OFFICIAL : GTX 970 SETTLEMENT check thread

I'm not sure why people think these are fake reports, I too had submitted exactly the information that was asked for around 20 GPUs.

I am not a PC builder, but a crypto currency miner and had bought them to be mining at 100% at all times, so this half a gig actually made more of a difference to me, than the typical gamer and actually cut into my profits.

So far I've called this place 8 or so times, the first time was when I submitted the claim, wanting to make sure all info was submitted.

After receiving this later I've been calling demanding to know exactly what was not submitted correctly and so far I keep getting the run around saying I'll get called back -- one guy said a week, one girl kept saying within 3 days, each time I called -- 3 days apart.

This has been a very annoying process, I think we need to sue for wasted time? What was the point of having us go through the online form to just give us the run around? Newegg from whom I bought these from confirmed proof of purchase is just emailed.

I'm not sure why people think these are fake reports, I too had submitted exactly the information that was asked for around 20 GPUs.

I am not a PC builder, but a crypto currency miner and had bought them to be mining at 100% at all times, so this half a gig actually made more of a difference to me, than the typical gamer and actually cut into my profits.

So far I've called this place 8 or so times, the first time was when I submitted the claim, wanting to make sure all info was submitted.

After receiving this later I've been calling demanding to know exactly what was not submitted correctly and so far I keep getting the run around saying I'll get called back -- one guy said a week, one girl kept saying within 3 days, each time I called -- 3 days apart.

This has been a very annoying process, I think we need to sue for wasted time? What was the point of having us go through the online form to just give us the run around? Newegg from whom I bought these from confirmed proof of purchase is just emailed.

What phone number are you calling?

since I haven't received any letter asking me to re-submit anything I'm assuming my original claim was good...hopefully they start sending checks out again soon...somebody should ask them if they are sending them out in groups and when they next batch is due for mailing

What phone number are you calling?
The one on the official website is completely useless, if you scroll to the bottom you'll see a link to the KCC website.

http://www.kccllc.com/

then at the bottom you'll see

Kurtzman Carson Consultants
[email protected]

Tell the first person that answers to transfer you to class action lawsuits.

I actually had a super visor talk to me, telling me too bad and that I need to send the documents again, this time manually.

If you bought from newegg call them and they can send your serial numbers (and a fresh copy of your invoice - "proof of purchase") to you by email.

Last edited:
The one on the official website is completely useless, if you scroll to the bottom you'll see a link the the KCC website.

I actually had a super visor talk to me, telling me too bad and that I need to send the documents again, this time manually.

If you bought from newegg call them and they can send your serial numbers (and a fresh copy of your invoice - "proof of purchase") to you by email.

Ok just to confirm. We have to send in a receipt for every single card, PLUS a serial number? Or just a receipt for every single card is fine?

From what I've read on the rejection letter, it appears a receipt is fine.

Ok just to confirm. We have to send in a receipt for every single card, PLUS a serial number? Or just a receipt for every single card is fine?

From what I've read on the rejection letter, it appears a receipt is fine.

Mine asks to provide the number of graphics cards being claimed (no limit in this lawsuit by the way), proof of purchase for each chip, retailer purchased from, manufacturer of unit, and product ID (serial/part/device ID) number(s).

I'm printing out everything from newegg (they emailed serials by request but told me they "could" be wrong?) and even including the sticker for each GPU (cut out) of each box.

Maybe this will all be sent into a black hole.

This also states the dead line is 6/26/17 but I was also told on the phone they don't really have a dead line?

lol

http://www.kccllc.com/class-action/what-we-do/settlement-funds-escrow

Settlement Funds Escrow

HomeClass ActionWhat We DoSettlement Funds Escrow

KCC, through our affiliate, Computershare Trust Company N.A. (Computershare), offers comprehensive Escrow Services related to class action settlement funds.

As an escrow agent, Computershare has extensive experience in holding and distributing funds on behalf of our clients. We have acted as the escrow agent for numerous litigation settlements and related matters. Our team has distributed $250 billion in cash and manages $3 - $5 billion in daily deposits. Our escrow services afford you:

• Seamless management of funds from deposit to disbursement
  • Options for investments, including government-backed vehicles with interest rates that compare favorably with current market offerings
  • Access to exclusive banking partnerships with highly rated financial institutions that have a Tier 1 capital structure of more than $1 billion
  • A team that understands the nuances related to class action escrow administration

Mine asks to provide the number of graphics cards being claimed (no limit in this lawsuit by the way), proof of purchase for each chip, retailer purchased from, manufacturer of unit, and product ID (serial/part/device ID) number(s).

