I'm saying is....my 80 bucks wasn't enough to get me in as early as is possible instead I should have given them 150 bucks to get in a little earlier? You don't see a problem with that? Heh I do and it pisses me off to be very honest. I shouldn't have to feel like I need to drop that retarded amount of cash just to play like everyone else who paid more? I'm sorry they can do what they want ovbviously but I can still not like it and call it scumy.

well that's not entirely true... it's not 90 bucks or 70 bucks more just to get to play 7 or 3 days early... that's just an added bonus. The extra money is for the fact that it's Star Wars and it's a collectible - it will be worth something regardless just due to the ip, though I do agree it is a rather large amount of money for something that's cost half as much in the past for other games

Whatever, I blame George Lucas... and I'll still have fun playing the game.

Might not be fair but it is only a week I believe. If it was months I'd be ticked.

When you've been waiting for 5 years for the game to finally go live you want to get in asap. Not to mention that I gave them 80 dollars wtf that should be enough. I mean seriously....they are shot. No instead I need to give them 150 dollars? Heh no. Whatever it's just annoying. As it stands now though, it seems the amount of headstart you get may be tied into when you redeemed your key code. FFS. I mean I redeemed mine this afternoon but still they are being twats imo.

Not to mention all the people that want to play with their friends and with everyone starting at different times " cause ya man like what are you stupid you didn't pay 150 dollars for the game so you don't get to play with us duh" that's gonna suck.

I was reading that one of the big expenses with a MMO launch is acutally the human resources cost. Servers are cheap, but for the first couple days you get a huge amount of in game tickets for stuff. With an unlimited launch sometimes those tickets can go unanswered for days as the teams try to catch up. With a staggered launch it alliviates the stress on the people in addition to allowing server stress areas to be relieved and starting areas to be very slightly less crowded. Whether or not people agree with this is another matter but oh well.

I bought the normal version of the game this morning. I want to play the game, I don't need all the extra stuff.

That's pissing me off as well. I think people who pre-ordered the deluxe edition should get in with the CE people. I did drop $80 on this.

That's pissing me off as well. I think people who pre-ordered the deluxe edition should get in with the CE people. I did drop $80 on this.

Ya and you would think that would be MORE than enough. LOL suprise.....it's not. :rolleyes:

Does anyone else find it strange they are trying to get people to pre-order the game before their is even a wide spread beta? an Open beta? Or any large amount of people that have actually gotten any hands on time with this game? I feel they are trying to pull a quick one get people to buy a game before most people even play it to sell more copies. It appears to me as if they were hiding something and want to sell out before people realize the game is crap and they cant sell copies.

Most MMO's dont go up for pre-order until a large scale beta or open beta.... = /

not to mention you are pre-ordering a game with no official release date?

you can pre order most mmo's before any sort of open beta happens its nothing new.

Wow, so I come home from work and all the CE preorders are already sold out???? This is bullshit!

Dude your that anxious to give them 150 dollars for some extra shit? You serious? If you ask me they did you a favor selling out. saves you alot of money wasted. Think of the extra months of game time that can pay.

Live update from BW.....ALL CES are currently sold out from all retailers. That's straight from comicon.

Whatever your opinion is on the CE, it's retarded that I couldn't even have the CHANCE to buy one just because I work a typical 9-5 job away from a computer...

As excited as I am for SWTOR I am seriously reconsidering ever buying it...

Whatever your opinion is on the CE, it's retarded that I couldn't even have the CHANCE to buy one just because I work a typical 9-5 job away from a computer...

Fair enough.

Im usually in a rush to get to max level in mmo's so that head-headstart of the CE would usually be a good enough reason for me to get it. But imo for SWTOR i dont give a shit about getting to max level ASAP.

Im usually sorta ocd to that sort of thing but with SWTOR im going to take my time and enjoy the stories for all 8 classes. So a 3 day headstart will be fine with me. Since im actually going To take my time this time around and enjoy the journy the story is there unlike most mmo's where its a skip text fest until you get your reward.

Im going to start with a Sith: Marauder which will be my main character. Then in the following order when i decide to play the stories for the rest of the classes..

