Official Galaxy Nexus Thread

Anyone have any super sleek case recommendations for this phone? (Might have missed it mentioned in this thread but can't read all 24 pages to find out, sorry)

Priorities.
1. Looks
2. Looks and thin
3. Price
4. durability
5. meh

Thanks

I got the Ringke Slim. It's a bit expensive at $26, but I'm very happy with it.
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Verizon-Galaxy-Nexus-MATTE/dp/B006SPNF1C

I love this case because it's fairly slim and minimal, it blends in and I barely notice the phone has a case, plus this matte version feels nice in the hand. I also love that it has no lip on the sides of the screen, so doesn't get in the way with swiping gestures on the screen.

It's not a case that will provide much protection for drops, but should protect against everyday scuffs and scratches.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've had my GN since the GSM version was released. Been loving it so far. This is my 2nd Nexus phone and my third Android phone.

I have had to wait on all of the accessories on all of my phones.

Wanting to pick up the Desktop Dock when that comes out.

I just now got my Smoked Cruzer Lite case to ship. Can't wait to get this thing some sort of protection before I drop it again :eek:. I thinking about getting a screen protector too as I'm starting to see very light scratches in some spots. Funny because I dropped it on the ground and it didn't do a thing, but I keep it in my pocket and light scratches start appearing :(.

I bought an XO Skin screen protector, but I haven't put it on yet. Kinda hate to put a screen protector on the phone because the glass feels so nice. Pretty sure anything I put on it is going to make it feel inferior.

Anyone have any super sleek case recommendations for this phone? (Might have missed it mentioned in this thread but can't read all 24 pages to find out, sorry)

Priorities.
1. Looks
2. Looks and thin
3. Price
4. durability
5. meh

Thanks

Try the SPG Neo Hybrid case.. it is ~$24 bucks and fits the GSM version like a glove.

It is not terrible grippy though other than that it is great.

Nice on the dock, terrible on the price. Hopefully thats just a MSRP price.

Im still waiting on Otterbox to release a Impact Series case.

Nice on the dock, terrible on the price. Hopefully thats just a MSRP price.

I am hoping that is just MSRP as well. I liked when I used to be able to slide my old Nokia 3XXX phone into the dock for charging and not have to grab the cable, guide it into the port, and then, well, first world problems I guess but you catch my drift.

Maybe $60 I will go on the high end but I was thinking $50 is a good asking price for something like this.

I am hoping that is just MSRP as well. I liked when I used to be able to slide my old Nokia 3XXX phone into the dock for charging and not have to grab the cable, guide it into the port, and then, well, first world problems I guess but you catch my drift.

Maybe $60 I will go on the high end but I was thinking $50 is a good asking price for something like this.

That thing cost them maybe $10 max to make. Ridiculous to price themselves out of a market like that. Personally I wanted a POGO ping charging dock, so I bought the Verizon mount for $30 and asked for sample pogo pins from Mill-Max. When I get the time at work I am going to mod the Verizon dock with the pogo pins, and voila $30 pogo pin Vehicle Dock. Actually the nice thing about that is I will have the option of plugging in the USB port instead of POGO pins if the 500ma can't keep up on a long drive.

LAst Saturday, after being pushed by VZW to upgrade and renew of course.. I said screw it and went from DX to GN. Picked up the extended battery for $25, too.

Love this phone! I find it to be a very nice upgrade fro DX. ICS r0x0rz. With the Extended batt, I get through a day's usage no problem, so its fine for me.Call quality is better, love the display, love the new UI's for gmail, etc. Cool thing was Swype came out last week as well..which was one of the reasons I waited.

Love this phone!

I picked up the extended battery through Verizon for 25 as well. I'd recommended that one as the battery has NFC capability.

I picked up the extended battery through Verizon for 25 as well. I'd recommended that one as the battery has NFC capability.

I have this battery also. It's better than stock, but still doesn't make the phone that much bigger. And only $25 isn't too bad of a price all things considered.

ok. I wonder if it's still available for $25 from Verizon?

Yep. Tempted. Very tempted.

I am just happy I can get through the entire day on the regular batter. My T-Bolt just had a tired battery by the end and I was plug hopping all day. I hear such good things about the regular extended battery that it can't hurt for $25.

Gee this with a moderately priced pogo plug dock and I would be happy. :/

Just got my Smoked Cruzer TPU case and it seems about perfect. It fits the phone like a glove, is the perfect combo of soft and hard (isn't too grippy and won't snap/break off if dropped) and looks awesome on the phone. The only really minor nag I have on it is that the power button is a little recessed now, so it's not as easy to push, but it's still certainly not hard to push.

