OFFICIAL : GTX 970 SETTLEMENT check thread

:( Too bad 970 users outside the US couldn't get the money... it would have made for most of the gskill 780 mechanical keyboard I wanted.

Got my $30 check back in mid-April. Surprise visit from the cash fairy, cuz I had forgotten about all this. Pockets ain't empty no mo' (that's a lie). Between the partial refunds from e-tailers back when the issue first really blew up, and these settlement checks, the GTX970 turned out to be a helluva deal. Shiat, I already thought it was a good purchase at launch, at full price, before any of this shit came to light. The GTX 970 wasn't done giving though. Stellar performance, plus some of your money back. Wasn't expecting that last part, but yeah I'll sure as fuck take it.

I got my $60 yesterday(7/21) in the mail. Now if only the latest video cards were cheaper...

How do you get in on this and what is required? I bought a GTX970 back in January of 2016

How do you get in on this and what is required? I bought a GTX970 back in January of 2016
Hate to say it, but I think it's too late. A number sites had posted the link last fall and I think the deadline was last October/September or something like that. I can't remember if it was here, Tom's, or even NewEgg but that's how I found out about it. The original link went to a legal site representing the class action suit. From there you filled out a form, and submitted your purchase receipts/invoices as proof. TBH I started to think it was fake till we started getting checks. It took nearly a year.

Has anybody gotten their checks that initially got a denial letter? Please update if so.

Wtf? Still no check, no rejection letter, no reply from the asshats at KCC now 20 days later.. nothing

:bored:

I emailed [email protected] about the status of my claim and I got a check two days later for the two cards I own. They didn't respond to the email but did mail a check apparently after they saw that I contacted them. I knew I sent all the necessary documentation over such as the invoices. Maybe if more people just emailed that link I mentioned they will send the money. I bet they will hold on to millions of dollars of unclaimed money if people don't respond back because it's probably sitting in a high-intrest account.

I emailed [email protected] about the status of my claim and I got a check two days later for the two cards I own. They didn't respond to the email but did mail a check apparently after they saw that I contacted them. I knew I sent all the necessary documentation over such as the invoices. Maybe if more people just emailed that link I mentioned they will send the money. I bet they will hold on to millions of dollars of unclaimed money if people don't respond back because it's probably sitting in a high-intrest account.

What date does it say on your check? Also did you get a deficiency of claim notice? I'm trying to figure out if it's a new wave of checks or not.

Sounds like luck to me, believe me -- me and many many many others have contacted in them all forms possible. (and multiple times in all forms)

I have yet to ever even receive a response from them by email.

I have yet to ever even receive a response from them by email.

Seems all 3 (Bursor, KCC & GTX970settlement) have stopped responding to emails.. fucking shady garbage POS lawyers.

EDIT: Bursor finally responded (only one of those three to ever get reply) and basically rehashed info they gave me months ago, in addition to telling me to contact KCC for the status of my claim..
We are currently in the process of mailing checks. As you can imagine, they tend to go in "waves" or "rounds" of distribution. We just mailed out the second round, which we believe accounts for the bulk of the claims. We don't have a definite endpoint, but I expect that distribution will be fully complete in a matter of 1-3 months. The claims distribution process has taken longer than expected given the large number of claims submitted in this case, it takes some time to verify all the claims, prepare the checks, and create the physical mailings.

If you have any questions about the status of your claim, please contact KCC, the Court-appointed claims administrator. To clear up any possible ambiguity, we are with the law firm representing Plaintiffs. As is the norm in this industry, the Court appoints a third-party company that specializes in collecting claims, verifying them, and mailing checks. This means that we don't personally have your records on hand -- that's maintained with KCC. Their website is http://www.kccllc.com/. Their general number is (866) 381-9100. The number regarding the GTX 970 case is (844) 312-5253, but I'm not sure if that's staffed by live humans (the main number is),

Last edited:
Not sure if this number was posted before, but if anyone still needs to check on the status of their claim, call (866) 627-2104 which is the KCC class-action claims assistance line (the other two numbers provided by Bursor in my post above won't do you any good) and they don't respond to emails.

After about a 20-minute hold, they were able to look up my claim number, verify my address and told me that my "claim is valid", but the "distribution date is still to be determined" for some reason and that they'd escalate the issue and get back to me in 2 business days about the matter. If nothing else, was just kinda glad to hear that my claim number and info was actually in their system.

This is ranking right up there in my list of most time and effort spent for the least amount of money in return :confused:

Not sure if this number was posted before, but if anyone still needs to check on the status of their claim, call (866) 627-2104 which is the KCC class-action claims assistance line (the other two numbers provided by Bursor in my post above won't do you any good) and they don't respond to emails.

After about a 20-minute hold, they were able to look up my claim number, verify my address and told me that my "claim is valid", but the "distribution date is still to be determined" for some reason and that they'd escalate the issue and get back to me in 2 business days about the matter. If nothing else, was just kinda glad to hear that my claim number and info was actually in their system.