Jedi: Guardian.
Trooper: Commando (Going to plan to play my trooper with 3 trooper friends so we are like a squad of troopers on the battlefield)
Sith Assassin
Imperial Agent: Operative
Jedi: Sage
Smuggler: Scoundrel
Bounty Hunter: Powertech

I think they are doing it based on when you registered your pre order key. Seems the latest information is the sooner you register the more headstart time you get. Meh whatever. The whole thing is retarded in my opinion.

heh I saw the email this morning before I went to work and bought it then ;)

they'll make more..trust me, its all part of the marketing campaign

when i was in college, i took a special topics class on hitler...he wanted a smaller room packed with people as opposed to having a large hall half filled with people to give the illusion of alot of people attending his 'rallies'

at 150 a pop, they'll make more all night long for that price

i promise on the day of launch, i'll walk into my local best buy, and find 100 standard editions and 30 ce editions on the shelf..i'll pay for the standard, drive home, calmly load the game and within 2 hours, be playing the game with no drama whatsoever

don't fall for the dark side of the force....

Apparently amazon says they will get more from EA soon. More CE's that is.

Just finished my CE pre-order at gamestop.com :D

Can't wait for this game. Just had my birthday yesterday, this is a great birthday present to myself :p

i promise on the day of launch, i'll walk into my local best buy, and find 100 standard editions and 30 ce editions on the shelf..i'll pay for the standard, drive home, calmly load the game and within 2 hours, be playing the game with no drama whatsoever

don't fall for the dark side of the force....

watch it take atleast 2 hours just to install the 50GB game and then if you have to download a massive content patch also you get to wait longer..

whats wrong with just doing a pre order which costs the same as buying it at the store and just pre installing it. even if you intend to play it on the normal launch day and not take part in the early access...

gamestop is known to sell more CE's than they actually have and randomly switch peoples orders to standard versions.

Apparently guys you have to register your keys on the TOR site with your TOR account on the site to get the early headstart access. Not only that but you need to do it asap because how early you get to start is determined by when you register the key.

Apparently guys you have to register your keys on the TOR site with your TOR account on the site to get the early headstart access. Not only that but you need to do it asap because how early you get to start is determined by when you register the key.

Yeah, kind of annoying because I ordered going on 3 hours ago now but still no e-mail with the code.

Ugh, still no code from Gamestop.

Yeah it said within 24 hours. Still haven't got mine yet either...but I will wait 24 hours before I make a fuss since that is what the gamestop game page said and I am glad I even got the CE, because I thought they were sold out too...

Yeah it said within 24 hours. Still haven't got mine yet either...but I will wait 24 hours before I make a fuss since that is what the gamestop game page said and I am glad I even got the CE, because I thought they were sold out too...

Yeah, same here, it's just weird because plenty of other people got theirs within an hour or two. Makes you go, "ok, is something wrong here or...?" Especially since "The order in which you purchase and redeem your Pre-Order Code is the order in which you will gain early access to the game, prior to official launch day." --- Straight from the Bioware/EA preorder notification email. I'm gonna be pissed if I get delayed a full day or something because of Gamestop's shitty code distribution...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChrqpYv1wqM"]‪2011 Comic-Con - Star Wars The Old Republic Q&A Session - 7.21.11‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

vid of comic con Q&A for those that missed it

enjoy

Yeah, same here, it's just weird because plenty of other people got theirs within an hour or two. Makes you go, "ok, is something wrong here or...?" Especially since "The order in which you purchase and redeem your Pre-Order Code is the order in which you will gain early access to the game, prior to official launch day." --- Straight from the Bioware/EA preorder notification email. I'm gonna be pissed if I get delayed a full day or something because of Gamestop's shitty code distribution...

Sorry to hear that, I ordered through Amazon as well as my buddy. We got our code instantly. I know that doesn't help your situation but man, I feel your pain.

New Q/A from a tester up and a galaxy map on betacake. Guys lets get this thread active again. For some reason the pre order thread has gotten more active than the main one. I really don't understand why we can't talk about all things related to TOR here but whatever.

Check out the q/a pretty cool info there.

http://betacake.blogspot.com/

I agree, I will stop using that other thread completely.

By the way, one thing I was really impress with from the PVP and Coruscant videos was the audio quality. Wow, the sound effects and audio environment are just awesome.

I agree, I will stop using that other thread completely.

By the way, one thing I was really impress with from the PVP and Coruscant videos was the audio quality. Wow, the sound effects and audio environment are just awesome.

Ya it was nice. Crousant is just amazingly huge and the sense of size and depth are really what you woudl expect after seeing it inthe movies.

CE back in stock on amazon, got myself one :cool:

quite excited

I should probably read up on this game, I know nothing of it really :p

Back