OFFICIAL : GTX 970 SETTLEMENT check thread

That's exactly what I did. I submitted a PDF file with all the receipts. The letter I got said the same thing. They're probably banking on the fact that we won't reply and forfeit our claim.

Perhaps they're doing this so that they can keep the money for themselves? I don't know how settlements work so don't quote me on this.

Yeah I am sure more people will be reporting the same in the coming hours/days. The good news is, they are giving us a second chance to submit our invoices to complete the claim. I'm definitely going to go that route and file.

Maybe we can file a class-action lawsuit over the settlement of this class-action lawsuit? :LOL:

Same here, denial letter lack of sufficient evidence when I submitted a pdf with all info possible. It's either a security measure for them against fraud or it's a stall.

Last edited:
Got the same letter. Submitted it with the Device ID for all 3 per their instructions.

Fuckers. Guess I'll dig for the paperwork this weekend.

Same here, not enough info to verify though I submitted all the needed PDF receipts. Will be playing the run around....

im not clear what was the point of the online claims process if they are just going to flat out deny entries, or they should provide sufficient clarifying information at the time the claim is input so this bullshit doesn't happen. i submitted valid proof of purchase as requested by the online claim system. i don't have these cards any more, i've since upgraded, so i assume the settlement administrators are incompetent or fraudulent by hoping that they can deny claims 8 months later and assume it wont be worth anyone's time to fight it.

im just going to print out the same proofs of purchase i provided originally, highlight the relevant data points, and send it back in with my "certification".

Hell, I had to RMA one card- don't have the information for that one, but have the RMA card still. This was due to EVGA changing SLI connector standards between revisions, so that they could put RGB lights on the bridges...

...and I don't know how to provide 'proof of purchase' here.

S/N should be good enough. I provided all numbers on my cards box, the UPS, S/N, EAN etc

Sure, but which do I send?

I only 'bought' two 970's, but one went to EVGA, and was replaced. Do I claim the original, the only 'proof' I have of which an retrieved Newegg statement, or do I claim the EVGA RMA?

Sure, but which do I send?

I only 'bought' two 970's, but one went to EVGA, and was replaced. Do I claim the original, the only 'proof' I have of which an retrieved Newegg statement, or do I claim the EVGA RMA?

You have the two original receipts? Just send those. I believe only those who cannot find their original receipts can submit a serial number as proof of purchase.

No, I can get the receipts from Newegg, which don't have the original serial numbers (or any others). I can get those for the two cards in my system from EVGA, but one does not match as it's a different model number (the ACX 2.0+ cards had the RGB SLI capability that the ACX 2.0 cards did not).

No, I can get the receipts from Newegg, which don't have the original serial numbers (or any others). I can get those for the two cards in my system from EVGA, but one does not match as it's a different model number (the ACX 2.0+ cards had the RGB SLI capability that the ACX 2.0 cards did not).

I believe the receipt is just fine. If you don't have the receipt then you can provide hardware ID or serial number.

the people that received letters or actual checks...what does the outside envelope look like?...is the senders address listed as the lawyer firm?...just want to make sure I don't accidentally throw out the letter thinking it's junk mail

I believe the receipt is just fine. If you don't have the receipt then you can provide hardware ID or serial number.

For the first card I purchased, I don't have either of those: just a Newegg receipt. It was replaced with an RMA, which I now have, but don't really have a 'receipt' for.

I may just chance my luck and put the serial number for the RMA with the receipt of the card it replaced; the listings are close enough, and that's basically fair.

the people that received letters or actual checks...what does the outside envelope look like?...is the senders address listed as the lawyer firm?...just want to make sure I don't accidentally throw out the letter thinking it's junk mail

Above your name will say NVidia GTX 970 graphics Chip Settlement Administrator.

its very noticeable so you won't throw it away.

I submitted it online last year I got a letter today saying I didn't provide enough proof of purchase and must send this form back the only thing different is asks for where I bought it from. So I have to send the letter back by 6/26/2017

Basically it's a scam saying the Lawyers want to goto to Tahiti next week because I already went though it on the online form.

Last edited:
Same here, got the ' notice of deficient claim form' too...
'
So, I'll resubmit everything ...

