OFFICIAL : GTX 970 SETTLEMENT check thread

ShuttleLuv

Supreme [H]ardness
Has anyone gotten their $30+ dollar check from the GTX 970 Lawsuit yet? Any idea when to expect?

Damn...me either. Final hearing was supposed to be Dec 7th. So wondering if it should be soon, usually takes a few weeks.

Last time I got a settlement check over something like this, it took MONTHS from the final hearing. So I am not holding my breath on getting my check anytime soon.

Thought it said they had like 30 days to disperse the funds or something? Maybe that's just to the real winners tho, the lawyers.

I also never got any kind of notification I was actually confirmed as being signed up for the $30. So no idea if I'll even receive anything.

Nothing here. Was the final settlement even approved on December 7th? Can't find any news on it.

I changed the residential address since I filed that form. Probably won't see my $30 anyway :(

I changed the residential address since I filed that form. Probably won't see my $30 anyway :(

usps will forward 1st class mail for 1 year... , so , we should have the $30 by then , I'd hope..

I got a check for a PS2 defect or something it took like years to get it.

Ugh well I seem to recall reading it'd be the month of January, lets give it a few weeks.

I was deleting some crap on my ssd and found my confirmation. Forgot I had saved it as a pdf. So I at least have the claim number.

Hi all,

I actually sent the law team an email in December and here was the response:

Hello,

There is an appellate deadline of January 6th, 2017. Should any appeals be filed, we will have to resolve them before settlement claims rewards can be distributed. Otherwise, claims rewards will begin to be sent out early 2017. Please check in with the claims website, www.gtx970settlement.com and we will update the case dates.

Thank you

- Basically, they have no updated the web page at all, and I cannot find the official court document to determine if an appeal was filed. The case number is 15-cv-00760-PJH ; but I dont want to have to pay money into the PACER system just to find out if an appeal was filed.

-It seems like they are moving much slower than their initial pace with creating and updating the web page. Maybe they are enjoying those massive attorney fees in the Maldives.

-I'll reply to the legal team on February 1 and ask why the web page has not been updated, if an appeal was filed, and when I should expect to receive a check.

Last edited:
Saw this random tweet today. I have NO idea if it is true. Figured I'd post it here to remind you'll to check your mail.

I'll believe it when I get it .... , surprised I never got a conformation or reply for signing up for
this rebate..... just left in dark.

Anyone get anything yet? Made a claim for 20 something 970s that I claimed so I'm expecting $900 something..... Haven't heard anything whatsoever.

My check is almost here I can feel it, I know it's in the mail, I just know it.

I wish there was some kind of update. Because the website did say the final announcement will be made Dec 9th in the courtroom.

My check is almost here I can feel it, I know it's in the mail, I just know it.
mg4_27qTcd88nwtSE9_YQfA.jpg

Hi all,

I actually sent the law team an email in December and here was the response:

Hello,

There is an appellate deadline of January 6th, 2017. Should any appeals be filed, we will have to resolve them before settlement claims rewards can be distributed. Otherwise, claims rewards will begin to be sent out early 2017. Please check in with the claims website, www.gtx970settlement.com and we will update the case dates.

Thank you

- Basically, they have no updated the web page at all, and I cannot find the official court document to determine if an appeal was filed. The case number is 15-cv-00760-PJH ; but I dont want to have to pay money into the PACER system just to find out if an appeal was filed.

-It seems like they are moving much slower than their initial pace with creating and updating the web page. Maybe they are enjoying those massive attorney fees in the Maldives.

-I'll reply to the legal team on February 1 and ask why the web page has not been updated, if an appeal was filed, and when I should expect to receive a check.

Any update to this?

So if we don't get our checks, can we file a class-action lawsuit about the class-action lawsuit? :LOL:

Reactions: ncjoe
like this
maybe the checks arrived and everyone just thought it was junk mail and threw it in the garbage? :D

Back