Official Final Fantasy XV Benchmarks Feature the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 & 2080 Ti

cageymaru

Fully [H]
The official website for Final Fantasy XV has a benchmark subsection to assist users in choosing the proper settings for their video card. It seems that someone has been running a system featuring an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 and 2080 Ti as a few entries for the cards have popped up in the database. Keep in mind that it is indeterminate if the cards were overclocked or stock; or if there is a way to fake them. I did find it amusing that no benchmarks were run on the "lite" settings. Was that done to conform to the Nvidia Reviewer's Guide? Enjoy!

It is possible to check the names of the GPUs in the FINAL FANTASY XV Benchmark and the average scores that they have received. See what scores are generated by the various graphical and resolutions settings for each GPU.

Biggest takaway I had was how much the gap closes between 1080ti and 2080 (or 2080ti and volta for that matter) when the settings were turned down to standard.

30% performance increase.

75% price increase.

giphy.gif

Nv gameworks title, hmmm, you think that they did "behind the door" type tweaking, I sure do.

of course Nv will always make their stuff look as perfect as perfect can be and not highlight "problems" that they or allied Devs/Publishers or even the common person finds out.

My guess is there will be plenty of folks selling their kidneys to get some of that radioactive kool-aid (GTX 2xxx) thinking it was money "well spent" and when they realize it is not all it was cracked up to be, they will gather all their kidney money again for the "generation after" which Nv will PROMISE has everything this and last gen were missing (while also making sure drivers coming out reduce performance in many ways, bue claim it is more a placebo effect).

what is sad is many of the settings most if not all game works and TWIMTBP titles go out of their way to force disable or enable to make themselves look "best" and others "worst" especially previous generations tend to royally fk with things that a "normal" person can and should be able to indepently "tweak" so they can either go for all out best looks or performance with looks or outright performance, but Nv ensures this cannot be "manually" done in many titles (even more so than used to be able to do)

lord forbid a person uses settings that make that multi hundred GPU run like yesterdays trash, they know what's best (tm)

sheepole ^.^

The only real market I am seeing, and I have not tested any of these cards because NVIDIA still has the drivers locked down, if the 4K gaming crowd. Maybe RT brings it all home, and possibly DLSS, but if you have to back down to low res to do the RT thing, then I don't see the point. Guess we will find out soon enough.

The thing that stands out to me in those benchmarks is the Quadro GV100. It is a bit unique as that is the fully enabled Titan V including all the ROPs and HBM memory. I would have thought that at higher resolutions, this would distinctly pull ahead of the Titan V. They're not clocked that differently. I guess different drivers? I wonder if there are any dual GV100 results using nvLink.

Cool a benchmark with worthless numbers that mean what to me? I mean what do these magical numbers mean, does it weigh higher minimum frames or the maximum fps on the score?

This seems like a throwaway generation. Sick new technology in ray tracing but a card that just isn't powerful enough to do it properly.

I'll upgrade when I can run the Star Wars demo with a card that costs ~CAD400.

Reactions: DF-1
like this
If legit, this benchmark confirms fact that 1080ti is best buy for 1440P or 1080P gaming.
Unless you own 4k display, and plan to game at that resolution, the 1080ti used at $500 cant be beat.

The 20 series appears for the 1% only who game at 4k

Still 4k... Nothing new. Most people are on 60hz screens running 1080p... I'm running on a 1440p and have no intention of upgrading to 4k which is more ad speak (not matured technology, price too high for what you get) than anything else. Prices still have not moved on video cards. As it was intended by Nvidia's price fixing. My previous comments concerning this still applies to today's posting. I believe that there will be no real changes to pricing in the near future.

2080's
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...H&Description=2080&ignorear=0&N=-1&isNodeId=1

1080ti
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...Description=1080ti&ignorear=0&N=-1&isNodeId=1

So the 2080 is almost the same as the 1080ti.....

Minus RTX being turned on...

So at the 700-800$ range if you switch on RTX at 1080p you should get better performance easily out of the 1080ti....

Unless you opt for the expensive Tita... I mean 2080ti... Which should do ok at 1080p....

Unless you don't want RTX then you can 4k on the 2080ti(Titan)....

GOD, What a messed up selection....

Why didn't they wait for a node shrink? This just seems like a rehash with new tricks that can slaughter performance for synthetic ray trace like graphics.

I guess if you were waiting for the Luster series card or ultra reflective everything this is your train ehh.

Here's hoping I'm wrong :!

So the 2080 is almost the same as the 1080ti.....

Minus RTX being turned on...

So at the 700-800$ range if you switch on RTX at 1080p you should get better performance easily out of the 1080ti....

