Official GW2 Screenshot Thread

bpizzle1

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm surprised there hasn't been one of these made yet! The game is absolutely gorgeous IMO, and definitely deserves a thread like this. Feel free to share whatever.

*I'm on my laptop, so I'll post some of my own later when I'm actually at my PC*

SKxcX.jpg

6LwY2.jpg

UD8gs.jpg

tMIsN.jpg

e6yvy.jpg

JXLgR.jpg

hahaha your thief looks identical to mine armor hair and color everything lmfao.

Skyrim with the hires texture pack murders this right? I mean, really, the pics in post #2 are actually pretty bad.

Yeah I think Skyrim does look better in some aspects though, as you admit, it does have an add-on texture pack the was released post launch.

Also, it is a comparision of a single player game against a MMO. A more accurate comparasion would be MMO vs MMO.

Further, I expect the last few posts will be deleted as they do not contain sceenshots, including this post I am typing now.

Last edited:
I like the way it looks. Certainly better than most of the thriving MMO's! I might take some screenshots later.

Skyrim does murder it once you factor in ENB but it looks decent for an MMO.

A660F6C7C80A5E004E47AFD5F664F4FDC82DF716

C29821C6BB2B147D0B164D08D88F52D0AF85B207

4A2D9DBED27659CC8B7B5720C539E3E422593F54

It's uh ... well it's kind of ugly isn't it? Aion and TERA look a generation more advanced (Crytek and Unreal3 engines, respectively). Frankly the models and textures look a lot closer to WoW quality than I expected.

I hope the animations and environments are well done. I need to check out some videos and see how it looks in action.

Take some scenic shots guys... there are some AMAZING views. The central hub in the human city to start wirth... and just looking across the city. I'll take some pics when I get home.

Last edited:
It's uh ... well it's kind of ugly isn't it? Aion and TERA look a generation more advanced (Crytek and Unreal3 engines, respectively). Frankly the models and textures look a lot closer to WoW quality than I expected.

I hope the animations and environments are well done. I need to check out some videos and see how it looks in action.

Reminds me of TOR: pretty colors, but horrible technical implementation that looks ages-old and outdated. Look at anything from less than 100 feet away and it crumbles :(.

Here's max settings 2560x1600 including Ultra shadows etc.:

gw2goldentiger2.jpg

Back