I'm printing out everything from newegg (they emailed serials by request but told me they "could" be wrong?) and even including the sticker for each GPU (cut out) of each box.

Maybe this will all be sent into a black hole.

This also states the dead line is 6/26/17 but I was also told on the phone they don't really have a dead line?

lol

I did notice on the rejection letter there was a small section (only 4 fillable slots) that you can fill out "Manufacture", "Retailer Purchased", "Product ID". However if you read closely, all it asked for was proof of purchase, and how many cards we are claiming. It doesn't say ANYTHING regarding filling out that small section regarding manufacturer etc.

I bring this to attention because what about folks who are claiming more than 4 cards? How the hell are we supposed to fill in that section if it only has 4 fillable slots? I don't know, its just a huge freaking mess if you ask me. But I'm certain the letter doesn't imply you needed to fill out all that info. It simply asked for proof of purchase and how many units claiming. It's impossible for me to track down every bloody serial number and hardware IDs on the 11 cards I am claiming.

I got the same rejection letter and needing to send in proof. I have 5 cards that i claimed. Argh.

I did notice on the rejection letter there was a small section (only 4 fillable slots) that you can fill out "Manufacture", "Retailer Purchased", "Product ID". However if you read closely, all it asked for was proof of purchase, and how many cards we are claiming. It doesn't say ANYTHING regarding filling out that small section regarding manufacturer etc.

I bring this to attention because what about folks who are claiming more than 4 cards? How the hell are we supposed to fill in that section if it only has 4 fillable slots? I don't know, its just a huge freaking mess if you ask me. But I'm certain the letter doesn't imply you needed to fill out all that info. It simply asked for proof of purchase and how many units claiming. It's impossible for me to track down every bloody serial number and hardware IDs on the 11 cards I am claiming.

I brought this up and they said to just put the serial numbers on another paper.

They said I should send in the serial numbers to be sure, they even kept asking me if I was sure I sent them in on the online form the first time.

Are you trying to say something helpful? Or are you trying to make me feel bad for some reason? I've read lots of posts. Several dozen if not several hundred seem to be fake or trying to just be funny. Very few seem to have any real information. What was your goal in writing your post?

So, you join [H] to ask a question answered aplenty in posts above yours. You object to being called out because of asking a bullshit question. You then proceed to accuse other people in the thread of joking or lying. Then, to top it off, you ask the self-same people you're accusing of joking or lying to tell you the truth.

Honestly, you wasted your first three posts on this forum. I hope you enjoy your stay. :whistle:

Sorry if anyone thinks I'm faking my report.

GPU.gif

Finally got my "deficient claim" notice. Not really sure what else to put on the form that I didn't already put on the first one.

since the letters people are receiving give a deadline of June 26th, I'm guessing that the next batch of checks won't be sent out till at least late July or August

Looks identical to the one TehTechie posted above - 5/26/17 as the date at the top, 6/26/17 as the deadline.

Ahh gotcha. I was trying to see if it was a different date, which would indicate different batches. I know a few reported saying they never received a rejection letter.

Hey guys, I'm new here, but I've been checking this thread for a little while now. I got that same deficient claim form letter. I called the number and talked to a woman who didn't seem to know much. I seriously think they just don't want to research this stuff themselves. A receipt or invoice makes it much easier for them. They asked for specific information, but if they actually want to check it out, they would need to do the research themselves. I provided serial numbers and device ids. I paid cash and couldn't find my receipts since I bought my cards a couple years ago. She told me just to resubmit with the same info. I don't know what else to do. I actually found the receipt for one, so that should be good, but I don't know about the other one. I also included a printout of the FAQ that stated what was required as proof of purchase and I highlighted where it said Serial Number and Device ID. Don't know if that would help, but the person I talked to kept talking about a receipt as if there aren't other forms of proof. She honestly seemed kinda clueless.

I'll update if I hear/see anything new about my situation. I wasn't even thinking about it until I heard people were getting checks and then I got that stupid letter...

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm new here, but I've been checking this thread for a little while now. I got that same deficient claim form letter. I called the number and talked to a woman who didn't seem to know much. I seriously think they just don't want to research this stuff themselves. A receipt or invoice makes it much easier for them. They asked for specific information, but if they actually want to check it out, they would need to do the research themselves. I provided serial numbers and device ids. I paid cash and couldn't find my receipts since I bought my cards a couple years ago. She told me just to resubmit with the same info. I don't know what else to do. I actually found the receipt for one, so that should be good, but I don't know about the other one. I also included a printout of the FAQ that stated what was required as proof of purchase and I highlighted where it said Serial Number and Device ID. Don't know if that would help, but the person I talked to kept talking about a receipt as if there aren't other forms of proof. She honestly seemed kinda clueless.

