OFFICIAL : GTX 970 SETTLEMENT check thread

MONEY!!!! :jawdrop:

2iau8b4.jpg

Also part of the 7-14-17 check cycle, $30, no rejection or anything. I had pretty much lost faith in ever seeing it.

Already budgeted for hookers and stuff. :whistle:

My $60 cheque also received yesterday in WA. Didn't receive a deficient claim notice or any other paperwork since I filed in October. What a shit show.

Just a public feeler,

Me being one of the initially rejected people, though I provided the "Invoices" for my 6 cards, as originally requested, at the time of my original submission in the early stages last year.

I have since went through the work of going to my local MC and having a receipt reprint with serial numbers, as well as contacting newegg to get my serial numbers, and have since mailed that back.

My question as we sit here and wait is, those that have been rejected. I am getting the feeling that perhaps many, or most, of us have submitted for more that 1 card, is this correct? Me, for example, is claiming 6 cards for which I have provided all the required info, which should yield me a $180 check. I am curious if it is the "larger" payouts that are being harassed.

Just a public feeler,

Me being one of the initially rejected people, though I provided the "Invoices" for my 6 cards, as originally requested, at the time of my original submission in the early stages last year.

I have since went through the work of going to my local MC and having a receipt reprint with serial numbers, as well as contacting newegg to get my serial numbers, and have since mailed that back.

My question as we sit here and wait is, those that have been rejected. I am getting the feeling that perhaps many, or most, of us have submitted for more that 1 card, is this correct? Me, for example, is claiming 6 cards for which I have provided all the required info, which should yield me a $180 check. I am curious if it is the "larger" payouts that are being harassed.

I only bought one card and still got rejected. I also have yet to receive my check after resubmitting.

Just a public feeler,

That might be the case as I submitted for 29 cards and even provided receipts for every single one. But there are numerous people who got rejected for just submitting a claim for one card.

I don't think the amount matters.

I got a rejection letter for just 1 card and have yet to hear anything back after resending all the info.

That might be the case as I submitted for 29 cards and even provided receipts for every single one. But there are numerous people who got rejected for just submitting a claim for one card.

I don't think the amount matters.
Let me ask you this, I think we may have a "scenario" here.

I assume you may have sold off or returned some of those 29 cards since buying them? I am wondering if the serial numbers tied to the cards are being claimed by other people (and perhaps single claims have a faster approval process than people with multiple claims. So by the time they get to us, we are already the second person trying to claim a card we originally bought retail), OR, the serial number in the manf's DB for example has been marked as a return and thus doesn't qualify.......

I know in my possession today, we only have 2 of the 6 970's left. Others have gone somewhere......... mix of different places.

Let me ask you this, I think we may have a "scenario" here.

I assume you may have sold off or returned some of those 29 cards since buying them? I am wondering if the serial numbers tied to the cards are being claimed by other people (and perhaps single claims have a faster approval process than people with multiple claims. So by the time they get to us, we are already the second person trying to claim a card we originally bought retail), OR, the serial number in the manf's DB for example has been marked as a return and thus doesn't qualify.......

I know in my possession today, we only have 2 of the 6 970's left. Others have gone somewhere......... mix of different places.

This is actually what Im thinking as well. I sold off all the 970s that I bought and the 2nd owners are trying to make a claim on the cards, so I believe that we all got rejections because someone else is trying to make a claim with the same serial numbers.

Now, I am wondering that if, let's say, one of our serials out of our multiple serials is flagged. Are they rejecting us outright? I would think they send us a check for the remaining cards, instead of booting us all together from our claim if we have one or two bad apples in the bunch.

Last edited:
I highly doubt it has anything to do with multiple matching serial numbers.

And I'm not sure wtf is going on with them and how they handle calls. Its super unprofessional and feels like a bunch of 10 year old kids running a call center.

Is it too late to apply for this check?
nevermind. Only for US, and had to be by september 2016 or some shit.

I just got mine on Monday. I had honestly forgot about it. 30 bucks out of nowhere was nice though.

Last edited:
Also part of the 7-14-17 check cycle, $30, no rejection or anything. I had pretty much lost faith in ever seeing it.

Already budgeted for hookers and stuff. :whistle:

In my experience From what I've heard, any hooker that's cheap enough where you still have any money for "stuff" left out of $30, well, buyer beware.

Got my $60 today woo! Thought I'd never see it, but thankfully USPS successfully forwarded it from prior address in WI to CA.

Back