Unless you opt for the expensive Tita... I mean 2080ti... Which should do ok at 1080p....

Unless you don't want RTX then you can 4k on the 2080ti(Titan)....

GOD, What a messed up selection....

Why didn't they wait for a node shrink? This just seems like a rehash with new tricks that can slaughter performance for synthetic ray trace like graphics.

I guess if you were waiting for the Luster series card or ultra reflective everything this is your train ehh.

Here's hoping I'm wrong :!

I miss the days when the titans offered double precision and helped workstations at home.. Now they just seem like the "how big of a die can we cool" option.

Yeesh

Amazing performance if those charts are true! WOW ...

In fact, seeing a lot of benchmarks lately. Just blown away. 40fps with the 1080 ti or 60 - 80+ FPS @ 4K Ultra / HDR with a RTX 2080 Ti!

Can't wait!

I'm picking up the MSI 2080 ti Gaming Trio, god willing, the 27th. Or, in 10 days.

I'm ready to give this 2 year old Asus Strix 1080 a new home!

Whoa!!!! 8 + 8 + 4 power pins? holy shit.

75% price increase.

View attachment 104601

It's almost like... there's some kind of premium on it for being the absolute latest/bleeding edge technology.

Good thing the rest of the world high end luxury goods doesn't operate on that principal.... oh wait.

If that's your position, don't ever step foot in the world of Exotic sports cars...where it's more like 10% / 75%

Either way - I can't wait to get my 2080Ti once stock normalizes :)

It's almost like... there's some kind of premium on it for being the absolute latest/bleeding edge technology.

Good thing the rest of the world high end luxury goods doesn't operate on that principal.... oh wait.

If that's your position, don't ever step foot in the world of Exotic sports cars...where it's more like 10% / 75%

Either way - I can't wait to get my 2080Ti once stock normalizes :)

Exotic sports cars and super cars provide a lot more benefits than just raw speed over normal cars. That comparison really doesn't work.

Exotic sports cars and super cars provide a lot more benefits than just raw speed over normal cars. That comparison really doesn't work.

What other benefits? Besides status.

I mean the pricing is VERY shitty, Nvidia shouldn't be charging THAT fucking much for these cards.....BUT....since they are a generation ahead of the competition now once these things officially release and no one else is challenging them, then this is to be expected. For some reason no one can understand this.

What other benefits? Besides status.

Generally they drive better. They will get some more advanced features. Of course a lot of that doesn't matter if people are just driving the cars in a city and like going to and from work. At that point, yeah, they're just status symbols.

yeah I'm really hoping that AMD can come out with something awesome in the next 2 or 3 years in the video card dept. That's only an educated guess as to when they might possibly be able to offer up some true competition to nVidia.

We really need competition to reign these prices in. I do not like having to spend $1300 with tax per card but I at least planned for it well in advance so it doesn't sting.

There was an article not long ago where it was revealed that AMD moved resources and team members over to the APU development for the PS4 and Xbox One from their desktop graphics division. That really hurt the PC side of things.

AMD also just recently said they are working really hard on the new PS5 and new XBox console that is rumored to come out Xmas 2019. Makes you wonder if they are again having less focus on the PC graphics side.

Hopefully, eventually we can get competition back in place.

Nice. System specs ? OCed?

2700X @4.2GHZ
Aorus X470 Ultra Gaming
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ (TeamGroup) @ 14,14,14,31,78,1t
Aorus 1080ti @ 2000MHZ Core - 6311MHZ Ram

i am getting about 8835 at 1440p high on this benchmark. thats only 1095 points off the 2080ti bench. not too bad

Amazing performance if those charts are true! WOW ...

In fact, seeing a lot of benchmarks lately. Just blown away. 40fps with the 1080 ti or 60 - 80+ FPS @ 4K Ultra / HDR with a RTX 2080 Ti!

Can't wait!

I'm picking up the MSI 2080 ti Gaming Trio, god willing, the 27th. Or, in 10 days.

I'm ready to give this 2 year old Asus Strix 1080 a new home!

Whoa!!!! 8 + 8 + 4 power pins? holy shit.

Yep. These leaked benchmarks were meant for you.

Exactly and thank you. I really am starting to think not many people will be getting this card. I know traditionally, the higher-end cards do not have the numbers sold like say the 1060.

Exactly and thank you. I really am starting to think not many people will be getting this card. I know traditionally, the higher-end cards do not have the numbers sold like say the 1060.

They are way higher priced then what they are replacing so they will sell in even smaller quantities. Pretty much Kyle said the main reason anyone would get it and that is for 4K gaming, only other I see is benchmark junkies. I know I will skip this generation and hang with my 1080 that does everything I need for now.