I'll update if I hear/see anything new about my situation. I wasn't even thinking about it until I heard people were getting checks and then I got that stupid letter...

I was wondering about that as well, because like you I only have a receipt for one of my cards, but claimed both since, well, I purchased and own both of them. Original claim form said Serial # was sufficient for proof of purchase so if they are now asking for a receipt specifically, that goes against their own document. Even the deficient claim form only refers to "proof of purchase" but doesn't specify a receipt being required.

I guess we will see how this plays out.

Here is something I pulled from the official court documents

1.20 “Proof of Purchase” means one or more of the following, which demonstrates that a member of the Settlement Class purchased a GPU: a sales receipt, a credit card receipt or statement or other receipt or account statement, a shipping manifest, a purchase order, an email confirmation, submission of a Product Identification Number, or the unique verification or confirmation number provided by the Administrator as set forth in Paragraph 2.2 below, or other similar documentation reflecting a qualifying purchase

2.20 If a Settlement Class Member receives direct notice of the terms of the 11 Settlement, they shall only be required to submit on the Claim Form the unique verification code provided on the direct notice sent to them by the Administrator, and any updates to their mailing address. If a Settlement Class Member does not receive direct notice of the terms of the Settlement sent to them by the Administrator, they shall be required to submit Proof of Purchase for each Unit for which they submit a Claim Form.

Ok so section 1.20 has the definition of "proof of purchase". Everything listed there can be used as proof of purchase according to these official court documents. Noticed I highlighted "product identification number". I'm still unclear on wtf this is, but it's probably the Device ID and all GTX 970's start with "10DE 13C2".

In addition, section 2.20 states receiving a unique code and using that code to fill out the claim. That unique number has all your information and GPU probably already stored on there. I remember hearing some folks receiving a NewEgg e-mail saying to "standby" on future news regarding this lawsuit. But never heard of anything further than that. I believe 99% of the people had to "manually" fill out the forms and submit their own proof of purchase.

Anyway, so I really don't know what to say at this point. It says clearly right there in the official court documents that is considered "Proof Of Purchase". If they want to start changing stuff up, then it should be written clearly in our rejection letter. It's obviously not.

I have purchased 1 card threw NewEgg as well. Nothing at all has been received. I made sure everything that they asked for was there to a tee.

I mean not only did we get played on the graphics card it's self but now when we try to get a little compensation we get left in the dark again, Pretty mad not gonna lie.

Will keep this thread updated if anything changes.......

Looks identical to the one TehTechie posted above - 5/26/17 as the date at the top, 6/26/17 as the deadline.

So you got your letter with a deadline of 6/26. Hmmm...as someone who has yet to receive anything at all and with 6/26 quickly approaching, I'm starting to get concerned. It's a weird feeling to want to have at least received the notice you all got. Not getting anything at all makes me think I'm just getting straight hosed here.

So you got your letter with a deadline of 6/26. Hmmm...as someone who has yet to receive anything at all and with 6/26 quickly approaching, I'm starting to get concerned. It's a weird feeling to want to have at least received the notice you all got. Not getting anything at all makes me think I'm just getting straight hosed here.
Same, nothing back here either.

I am going to throw my hat in with those who have not gotten anything in the mail. I sent an email to the "[email protected]" email that was posted earlier in the thread on the 18th of May,and was told that everyone should get their check in four weeks. And I send another email today to the same email. Here's hoping I actually hear something substantial back.

I know it's weird to get like this over 30 bucks, but... jeez...

I am going to throw my hat in with those who have not gotten anything in the mail. I sent an email to the "[email protected]" email that was posted earlier in the thread on the 18th of May,and was told that everyone should get their check in four weeks. And I send another email today to the same email. Here's hoping I actually hear something substantial back.

I know it's weird to get like this over 30 bucks, but... jeez...

Uber curious to know what they say IF they even bother to respond to you.

Edit: Fired off an email myself. I'm kind of pissed about this. Even though I've been very happy with my 970. I guess I just don't want some lawyer taking my $30!

