Official: Diablo 3 is Coming!

The game will be friggen awesome. Probably the next game I'll be highly addicted to..

Exactly... It comes in one ear and goes out the other. By the time it's released I could have gone through a career change and been remarried.

Exactly... It comes in one ear and goes out the other. By the time it's released I could have gone through a career change and been remarried.

LOL they haven't even announced their next generation top secret MMO they have been working on for a few years already. By the time of official word comes out about the game and actual release date will be like a freaking decade :rolleyes:

People are complaining it's not gonna be released until 2011, but really, did you expect it to be released in 2010 so soon after announcment?

I'm not surprised or disappointed. Looking forward to it though :)

late 2010 would be over 2 years after the announcement

and the game's been in the making since 2005

Looking forward to it but not waiting for it. Blizzard polishes game up nicely but god they take a LONG time to do it

Taken from Anandtech:

Diablo 3 is "Technically" finished

Soccerman06 said:
Blizzard said:
[Blizzard Source]
Q: I suppose that you do not have a world-hysteria scoop to offer the readers of Liberation concerning the official and definitive release date of Diablo 3?

A: Alas, no. Just to confirm to you that we are full at work for the game to release this year. The development is technically completed. We are in a internal-testing and feedback-gathering phase. Yes, there are good chances of releasing before the end of 2011, but it is impossible to us, at this time, to guarantee you that.

also, more info on beta in may.

http://www.diablofans.com/
http://translate.google.com/transla...ance-est-aux-jeux-sur-mobile-et-reseau-social

I highly doubt it will come out. The greedy execs already said that want to release 2 major games in 2012. And we all know that's because you will get higher sales, profits, etc which makes the stock holders more money. Activision is slowly corrupting Blizzard its not about customers anymore its about making the most money and what best for the board and investors.

I highly doubt it will come out. The greedy execs already said that want to release 2 major games in 2012. And we all know that's because you will get higher sales, profits, etc which makes the stock holders more money. Activision is slowly corrupting Blizzard its not about customers anymore its about making the most money and what best for the board and investors.

This is not true.

Activision does tend to get its greedy paws into certain companies, but its Activision, not blizzard that pushes the customers to the side. Blizzard is one of the few companies that knows that the fans are who made them and they appreciate it.

I would think that two major game releases from a single developer, particularly of the Starcraft and Diablo brand which are MAJOR time consumers, would step on each others toes more than anything.

But as soon as they start charging for DLC in EITHER game, I'll be 100% behind you in the corrupting thing.

Whoa, massive necro bump here. But anyway...

Why is it that Activision is always the scapegoat of the "bad" things Blizzard does these days? As I've said in other threads, did they also get a time machine and told Blizzard to release WC3 for $60, or devise a subscription-based MMO game to rake in the cash? They've done things throughout history that would make many fans hate them. They've also said that the company still largely operates independently. Believe it or not, anything else is just pointless, ranty, rumor-mongering. Nothing wrong in believing that Blizzard can make bad, terrible or undesirable decisions.

I would think that two major game releases from a single developer, particularly of the Starcraft and Diablo brand which are MAJOR time consumers, would step on each others toes more than anything.

But as soon as they start charging for DLC in EITHER game, I'll be 100% behind you in the corrupting thing.

I thought Lord of Destruction was a nice bit of DLC :D

Even if it technically wasnt called DLC back in the day

I thought Lord of Destruction was a nice bit of DLC :D

Even if it technically wasnt called DLC back in the day

I dunno, I wouldn't call a full on expansion a DLC...
I see DLC as small add-on that should have made it in the game at launch or through patch but greedy dev decided to make people pay for it.

^^ true that. I miss the days where you could download player-created content and maps, and when patches were common from developers as they supported the games they created.

Now they give you 6 maps and make you pay for 2 more, while disallowing any player-created content or modding. *tear*

I really can't say that I'm feeling excited for another activision money grab. It makes me mad that people are still throwing money at this company. Bobby Kotick is a straight up ass and this game isn't even going to be good. It's going to be an incomplete overpriced money grab with expansions already made before its release. He already said that he wouldn't make any games that he couldn't use to exploit consumers in the long run. I doubt this game will even be good. HF buying 3 games tho.

blizzardproductslate.jpg

I really can't say that I'm feeling excited for another activision money grab. It makes me mad that people are still throwing money at this company. Bobby Kotick is a straight up ass and this game isn't even going to be good. It's going to be an incomplete overpriced money grab with expansions already made before its release. He already said that he wouldn't make any games that he couldn't use to exploit consumers in the long run. I doubt this game will even be good. HF buying 3 games tho.

blizzardproductslate.jpg

Talk Talk Talk, then comes release day. OMFG this is so cool all my friends are playing. You will be purchasing it, the end.

You'd rather I made a new thread for something that small?

Maybe not specifically about the post linked, but maybe as a new discussion topic (D3 "technically" finished) with the post as a starting point. I've seen threads started over far smaller things, so it's not a big deal. :p

You realize that expansions tend to be planned and made in advance right? It's not as though they start storyboarding cinematics, designing concept art, constructing levels, writing/composing music etc. all within the 1-2 years between the initial release and expansions. Can't stop the onslaught of pseudo-game designers/economists I guess..

Last edited:
Targeted start date for Diablo 3 beta is Q3 2011 (July 1st-September 30th). Just announced during the Activision Blizzard investor's conference call.

I am excite.

Targeted start date for Diablo 3 beta is Q3 2011 (July 1st-September 30th). Just announced during the Activision Blizzard investor's conference call.

I am excite.

in my best Ace Ventura voice "Ree-hee-hee-HEE-HEE-HEE-HEE... EEEeeally?"

ok... that might be a little dramatic, but I am excited for this as well. :)

I've been falling out of the gaming scene for awhile now, nothing has been keeping my attention but if anything can bring me back to the promised land it's Diablo 3. Crossing my fingers and toes for a beta key.

Obviosuly I am excited that we're getting near beta, but I have my doubts they'll hit their target date. I bet it gets pushed back a month or so and the big announcement at Blizzcon in October will be the beta release date.

I hope like I've never hoped before that I'm wrong and they hit their target date. Would be fucking sweet to be playing D3 in July or August!

All I have to say about Diablo 3 is it better be great. I do not want to play this game and ever think Diablo 2 is really the better game. I would be pissed! Blizzard is taking their sweet time with it, so they had best deliver, no excuses. Awesome gameplay, awesome story, awesome graphics, amazing levels, fantastic music, top notch voice acting; nothing less will do.

All I have to say about Diablo 3 is it better be great. I do not want to play this game and ever think Diablo 2 is really the better game. I would be pissed! Blizzard is taking their sweet time with it, so they had best deliver, no excuses. Awesome gameplay, awesome story, awesome graphics, amazing levels, fantastic music, top notch voice acting; nothing less will do.

Yes indeed.

I hope you're right, but I doubt it after playing SC2.

Can I borrow the time machine you used to play Diablo III?

I hope you're right, but I doubt it after playing SC2.

Starcraft 2 is awesome, not sure what you're on about. I have really high hopes for Diablo III (we all do though). God I hope they don't fuck this up- just make it as addictive as Diablo II was and I'll be satisfied.

Last edited:
Back