This is ranking right up there in my list of most time and effort spent for the least amount of money in return :confused:
Other people are fighting for $100-$1000+ worth.. a mess..

Other people are fighting for $100-$1000+ worth.. a mess..

Yeah, I can kinda see how they'd wanna scrutinize someone claiming two dozen cards that weren't for resale.. was just making a point that I'm a cheap bastard wasting my time chasing $30 (though it's mostly out of principle).

In any case, I really do hope everyone gets their checks, whether it's 30 people claiming $1000 or 1,000 of us claiming $30

Yeah, I can kinda see how they'd wanna scrutinize someone claiming two dozen cards that weren't for resale.. was just making a point that I'm a cheap bastard wasting my time chasing $30 (though it's mostly out of principle).

In any case, I really do hope everyone gets their checks, whether it's 30 people claiming $1000 or 1,000 of us claiming $30

In my case I was crypto mining and the .5 gigs shorted per card added up to a lot of loss in performance that was expected.

This mostly effected people utilizing max resources and was very noticeable. An average gamer really would not notice much and may never even surpass 3GB or enough to notice etc.

An average gamer really would not notice much and may never even surpass 3GB or enough to notice etc.

I bought mine based on the price and advertised specs, and solely cuz there was an empty slot for a card in my build (and for playing around with video upscaling and decoding).

Don't give a rats ass if it functionally effects how I use the card for whatever reasons, only that .5GB of the 4GB running at a severely reduced speed was not listed in the specs and went against years of industry precedence, and was therefore misleading to all consumers imo (whether or not it truly effected their usage, or whether they were using it for gaming or mining or whatever).

Anyway, think this is all off-topic at this point in time, so yeah.. good luck to all (y)

Nothing yet and filled out the rejection letter... Meanwhile in Cancun Mexico

I bought mine based on the price and advertised specs, and solely cuz there was an empty slot for a card in my build (and for playing around with video upscaling and decoding).

Don't give a rats ass if it functionally effects how I use the card for whatever reasons, only that .5GB of the 4GB running at a severely reduced speed was not listed in the specs and went against years of industry precedence, and was therefore misleading to all consumers imo (whether or not it truly effected their usage, or whether they were using it for gaming or mining or whatever).

Anyway, think this is all off-topic at this point in time, so yeah.. good luck to all (y)
Yeah 99% of gamers did not notice, so this kind of lawsuit becomes useful.

Just not when they make you spend more of your time than its worth getting the refund.

Yeah 99% of gamers did not notice, so this kind of lawsuit becomes useful.

The only time I really noticed was when I played GTA V on high settings. The in-game estimated video memory usage showed I had enough memory, but the game just crawled until I turned the settings down to about .5 GB under the reported space. With the slightly lower settings, FPS jumped from 25 to 55. Not really a big issue for me... just saying, I guess I'm the 1% that noticed, lol.

I'm guessing you spoke with Marsha? She sounds African American and says shes the only one working there. Well I hope you get a response back because I've been trying to get her to escalate my case 3x now. And each time nobody calls me back. Pretty much how everybody else's experience here as well. They say we will escalate it and nothing ever happens.

Seems all 3 (Bursor, KCC & GTX970settlement) have stopped responding to emails.. fucking shady garbage POS lawyers.

EDIT: Bursor finally responded (only one of those three to ever get reply) and basically rehashed info they gave me months ago, in addition to telling me to contact KCC for the status of my claim..

Did you reply back saying this is an unacceptable canned response?

I'm guessing you spoke with Marsha? She sounds African American and says shes the only one working there. Well I hope you get a response back because I've been trying to get her to escalate my case 3x now. And each time nobody calls me back. Pretty much how everybody else's experience here as well. They say we will escalate it and nothing ever happens.
Yes, I'm pretty sure it's the same lady that I spoke with. Never asked for her to escalate the case, but after she said they'd be emailing me (at least had my email on file) I instantly gave up hope of ever hearing back from them. Would be pleasantly surprised if they did, but I'm doubtful that they actually will.

Did you reply back saying this is an unacceptable canned response?
Haven't even replied back to Bursor yet, but I've been trying to be careful not to press my luck with them, since they're the only ones that will actually respond to emails. So far it's been "wait a month" then I write back, then "should be another 4 weeks" then I write back, and it's now "distribution should be complete within 1 to 3 months" (I'm paraphrasing these quotes).. and it's been exactly 3 months since I've first contacted them, so it should be complete? Or they're expecting me to wait until November?

I'm sure they're already aware that their canned responses are bullshit, but I'm afraid that's probably the best info we'll ever get out of them. I'll probably wait another month and then email Bursor and call KCC again, and then rinse and repeat until I feel I've wasted $30 of their time.

I called the 866 627 2104 number and after some digging they found my 2 claims but said they were still "pending". I submitted these October 9, 2016 and have never received any email or snail mail about my payout. She said she didn't have any information on when the pay out would come. I protested that the money was released almost 6 months ago, but the people on that phone number know nothing. I was told I could email [email protected] and I did yesterday but don't expect to hear back.