Last edited:
When submitting a claim, you will be required to provide a verification code or proof of purchase. Qualifying proofs of purchase include a sales receipt, a credit card receipt or statement, a shipping manifest, a purchase order, an e-mail confirmation, or other similar documentation reflecting a qualifying purchase and who you purchased the GPU from. Alternatively, you may submit a Product Identification Number, which is the serial number, device identification number, part number, or other letters and/or digits embedded on the box, back, or bottom of each GPU that comprises its unique identification number, or that can be located by checking the settings for the GPU via software. Click here for an example of a GTX 970 retail box displaying the Part Number, and Serial Number. Click here for a screenshot showing how to obtain the "Device Id" from the NVIDIA Control Panel software.

Some more information for your viewing pleasure. It's pretty clear that most of us got it right, but they're refusing to pay us. I'm sure many of us followed those directions carefully. I know I did. And I agree Everlast, I would hate it if those lawyers are swimming in all that extra money. They already got a crapload from the lawsuit, and now they're just stealing our money at this point.

Last edited:
So guess I am out of luck? I haven't got my checks or a letter yet. I sold off the card earlier this month and I bet the people that bought them going to claim and get my money!

So guess I am out of luck? I haven't got my checks or a letter yet. I sold off the card earlier this month and I bet the people that bought them going to claim and get my money!

No, it's too late for them to submit a claim. Claims were due last October or November. But yeah, you are part of an elite club that got zero contact in this after submitting a claim

Emailed the address above yesterday, just got this response (~ 7 minutes ago as of this post) :

Hello,

We estimate that all claimants will receive their claims rewards within the next 4 weeks.

Thank you

Emailed the address above yesterday, just got this response (~ 7 minutes ago as of this post) :

Hello,

We estimate that all claimants will receive their claims rewards within the next 4 weeks.

Thank you

As did I. This is the same canned response they've been using for about a month. I replied that this was unacceptable and have requested additional information.

LOL, so that's the response they gave you even with the rejection letter? Now I'm positive they're trying to steal our money.

Everyone should call and make it clear we'll file a class action lawsuit with how they are handling money owed to us. I have verified with several of my own friends these reports are true, but they continue to deny me why the same proofs I'm sending in now was invalid.

It has been over a week since I mailed everything back in, so we'll see..

[email protected]

Settlement Funds Escrow

KCC, through our affiliate, Computershare Trust Company N.A. (Computershare), offers comprehensive Escrow Services related to class action settlement funds.

As an escrow agent, Computershare has extensive experience in holding and distributing funds on behalf of our clients. We have acted as the escrow agent for numerous litigation settlements and related matters. Our team has distributed $250 billion in cash and manages $3 - $5 billion in daily deposits. Our escrow services afford you:

• Options for investments, including government-backed vehicles with interest rates that compare favorably with current market offerings
  • Access to exclusive banking partnerships with highly rated financial institutions that have a Tier 1 capital structure of more than $1 billion
  • A team that understands the nuances related to class action escrow administration

I will put this in just to be that guy lol
I got mine back in march, submitted for 1 card got one card, but the check had something like a 60 day window on it and I actually missed cashing it in, put it in the trash a few weeks ago, figured I'd post here tho since it did come in

Everyone should call and make it clear we'll file a class action lawsuit with how they are handling money owed to us. I have verified with several of my own friends these reports are true, but they continue to deny me why the same proofs I'm sending in now was invalid.

[email protected]

Settlement Funds Escrow

The last set of letters was probably to verify a valid address so they don't get lost in the mail.

Has anybody here returned their rejection letter with ONLY a product ID number/serial number? I know some of you mentioned you lost your receipt.

[email protected]

So I called kccllc using that phone number today. (My claim is for 2 cards / $60) The lady took my claim number and informed me "settlement checks have not begun being distributed yet" and that there is no ETA. I told her I have a personal friend who received his check in the mail two months ago... she asked for his name and address and then told me that no payment was ever sent to him or anyone else, they are still awaiting the funds from Nvidia. I called BS and asked to speak to her supervisor. She said I'll get a call back in two days... somehow I doubt it.

This is ridiculous.

Been waiting and waiting for my check. I just read through this whole thread and I'm feeling like we're all getting screwed.

Just to add my disappointment here, I filed my single-card claim about mid-way though the original period (I think it was sometime back in November) and I had included all the documentation I had from Newegg. As with many of you on here, I still have not received anything. No check, no deficiency claim, no anything. Seeing as the deadline mentioned in TehTechie's deficiency claim is only a week away, I'm loosing faith that I will ever see my money. I will be checking back here to see if anything else happens and I will update *IF* I receive anything (fingers crossed).

Back