OFFICIAL : GTX 970 SETTLEMENT check thread

Got the following reply from [email protected]:

Hello,

We are in the process of distributing the final round of claims rewards. Please reach out again next month if you still have not received your reward.

Thank you

Fingers crossed...

It's been 6 days since I fired off my reply to them asking them how I failed to provide proof of purchase when I repeatedly sent them exactly what they asked for.

Nothing but crickets.

It's been 6 days since I fired off my reply to them asking them how I failed to provide proof of purchase when I repeatedly sent them exactly what they asked for.

Nothing but crickets.

After a bit over two weeks without reply, I emailed them back and asked them what my status was. They ignored what I'd sent them earlier and repeated that I'd not submitted proof of purchase. I asked them, again, what was wrong with the information I sent them that they'd specifically asked for and what else would constitute proof of purchase. They repeated the same mantra. I even sent them a copy of my invoice and asked if that's what they wanted. Again, they repeated their earlier non-answers and heavily implied I'd never see a dime.

Not that it'll make any difference, but I've filed a Better Business Bureau (BBB) complaint against them (case number 599723).

I'm in the same boat as other people who haven't seen a dime from this settlement despite sending in proof of purchase... twice. No clue what's going on over there, but it reeks of unethical conduct and/or incompetence.

And, there doesn't seem to be anybody to actually complain to.

Following the links at the bottom of the GTX 970 Settlement page to Kurtzman Carson Consultants LLC web page and going to the bottom of the About Us page:

http://www.kccllc.com/about-us

shows three addresses:

2335 Alaska Avenue
El Segundo, CA 90245
T: 310.823.9000

1290 Avenue of the Americas
9th Floor
New York, NY 10104
T: 917.281.4800

3301 Kerner Boulevard
San Rafael, CA 94901
T: 415.798.5900

I can only find reference to the El Sequndo, CA address at the BBB:

https://www.bbb.org/losangelessilic...an-carson-consultants-in-el-segundo-ca-411749

The Providence, RI address where my deficiency form went doesn't show up anywhere. That BBB page shows 6 complaints. KCC LLC didn't even bother responding to 2 of them (they're not BBB accredited).

Looking at the web page for the judge who presided over the case:

http://www.cand.uscourts.gov/pjh

there doesn't seem to be anyone obvious to complain to.

I've looked at the FTC complaint page:

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/?utm_source=takeaction#crnt&panel1-1

but none of those areas seem to fit.

On the Nvidia site I initially posted on, no one cares and I've basically been told Nvidia doesn't care: they've sent their money out and have washed their hands of the whole thing.

This is the same kind of scam that happens with product rebates. Except, this time, I was very careful to follow their instructions exactly. All to be told my response was deficient, but in what way no one will tell me. It's like a Kafka novel.

well the number I had was 1-844-312-5253 , with a lot if info on there , but
still I haven't received my $30 rebate for buying this evga 970 card eventhough
sent info twice correctly ............

pc gaming is a mess now........ win 10 , expensive over priced gpus (if you can find
one) , cpus with meltdown/spectre holes, memory way to expensive .

I'm surprised there hasn't been more outcry from companies that cater to
gamers over all this...

well, got my $30 refund check ! Amazing .......had to send forms in twice ..

So, there's hope still for the rest of you that haven't gotten the refund yet.....

I just got my check today for $690. I had claimed like 30 cards or something and it was supposed to be $800 but I'll take $690 i guess...

For those wondering, I too was initially rejected and told to send proof of purchase or whatever.

40199578792_7b16861675_b.jpg

Update, I saw a unicorn today, and that unicorn came in an envelope from "GTX 970 Settlement" and contained a promissory note in the amount of $60 for 2 GTX970's. I'm still looking at it in shock. This is the first and only response I got since submitting. No requests for no info, no updates, nothing; just a black hole.

I filed Nov 2016

Attachments

• gtx970 finally came.jpg
    gtx970 finally came.jpg
    765 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Told ya unicorns aren't only for investors!

These companies get a "Lump sum payment" to handle all this, and a lot of times they will sit on the money, and deny claims. Whatever isn't claimed they keep. But delaying claims allows them to invest it in a low yield fund to get more return on it. Even a low yield fund over 4 years could turn around 20%. On a couple million, that isn't chump change.

That should be illegal in my book, but there are no laws preventing it.

Back