Also, it's too easy to take off and put back on. So if I get one of the OEM docks, it makes it that much easier to use. Definitely worth the $10, you can't go wrong. No wonder it was on backorder for the last month. I had to wait 4-5 weeks to get it, but it seems to be in stock now.

I have an XO Skin screen protector on the way too. I was hoping I wouldn't need one. But I'm starting to see very light scratches on the screen now :(. This screen protector seems to the the favorite over on the XDA forums due to it not having any Orange Peel texture (see: Zagg) and being the least intrusive to touch and display IQ. I'll post back when I get it to let you know how it goes.

I picked up the Boxwave Tuxedo Galaxy Nexus case. $8 on Amazon. Bought it for when I'm travelling to help protect my phone. It's not a bad case at all. You can tell it's on the cheaper side but overall it feels nice and fits the phone well. The only slight issue is the volume buttons are easier to press than before so you have to be careful of that. Gel case but it's smooth so it doesn't stick in your jeans or pickup dust like nuts. It doesn't make the phone much bigger either and the all black looks quite nice. There's a "seam" for lack of a better word that is visible on the case. A nicer quality case wouldn't have it, but I hardly notice it and for $8...can't complain.

I also got the Seido Active Case for $23 for a friend. It's the soft inside with a hard outside case. Definitely higher quality than the Box Wave and the protection is much more substantial. However, it is a bit stickier than the Boxwave which makes it pickup lint and dust more. As expected, it makes the phone bulkier as well. That said, I'm happy with it overall for the price. It is what I expected when picking it up.

I'ld recommend both cases. The boxwave for being a decent cheap case and the Seido Active for being a higher quality more protective case.

I too have the diztronic latest revision. It fits the phone perfectly and has the proper cutout for the volume control. I even have the extended battery in it too and still fits perfectly.

ok guys i finally rooted my phone first time ever rooting an android so far all i did was flash the revolution hd rom and so far my battery life is wayyyyy better. What else can i do now that i have it rooted?

Tried it. Wasn't impressed. AOKP is the best ROM out right now. Supposed to be a new version of Axiom coming out, so that may shake things up a bit.

Huh, I went from AOKP to CA and like it better since it had a lot more customization options and ran as good, if not better. I'm sure it's changed a bit in the last month or so though since I switched, but so has CA with all its updates.

I jumped between AOKP and CNA for a while. Went straight AOKP at around B21. Its just smoother. Currently running the AXIOM AOKP. Shit just leaks butter out. Absolutely the smoothest ROM available.

I'm using CNA 1.4. Not problems except for the auto-back-light not working. Battery life it definitely better.

ok i got this and flashed it still trying to customize it. I did like some of the stock apps like the google tools how would i get some of these back?

Ok. If you flashed AOKP (recent build) you need to immediately flash GAPPS latest build. Then reboot.

If you flash the AOKP Axiom hybrid, then you DON'T need to flash GAPPS, as it's built in. PM me if you need more help. I'm a flashaholic.

Ok guys, here's a problem I've been having lately with my gnex. I am normally on wifi more often than 3g (no 4g in my city), but a lot of times my phone has a problem where when I leave my house or school my phone switches to 3g, but I don't actually have internet access. The reception bars that say 3g on them are gray instead of blue. The only fix is to enable airplane mode and then disable it or to turn my phone off and then on again.

Ok guys, here's a problem I've been having lately with my gnex. I am normally on wifi more often than 3g (no 4g in my city), but a lot of times my phone has a problem where when I leave my house or school my phone switches to 3g, but I don't actually have internet access. The reception bars that say 3g on them are gray instead of blue. The only fix is to enable airplane mode and then disable it or to turn my phone off and then on again.

Are you using a custom rom or custom radios? When the signal bars are blue, it means you are connected to Google's serviers. When grey, you are not.

I bought a Invisable sheild screen protector. Pretty neat and nice warranty. It does have a matte feel to it though. Anyone else used one?

Also ordered a extended battery with back door yesterday. Cant beat it for 25 bucks.

ok so i rooted installed aokp rom glados 1.17 kernal battery life is better when using the phone but as far as being idle same issue before i went to bed last night my phone was at 92 percent i wake up 9 hours later i am at 50 percent?!?! Before bed i made sure all my apps were closed. on my battery status android os is at 47 percent then phone idle at 17.

Was happening all the time to me on stock GSM model. After the latest upgrade it has stopped.

Back