At some point we might have to consider filing a class action suit, to get the payout from the other class action suit since they are obviously holding onto the money as long as they can, and likely making bank on interest.

I called the 866 627 2104 number and after some digging they found my 2 claims but said they were still "pending". I submitted these October 9, 2016 and have never received any email or snail mail about my payout. She said she didn't have any information on when the pay out would come. I protested that the money was released almost 6 months ago, but the people on that phone number know nothing. I was told I could email [email protected] and I did yesterday but don't expect to hear back.

At some point we might have to consider filing a class action suit, to get the payout from the other class action suit since they are obviously holding onto the money as long as they can, and likely making bank on interest.

You won't find one lawyer on the planet to take the case for a missing 60.00

You won't find one lawyer on the planet to take the case for a missing 60.00

The settlement is a lot more than 60 dollars. In any case I did get a response from Bursor & Fisher. See below

"Hello,

We are currently in the process of mailing checks. As you can imagine, they tend to go in "waves" or "rounds" of distribution. We just mailed out the second round, which we believe accounts for the bulk of the claims. We don't have a definite endpoint, but I expect that distribution will be fully complete in a matter of 1-3 months. The claims distribution process has taken longer than expected given the large number of claims submitted in this case, it takes some time to verify all the claims, prepare the checks, and create the physical mailings.

If you have any questions about the status of your claim, please contact KCC, the Court-appointed claims administrator. To clear up any possible ambiguity, we are with the law firm representing Plaintiffs. As is the norm in this industry, the Court appoints a third-party company that specializes in collecting claims, verifying them, and mailing checks. This means that we don't personally have your records on hand -- that's maintained with KCC. Their website is http://www.kccllc.com/. Their general number is (866) 381-9100. The number regarding the GTX 970 case is (844) 312-5253, but I'm not sure if that's staffed by live humans (the main number is),"

So your screaming about filing a class action lawsuit sounded a bit premature then? I only got my check last month and had pretty much given up on it as it had taken way longer than I honestly expected. No screaming of lawsuit came out of my mouth. :D

Thanks for this. I called, since my emails have been ignored. They said that my claim number needed documentation, which I had already provided back in June when they sent out those letters.

They're supposed to contact me within 72 hours, so we'll see how it goes. It will be worth it for $90. I might end up putting that towards a GTX 1060 or something.

Thanks for this. I called, since my emails have been ignored. They said that my claim number needed documentation, which I had already provided back in June when they sent out those letters.

They're supposed to contact me within 72 hours, so we'll see how it goes. It will be worth it for $90. I might end up putting that towards a GTX 1060 or something.

Sure thing! They likely won't contact you back, though. And yeah, for $90 you might wanna call back (or maybe ask someone here) and see exactly what type of documentation they want and what address to send it to and just send it all in again.

Or maybe what you sent them in June still hasn't been processed yet? They apparently only have 2 people doing all the work and processing the likely hundreds of thousands of claims (1 dude at Bursor writing emails and the 1 lady at KCC with an imaginary escalation team checking documentation and cutting all the checks :D)

In any case I did get a response from Bursor & Fisher..

That was the same thing Bursor sent me a week or so ago, verbatim.

The settlement is a lot more than 60 dollars. In any case I did get a response from Bursor & Fisher. See below

"Hello,

If you have any questions about the status of your claim, please contact KCC, the Court-appointed claims administrator. To clear up any possible ambiguity, we are with the law firm representing Plaintiffs. As is the norm in this industry, the Court appoints a third-party company that specializes in collecting claims, verifying them, and mailing checks. This means that we don't personally have your records on hand -- that's maintained with KCC. Their website is http://www.kccllc.com/. Their general number is (866) 381-9100. The number regarding the GTX 970 case is (844) 312-5253, but I'm not sure if that's staffed by live humans (the main number is),"

Hate to say this but this is a canned response they've been sending for about 2 months now. It's nothing new and if anything, you'll get this EXACT same e-mail again if you e-mail them in 3 months from today. It's atrocious how they're treating all their customers right now. More specifically towards the ones who got rejection notices and call to inquire what's going on. They say we will escalate and get back to you but never do. It's just a huge run around. What a bloody mess.

Hate to say this but this is a canned response they've been sending for about 2 months now. It's nothing new and if anything, you'll get this EXACT same e-mail again if you e-mail them in 3 months from today.

I'd bet money that he'll get a different canned response in another month or two from Bursor (though it'll likely be the same bullshit message with different timeframes and reworded). I've gotten 3 responses from them during June, July and August, and all three have been different (though the same as everyone else's, and circling around the same central theme of "should be complete sometime in the future"). But yeah, they're absolutely giving us the round around.

I wonder if this is something we can individually report to our respective state's Attorney General, since they usually handle consumer protection issues? Or maybe the FTC fraud division?

Holy crap, just got my $30!! :woot:

Check was dated August 10th, so not sure if contacting KCC actually did anything or just a coincidence. Good luck everyone!

here here , I was rejected once for 7 cards, and sent back all the receipts and serial numbers as asked for. Since then, silence......... Emailed too, nothing....

Back