Looks like many here got this problem about not having all
correct info sent in first time

I'm also only claiming one card , mailed it all back today...

good luck

Same here, got the ' notice of deficient claim form' too...
'
So, I'll resubmit everything ...

Looks like many here got this problem about not having all
correct info sent in first time

I'm also only claiming one card , mailed it all back today...

good luck

I had to double check if I got the card from New Egg for EVGA directly wasn't sure.

Same .... deficient form... Bought on Amazon, submitted amazon receipt this is bs.

It's nonsense for those of us who bought these cards two years ago and then resold them since (1080 ti anyone? That's common here in particular). All I have are the purchase receipt which I've l already provided once. If they want a serial # the only thing that's going to come out of this is me being disappointed.

Still waiting for my $60

Same here. Its been about seven months now. Both cards were from Newegg and I uploaded the Newegg receipts. This reminds me a lot of rebate scams - you know you did everything perfectly but you still never get your money.

I too received a letter saying they need more info. I put in all the info they asked for the first time around though but said it's insufficient... Yeah ok. I am only claiming a single card also.

It's a joke I dont even think I'm mailing it back. Go do a survey and make the $30 quicker.

Highly recommend you guys send through certified mail. They might pull a "we never received your letter" thing when they really did receive it.

Even though we still have no contact info for them........ having a tracking number won't do us much good. I thought about that same thing today as well, then saw it was going to a PO BOX, which is a basically a black hole anyways.

Sent all my info out today......

Microcenter was able to re-print my purchase receipt from 2 years ago, which had serial numbers.

As well, Newegg was helpful and sent me an email with my serial numbers.

Has anyone gotten their $30+ dollar check from the GTX 970 Lawsuit yet? Any idea when to expect?
Bad news for me. I purchased 2 970s from New Egg & had all the info. from them stored on their site. Got my Notice Of Deficient Claim Form today. I now have to send the paper form back to the Settlement Administrator and hope for the best. Has anyone else gotten the First Refusal Letter? I know many companies reject a portion of claims flatly just because people don't bother to re-submit anything. I can't be the only one thats gotten this letter.
Has anyone actually gotten a check?

You haven't read any of the posts in this here thread by chance, have you? :banghead:
Are you trying to say something helpful? Or are you trying to make me feel bad for some reason? I've read lots of posts. Several dozen if not several hundred seem to be fake or trying to just be funny. Very few seem to have any real information. What was your goal in writing your post?

I've read lots of posts. Several dozen if not several hundred seem to be fake or trying to just be funny. Very few seem to have any real information. What was your goal in writing your post?

I think his point was, there are a ton of posts right above yours with the same information. I don't get how they are, "fake or trying to be funny", as you put it.

Funny thing, yesterday I got a Notice Of Deficient Claim in the mail. So I fill it out and send it in. Today I go to the mailbox and I had a second Notice Of Deficient Claim. The system used to process this information must suck because for my initial claim I had the serial number as well as a copy of the invoice from Newegg. Not banking on this money or anything but this system sucks.

Funny thing, yesterday I got a Notice Of Deficient Claim in the mail. So I fill it out and send it in. Today I go to the mailbox and I had a second Notice Of Deficient Claim. The system used to process this information must suck because for my initial claim I had the serial number as well as a copy of the invoice from Newegg. Not banking on this money or anything but this system sucks.

Yup, I agree. Whoever is running the show over there isn't doing a good job at all.

I think his point was, there are a ton of posts right above yours with the same information. I don't get how they are, "fake or trying to be funny", as you put it.
Hello,
If you read the posts you will see several people have purchased 6-30 cards and are having trouble. Do you really think they have 30 cards? I would describe these posts as fake.

Hello,
If you read the posts you will see several people have purchased 6-30 cards and are having trouble. Do you really think they have 30 cards? I would describe these posts as fake.

I think you are forgetting what forum you're on.

wonder if they will just deny all these resubmissions ? and keep the money for themselves ??

I definitely have legit receipt and registration , still using the card too... if they deny it again,
then something is fishy on their end...

Hello,

Edit: 970 was a popular card to toss in mid budget gaming rigs.In metro areas, I'm sure it wasn't very hard for more than a few builders to have access to lots of gpu's to claim.

Last edited:
Same, have not gotten a letter of any sort, no check, no re submission letter, nothing.

Back