Official Drivers?

conscript

2[H]4U
Have I missed an article or post on exactly what the deal is with Nvidia and their official driver releases, or lack thereof? Going 1/4 of a year without an update really just isn't acceptable. Did they layoff 90% of their driver dev team? Everytime I see another catalyst driver release, I start to envision my intorduction into PCI-E being an ATI based card...

come on now ... there can't be any problems with nvidia cards !!

i really don't know what to tell you ... I look forward to each catalyst. :D

I'm using the 67.66 betas and they work just fine.
NV does a pretty good job with drivers and doesn't need to release new ones for the heck of it. They usally do their homework up front.

Could you tell us a little more about the 67.66s? Do they have any issues in HL2? World of Warcraft? UT 2K4? Wolf ET?

I'm mostly happy with the 66.93s, exept I get major distortion when trying to watch video files at full screen. Do the 67.66's have this problem fixed?

OPUS1 said:
I'm using the 67.66 betas and they work just fine.
NV does a pretty good job with drivers and doesn't need to release new ones for the heck of it. They usally do their homework up front.

well they didn't with EQ2 and the NV40 chipsets...

I'm wondering when the next update will be as well. This is especially true since I would like to see what they have done to improve upon their SLI technology, if anything at all. I seem to remember more regular offical drivers coming out of nVidia, but now it seems as though their priorities are elsewhere. You have to consider that they are also developing the PS3 chip which doesn't create itself. Then again, they are a rather large company now so I don't see why they would not have a driver team continue to be dedicated to rolling out new drivers. Oh well, there is not much we can do but hope they will use this time to make some really great improvements.

66.93 version is working well for my 6600gt at the moment.

only in joint operations iv'e got some random frame drops while playing but this is a known nvidia issue, i think.
maybe the next generation will fix it.

Back