They are way higher priced then what they are replacing so they will sell in even smaller quantities. Pretty much Kyle said the main reason anyone would get it and that is for 4K gaming, only other I see is benchmark junkies. I know I will skip this generation and hang with my 1080 that does everything I need for now.

Good point on the 4K. I've had my Samsung KS8000 4K 49" display for I guess over 2 years now. I absolutely love it. Incredible picture quality, excellent latency. BUT, even with a 1080 ti ... you could not push ultra settings / HDR on it. mid to high 30's and sometimes into the 40's. Not all games. Some ran great, a lot ran great but never with ultra settings.

I've owned 4 different 1080 ti's. 3 were sold with systems, my personal builds. One I returned. I was able to pick up a like new Asus Strix 1080 a few months ago for around $300. Playing the BF5 Beta and Black Ops 4 Beta ... I had to run at 1080p high settings to get smooth frame rates.

I love when people tell me that at 1080 Ti will run everything on ultra settings. I always roll my eyes.

The 1080 ti will show it's legs here in the coming months. especially at 4K. Games are constantly being pushed to their limits.

I remember when cards were all about VR performance, it has now moved to RT, next will be all about, I don't know, wifi streaming to your phone or something.

yeah I'm really hoping that AMD can come out with something awesome in the next 2 or 3 years in the video card dept. That's only an educated guess as to when they might possibly be able to offer up some true competition to nVidia.

We really need competition to reign these prices in. I do not like having to spend $1300 with tax per card but I at least planned for it well in advance so it doesn't sting.

There was an article not long ago where it was revealed that AMD moved resources and team members over to the APU development for the PS4 and Xbox One from their desktop graphics division. That really hurt the PC side of things.

AMD also just recently said they are working really hard on the new PS5 and new XBox console that is rumored to come out Xmas 2019. Makes you wonder if they are again having less focus on the PC graphics side.

Hopefully, eventually we can get competition back in place.
For my view, the PC gaming development is a mess as both developers and consumers have themselves to blame. The main issue is the mind share.
Current developers notably the average kept on using the legacy API like DX11 due to the lack of skills, poor optimization and also laziness.

Back to the topic, that benchmark obviously use Gamework as Final Fantasy series on PC tend to favour nVidia.

For my view, the PC gaming development is a mess as both developers and consumers have themselves to blame. The main issue is the mind share.
Current developers notably the average kept on using the legacy API like DX11 due to the lack of skills, poor optimization and also laziness.

Back to the topic, that benchmark obviously use Gamework as Final Fantasy series on PC tend to favour nVidia.

The Standard preset has all Gameworks features disabled. The High preset uses Hair, flow, turf, and terrain tessellation, Shadowlibs and VXAO are disabled. Whether or not Gameworks is enabled in the benchmark is fairly irrelevant here, however, as it is a comparison between Pascal and Turing, not Nvidia vs AMD.

75% price increase.

Ya pretty much. Had they been the same price as the 10 series, I'd think about getting one just because I like high performance. I mean while $700 for 30% more performance is a lot (I have a 1080Ti), I'd consider it. Particularly since I could probably sell my existing card and spend a net of $400-500. Expensive and silly no doubt, but in the realm of what I'd consider.

However with the price increases? Nah. It is just too much money for a small increase. Maybe if ray tracing in games turns out to be just spectacular I'll consider it, but then that really isn't likely. First gen technology usually sucks a bit. I remember when shaders first came to GPUs and a moderate speed P3 could outdo a GeForce 3's vertex shader, and pixel shaders were limited to a couple special effects like shiny water because too much use would slow things down.

On the face of it, these are not a bad generation of cards. A moderate performance improvement, new technology that could well be the beginnings of graphics improvements, cool. However the price increase just makes it a non-starter for me.

I mean the pricing is VERY shitty, Nvidia shouldn't be charging THAT fucking much for these cards.....BUT....since they are a generation ahead of the competition now once these things officially release and no one else is challenging them, then this is to be expected. For some reason no one can understand this.

The problem is, even if there was competition next generation, the prices won't come down. This isn't the price of 'bleeding edge', this is the price - Period.

I love when people tell me that at 1080 Ti will run everything on ultra settings. I always roll my eyes.
Even at 3440x1440 I can't always get 60fps with my 1080ti, so no surprises that at 4k it's at ~40fps.
If it was priced closer to the 1080ti launch price I would have been temped to buy one and get a 4k display.
I'll be keeping my 1080ti and ultra wide monitor because I can't justify the price of a 2080ti.

I also think its pointless to buy a high end card like these if you aren't gonna buy at or near launch.
The prices never go down by much if at all, so I at least want a better return on my "investment" by getting to use it for as long as possible while its the top of the line card.

Back